Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MEGADETH: "Album 14" -2013

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

MEGADETH: "Album 14" -2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-13, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: MEGADETH: "Album 14" -2013

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
First impression: meandering, lazy. The guitar work is, as always, nothing short of incredible. But it's mired in por rhythm, weak hooks, and Mustaine's lyrics are just terrible. "Don't Turn Your Back" sounds killer, but his lyrics are so dumb it practically kills the song.
U mean its' not the masterpiece that the forum is claiming!!!!

Will wait 'till release date to get and listen my Best Buy copy.
Old 05-29-13, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DAVE MUSTAINE, JASON NEWSTED MAY PERFORM TOGETHER AT GIGANTOUR

Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted has revealed that he and Dave Mustaine may perform a classic Metallica song on the upcoming Gigantour. In a recent interview with SkullsNBones.com, Newsted said: "There is a chance that Mustaine and I will bust out some old Metallica that he was a part of [on the upcoming Gigantour]… There is a chance. It has been talked about. Whatever happens for sure, I don't know [laughs], but I'm willing to throw down 'Phantom Lord'. Actually, whatever he calls out, I'm gonna throw down." Check out the 8:30 mark of the interview

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ieSZCxUSxDs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-04-13, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

This album is total shit.
Old 06-04-13, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It really is. There isn't a single song I can find myself searching to hear again. Dave Mundane sounds so bored it's palpable. Chris Broderick deserves a better band to play in.
Old 06-09-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm going to get this for the Lizzy cover Cold Sweat. That's the hook for me. The rest i'll just choose as I hear it. Haven't gotten 13 yet. Should I ?? The past few before 13 I have liked but I didn't feel the urgency with buying 13, so I haven't yet.
Old 06-09-13, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOE29
I'm going to get this for the Lizzy cover Cold Sweat. That's the hook for me. The rest i'll just choose as I hear it. Haven't gotten 13 yet. Should I ?? The past few before 13 I have liked but I didn't feel the urgency with buying 13, so I haven't yet.
I loved Endgame but thought 13 was very weak.
Old 06-10-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm going to get this for the Lizzy cover Cold Sweat. That's the hook for me.
Don't. It's one of the worst covers I've ever heard.
Old 06-12-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok after a lot listens... This album is a grower and it's pretty good.

My favorites are KINGMAKER, SUPER COLLIDER and DANCE IN THE RAIN.

Other good tracks are BURN!, BUILT FOR WAR, FORGET TO REMEMBER, DON"T TURN YOUR BACK & A HOUSE DIVIDED

COLD SWEAT is alright...

The rest are weak... ALL I WANT is horrible

Can't wait for the COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION Blu-ray!
Old 06-15-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DAVID ELLEFSON REVEALS OCTOBER RELEASE FOR 'MY LIFE WITH DETH' AUTOBIOGRAPHY

As a member of Megadeth and long-time collaborator of Dave Mustaine, bassist David Ellefson has quite a life story to tell and that's just what he's offering up in his upcoming memoir "My Life With Deth". Ellefson penned the autobiography over the last year with the assistance of writer Joel McIver and it's due out on Oct. 29 through Howard Books.

Life in Megadeth likely provides enough material for more than one book but Ellefson digs much deeper into his own personal story throughout "My Life With Deth" covering everything from his initial descent into addiction early on in his career, his recovery, and his return to a Christian faith. He also talks about his studies to become a Lutheran pastor and his current work with MEGA Life! Ministries.

Ellefson spoke about his upcoming book, sharing, "My autobiography is not the usual tale of rock ‘n’ roll woe, but rather something I hope will truly inspire people." He continued, "I have dedicated my life to my craft, and I wanted to share the story of how a kid with a bass guitar and the dream of rock stardom literally risked it all to move from the farm in Minnesota to Los Angeles, and with a lot of hard work, sacrifice and a little luck along the way, made the dream come true."
Old 06-15-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dave asks what to play on Twitter
Dave Mustaine ‏@DaveMustaine 10h
If I play a song I wrote in @Metallica w/@JasonCNewsted, which should it be? Ride, Metal Militia, Phantom, Jump, Khutulu, or Four Horsemen?
Old 06-24-13, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Phodg
Don't. It's one of the worst covers I've ever heard.
Well, I did buy it today. Haven't listened to it completely yet, just kind skimmed through it right now. It has some good things on the cd and some bad things on it. But overall it was a good pickup. There's enough on there to keep me happy, although I agree not all of it does. It was worth the $10 that I paid for it. And no, I didn't get the lenticular cd cover.

Well, guess what. After going through most of this cd it is kind of strange. There still is some good things here...but the bad stuff seems to take over most of the cd. I think that I heard banjos????
Seems to be slower than his usual songs too, which I don't like.

Last edited by JOE29; 06-24-13 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-24-13, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I did buy it today. Haven't listened to it completely yet, just kind skimmed through it right now. It has some good things on the cd and some bad things on it. But overall it was a good pickup. There's enough on there to keep me happy, although I agree not all of it does. It was worth the $10 that I paid for it. And no, I didn't get the lenticular cd cover.

Well, guess what. After going through most of this cd it is kind of strange. There still is some good things here...but the bad stuff seems to take over most of the cd. I think that I heard banjos????
Seems to be slower than his usual songs too, which I don't like.
On Saturday night I was driving through Mexico City and I saw a CD stand. They had a bootleg of it for 10 pesos, which is roughly 80 cents and I still didn't buy it.
Old 06-30-13, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
On Saturday night I was driving through Mexico City and I saw a CD stand. They had a bootleg of it for 10 pesos, which is roughly 80 cents and I still didn't buy it.
Well, I can see why. After listening through it, what I could stand, it is pretty bad. There are about 2 or 3 songs that I like but other than that..... I tried to support this release, I really did, but I really can't. It is pretty bad...did I say that already? Maybe he's getting too old, or I don't know what the problem is, but this release and the one before this, Thirteen? I haven't even bothered with.
Old 07-03-13, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
MEGADETH FILMS 'SUPER COLLIDER' VIDEO

Megadeth filmed a video for the title track and first single from the band's new album, "Super Collider", on Friday, May 10 in the Los Angeles area. California-based model, actress, singer and songwriter Hunter Elizabeth was cast in the lead role in the clip, which she says is "about a high-school couple still loving each other after all the years after graduation, and at the 10-year reunion, both characters find themselves successful (a model and a mathematician) and still very in love."
And here is the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PZhqZAVGTqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jzfdnqBpKAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"...it's a song that people don't expect from us."

Old 08-29-13, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH 'COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION: LIVE' TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 24

MEGADETH 'COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION: LIVE' TO BE RELEASED WORLDWIDE ON SEPTEMBER 24 IN MULTIPLE VIDEO AND AUDIO CONFIGURATIONS

Definitive Document of Megadeth’s Acclaimed 2012 “Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour”

“(Countdown To Extinction) may just be the finest thrash-metal album ever made” – SPIN

Los Angeles, California – August 28, 2013 – Last November and December, Megadeth blazed hot on the band’s “Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour,” ripping through their entire double platinum 1992 album from start to finish before performing other classics from their recorded catalog. On September 24 (September 23 outside of North America), Tradecraft/UMe will release Countdown To Extinction: Live, a definitive document of the acclaimed, sold-out tour. Recorded and filmed at Los Angeles’ Fox Theatre last December, Countdown To Extinction: Live will be available in several video and audio configurations, including deluxe Blu-ray/CD, DVD, CD, Digital Album, Mastered for iTunes Album, and Longform Digital Video.

In addition to Megadeth’s blistering performance of the entire Countdown To Extinction album, including the essential “Symphony Of Destruction,” “Foreclosure Of A Dream,” “Sweating Bullets,” and “Skin O’ My Teeth,” Countdown To Extinction: Live features all of the other Megadeth classics the band performed at the epic concert, including “Holy Wars” and “Hangar 18” from 1990’s Rust In Peace, “Peace Sells” from the band’s influential, platinum certified 1986 album, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, and “Trust” from 1997’s platinum certified Cryptic Writings.

rest of article http://www.megadeth.com/news/megadet...d-september-24

Megadeth: Countdown To Extinction: Live
Intro
Trust
Hangar 18
Public Enemy
Skin O’ My Teeth
Symphony Of Destruction
Architecture Of Aggression
Foreclosure Of A Dream
Sweating Bullets
This Was My Life
Countdown To Extinction
High Speed Dirt
Psychotron
Captive Honour
Ashes In Your Mouth
She Wolf
Peace Sells
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Outro
Old 08-29-13, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sounds like a must buy to me!
Old 08-29-13, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally we will get a full show Megadeth release! [No half-ass'd low budget shit]

Blu-ray will be mine!!, hope they do a great 5.1 mix.

Fuck the 24th is gonna be an awesome music day: Megadeth, Metallica & Nirvana. [ I miss -91-93 when a lot of great music came out.]
Old 09-15-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Been wondering why Amazon hasn't list the BR version and thought for the last 2 weeks that maybe it would be a Best Buy exclusive.... well

Old 09-23-13, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fDOAIWZumJ4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-25-13, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SUPER COLLIDER U.S. TOUR ANNOUNCED, FAN CLUB TICKETS/VIP PACKAGES PRESALE BEGINS WEDNESDAY 9/25

Megadeth Announces Super Collider Tour—Cross-Country Trek Kicks Off in St. Paul, Minnesota on Nov. 23

Highly-Anticipated ‘Countdown To Extinction: Live’ Available Sept. 24

Nashville, Tenn. (Sept. 24, 2013) – Following the success of GIGANTOUR 2013 and sold-out shows with Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, Megadeth confirms the long-awaited Super Collider Tour. The cross-country tour kicks off in St. Paul, MN., on Nov. 23 and make stops in Detroit, Boston and Charlotte, along with other markets. Megadeth's Cyber Army fan club exclusive tickets presale and VIP packages presale begins Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. and ends Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10 p.m. local time. Presale details will be provided to club members at cyberarmy.megadeth.com. Megadeth has partnered with On The List Presents to offer a variety of VIP packages, including meet & greets and exclusive Megadeth guitar packages. For more info, please visit: www.megadeth.com.

Last November and December, Megadeth blazed hot on the band’s “Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour”, ripping through their entire double platinum 1992 album from start to finish before performing other classics from their recorded catalog. On September 24 (September 23 outside of North America), Tradecraft/UMe will release Countdown To Extinction: Live, a definitive document of the acclaimed, sold-out tour. Recorded and filmed at Los Angeles’ Fox Theatre last December, Countdown To Extinction: Live will be available in several video and audio configurations, including deluxe Blu-ray/CD, DVD, CD, Digital Album, Mastered for iTunes Album, and Longform Digital Video. In addition to Megadeth’s blistering performance of the entire Countdown To Extinction album, including the essential “Symphony Of Destruction”, “Foreclosure Of A Dream”, “Sweating Bullets” and “Skin O’ My Teeth”, Countdown To Extinction: Live features all of the other Megadeth classics the band performed at the epic concert, including “Holy Wars” and “Hangar 18” from 1990’s Rust In Peace, “Peace Sells” from the band’s influential, platinum certified 1986 album, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, and “Trust” from 1997’s platinum certified Cryptic Writings.

About Megadeth:

In a career nearing 30 years, Megadeth has sold more than 38 million albums worldwide, earning five consecutive platinum albums and numerous accolades along the way, including 11 GRAMMY® nominations. The band’s latest studio album, Super Collider, reunites Mustaine once again with guitarist Chris Broderick, bassist David Ellefson, and drummer Shawn Drover. Released in June, Super Collider debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200, Megadeth’s highest chart debut since 1994’s Youthanasia.

TOUR DATES
11/23 St. Paul, MN / Myth Live
11/24 Madison, WI / Orpheum Theatre
11/26 Grand Rapids, MI / Orbit Room
11/27 Detroit, MI / The Fillmore
11/29 Montclair, NJ / The Wellmont Theater
11/30 Bethlehem, PA / Sands Bethlehem Event Center
12/01 Boston, MA / House of Blues Boston
12/03 Huntington, NY / The Paramount
12/04 Silver Spring, MD / The Fillmore Silver Spring
12/05 Charlotte, NC / The Fillmore Charlotte
12/07 N. Myrtle Beach, SC / House of Blues Myrtle Beach
12/08 Saint Petersburg, FL / Jannus Live
12/09 Lake Buena Vista, FL / House of Blues Orlando
12/12 Houston, TX / Bayou Music Center
12/14 Socorro, TX / Socorro Entertainment Center

www.megadeth.com
www.facebook.com/megadeth
www.facebook.com/davemustaine
www.twitter.com/megadeth
www.twitter.com/davemustaine

Old 09-26-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I caught them opening for Iron Maiden last month ... first time I had seen Megadeth years and years, they put on a good show
Old 10-09-13, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH'S 'BUILT FOR WAR' FEATURED ON NCIS: LOS ANGELES

The song, "Built For War" from Megadeth's album "Super Collider" was featured last night on the CBS TV series, NCIS: Los Angeles (Naval Criminal Investigative Service: Los Angeles). NCIS: Los Angeles is an American television series combining elements of the military drama and police procedural genres, which premiered on the CBS network on September 22, 2009. The series airs following NCIS on Tuesdays in the United States. Check out the clip below.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hIIwxwZZj20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-09-13, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FAN-FILMED VIDEO FOOTAGE OF ENTIRE SANTIAGO CONCERT

Fan-filmed video footage of Megadeth's entire October 4 concert in Santiago, Chile as special guests to Black Sabbath can be seen below. The two bands are on a 9-show trek across Latin America this month, wrapping up the tour in Mexico City, MX on October 26.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qNvLFqXOiII?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MEGADETH.com
Old 11-20-13, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M5yyrWyCa1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-03-13, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH TO PERFORM ON 'JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!'

Megadeth will perform on the Monday, December 16 episode of ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". This will be the band's second time appearing on the show. The first was performing in full costume on the show's outdoor stage on Halloween, October 31, 2011; also the eve of the release of Megadeth's album, “TH1RT3EN”. See video. "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" airs every weeknight at 11:35 p.m. EST on ABC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.