Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

P!nk "Funhouse"; 28 October 2008

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't quite know what it is about Pink. My favorite music usually came from the likes of Pearl Jam and Billy Joel, then a ridiculously titled disc called "Missundaztood" came out and a friend of mine insisted that I listen to it. After a bit of poking fun at the title (and singers name), I did and really liked it. The next two albums came out, and there was only one song on all three combined that I didn't like (I blame Peaches for that). I went to a Pink concert at the House of Blues and, while it wasn't the spectacle like on the "Live at Wembley" DVD, it ranks as my 3rd favorite concert (behind, not surprising, two Pearl Jam shows and just above Billy Joel) primarily due to the energy.

Anyway, I say all that to hopefully express that I still have no idea why I've liked her last three albums as much as I have, and am still shocked that I cannot wait for October 28 to get here . I certainly don't expect this thread to get a quarter as many replies as a new Metallica album does, but maybe someone that would care missed the new album date, so here it is!
Old 09-11-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I started liking Pink with her second album when she quit singing the white girl R&B tunes.
Old 09-11-08, 10:19 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
her new song is kickass..
Old 09-11-08, 10:22 AM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
What's the song title?
Old 09-11-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The new song is "So What". I wanted to embed a youtube video of it in the original post, but all that I saw (when I quickly made this in the morning) had the embed function turned off.

As to her other albums, I can't stand her first one either. I read an interview from her at one point where she explained that the music on there wasn't really "her" and had made it because its what the record company wanted, and is also why she only ever plays one song from that album on tour.
Old 09-11-08, 07:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
i actually say i discovered Pink. i saw the "There You Go" video and instantly wanted it. i went to the store only to find out it wasn't out yet. needlesstosay, i got the album, every album since and this one for sure, and loved her ever since (even though the 1st turned out to be her sell out debut and not her at all, which was great because who she is is who i love).
Old 09-11-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does she know there's already an album called "Funhouse"?
Old 10-28-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be picking this up today. I've only heard the single and it's a fun tune.
Old 10-28-08, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I went to Voodoo fest over the weekend and Dashboard Confessional played a cover of So What. I Haven't seen the video but I have heard that her ex-husband Carey Hart is in it.
Old 10-28-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Yeah, he is. He must be a really good sport.
Old 10-28-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Someone on the net said Carey was tricked into the video. Kind of ironic if it's true. They make a cute couple. The single is OK.

Always been a fan of P!nk's since the first album. She can do the white R&B thang or the badass rocker chick. U+UR Hand totally rocks!
Old 10-28-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If you ask me, you just don't name an album "Funhouse". That album name is already taken. As far as I'm concerned, this is like naming an album "London Calling".
Old 10-28-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another album with the same name is news to me and probably millions of others.
Old 10-28-08, 10:42 PM

I thought she was ok, I didn't have any problem with her until she got political. I wanted to beat the crap out of her after hearing that "Hey Mr. President" song.

One of the lines was something about "You don't know anything about hard work"... talking to the president. Sure, Bush is an idiot, we all know that. Sure, he hasn't had too hard of a life..... but what the hell has Pink done thats been so hard? Why isn't she sharing all her money with the poor?

Ughhhh... little whiney baby Hollywood people.
Old 10-30-08, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well for those interested, she'll be on Conan tonight, assumingly playing 'so what'
Old 10-31-08, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i wonder if they told her to cover up after the few 'nipple flashes' at the mtv awards, as for htis shes fully clothed even with a hat, unless thats due to the coldness of nyc
Old 10-31-08, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRImR4fmWmo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRImR4fmWmo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-31-08, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

she told a story on conan, that the bit where she's on a tractor, that its on a real street, and the traffic was real.