Terms and Conditions for DVD Talk Forum:
By registering, using or reading DVD Talk Forum account you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
DVD Talk is a private membership organization, NOT a public forum. Membership to DVD Talk is predicated on your ADHERENCE to the rules and policies detailed below. Failure to abide by these rules will result in the closure of your forum account and an end to your Membership on the site. DVD Talk Membership is not free, the membership fee (which is thirty dollars per year) is paid on your behalf by the advertisers on this site. As such you agree not to use any ad blocking or suppression software or be liable for your membership fee.
In compliance with The Children's Online Privacy Protection, you MUST be over the age of 13 to register for Membership in the DVD Talk forum and you MUST be at least 18 to read or post to the Mature forum.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of DVD Talk or any entity associated with DVD Talk or Kleinman.com Inc. Any information contained in this forum is delivered "as-is" without any form of warranty expressed or implied. Any use of the information contained within is solely at your own risk.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email at email@example.com. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the DVD Talk Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You agree not to post any advertising, URL's with affiliate id's or tracking numbers or anything which actively promotes a site or company. You agree not to use the addresses of any member on the forum for any other purpose than 1-1 personal communication. Any mailing in bulk to the forum Members (outside of official DVD Talk communication) or any unsolicited e-mail to members will result in immediate suspension of your membership. You agree not to use more than one registered forum account and not to represent yourself as another person, company or entity.
Although DVD Talk does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at DVD Talk reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless DVD Talk, Kleinman.com Inc, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at DVD Talk reserve the right to revoke your membership to the DVD Talk forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
We at DVD Talk also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. DVD Talk is a US Based site and forum and is governed by the laws of the State of Oregon in which it resides. As such we ask that you post to the forum in English. While we are sensitive to our overseas members there are other non-english DVD forums on the Internet that we can point you to if you can not post in English.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO THE DVD TALK FORUM IS ALSO PREDICATED ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES. If you violate any of these rules your account will be suspended and you may be permanently banned from membership at our discretion:
• Posting of personal attacks against another member, moderator or administrator in the forum
• Posting of any form of advertising including: URL's with affiliate codes, referrer tags, tracking numbers or anything which actively promotes a site or company
• Posting links or promotions for affiliate or rebate sites: including ebates, and other DVD coupon sites.
• Spam or promotion of your personal site for advertising purposes
• Posting a coupon or promotion for a company you work for under the guise that you are a consumer.
• Posting shopping experiences for a company you work for under the guise that you are a consumer.
• Registering more than one account. (If you share a connection, please contact a moderator/administrator before signing up another account or BOTH will be terminated.)
• Use of a false or invalid e-mail address.
• Promoting links to and Ebay auction or other auction site (this is considered advertising)
• Posting Information on how to defraud any company or promotion of any kind of illegal or unethical activity
• Posting personal information (full name, street address, etc of another member of non-member without their consent)
• Posting requests for copies of copyrighted material, or "how-to-get/make bootleg material" instructions
• Anything that violates the trademark or copyright of another company including anything that may violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• Anything aimed at defrauding or taking advantage of another company, exploiting flaws or weaknesses in their systems or sites
• Posting links or information about where to purchase or sell drugs, guns or ammunition.
• Padding your post count with one line posts or other attempts at flooding the forum with posts.
• Anything that could interfere with the viewing of the forum by other members - including any Java or Java script, MARQUEE or other page altering tags.
• Signature lengths greater than five (5) lines. As a courtesy to fellow users utilizing low screen resolutions and/or slow Internet connection speeds, those users who append signatures to their forum posts must keep the total length of their signature to a length of five lines or less.
• Posting post any profanity (harsh or mild) in the TOPIC/SUBJECT of your post.
• Posting complete nonsense, gibberish or using the forum to play posting games.
• Attacking or harassing any moderator or administrator on the forum or via email.
Note: DVD Talk has a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks. Posting something to the DVD Talk forum which personally attacks another forum member or contains profanity or any type of racial or ethnic slur may result in immediate suspension of your user account
NOTE: If you post advertising or promotions for your company or a company you work for or pose as a consumer discussing your product you will be charged for advertising on DVD Talk and hereby agree to pay in full and advertising fee for your posts up to $2,000.