Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2024, D: Lorenz) S: Neeson, Condon, Gleeson, Meaney, Hinds

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2024, D: Lorenz) S: Neeson, Condon, Gleeson, Meaney, Hinds

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-23, 10:57 AM

Received 4,612 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Robert Lorenz’s IN THE LAND OF SAINTS AND SINNERS, will have its World Premiere at the Venice Film Festival on Wednesday, September 6.

IN THE LAND OF SAINTS AND SINNERS - FIRST TRAILER

The film stars Liam Neeson, Kerry Condon, Jack Gleeson, Colm Meaney and Ciarán Hinds. The film is produced by Bonnie Timmerman, Geraldine Hughes, Terry Loane, Philip Lee and Markus Barmettler. Bleiberg Entertainment are representing international sales on the title.

This is Liam Neeson's second collaboration with Robert Lorenz after The Marksman in 2019 and Kerry Condon's first major starring role since her Academy-Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for The Banshees of Inisherin.
No distribution yet... but I'm sure it will be picked up soon.
Old 09-06-23, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 489 Likes on 323 Posts
re: In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2024, D: Lorenz) S: Neeson, Condon, Gleeson, Meaney, Hinds

I always love when I get some Colm Meaney.
Old 09-06-23, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,227 Likes on 2,083 Posts
re: In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2024, D: Lorenz) S: Neeson, Condon, Gleeson, Meaney, Hinds

I’m at work so it can’t watch the trailer yet but that cast makes me think this is more than Neeson’s standard DTV fare.
Old 11-28-23, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I hate to bump this old thread and this is a crime film but it's not the usual Taken rehash dreck that Neeson has being doing for the last 10 years. It's set in Ireland and in the 70s. I kind of liked the Irish countryside setting. Some of it's kind of predictable (to me) and I thought the ending was a little long but it was an enjoyable watch. Kerry looked old though.

Oh Colm Meaney was great in this.
The following users liked this post:
Crocker Jarmen (11-28-23)
Old 02-01-24, 12:00 PM

IN THE LAND OF SAINTS AND SINNERS is in theaters March 29!

Ireland, 1970s. Eager to leave his dark past behind, Finbar Murphy (Liam Neeson) leads a quiet life in the remote coastal town of Glencolmcille, far from the political violence that grips the rest of the country. But when a menacing crew of terrorists arrive, led by a ruthless woman named Doirean (Kerry Condon), Finbar is drawn into an increasingly vicious game of cat and mouse, forcing him to choose between exposing his secret identity or defending his friends and neighbors.

Director: Robert Lorenz
Starring: Liam Neeson, Kerry Condon, Ciaran Hinds, Jack Gleeson
Old 03-26-24, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,197 Likes on 921 Posts
Re: In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2024, D: Lorenz) S: Neeson, Condon, Gleeson, Meaney, Hinds

I'm catching this Friday morning. I had to switch my schedule around.
Old 03-27-24, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 841 Likes on 554 Posts
Re: In The Land Of Saints And Sinners (2024, D: Lorenz) S: Neeson, Condon, Gleeson, Meaney, Hinds

I’m checking this out Sunday. Why did this take so long to get released? Letterboxd says 2023.
Old 03-27-24, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I’m checking this out Sunday. Why did this take so long to get released? Letterboxd says 2023.
It played at festivals and was released in the UK during Q4 2023.
Old 03-27-24, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 269 Likes on 197 Posts

I thought this was release already and on Amazon Prime or streaming somewhere.

Turns out that one is A Walk Among the Tombstones it reminds me of this for some reason.

Old 03-30-24, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

This is reminding me of a little film starring Patrick McGoohan and Lee Van Cleef called The Hard Way. A hit man who wants out, largely set in the Irish countryside.
Old 03-31-24, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 291 Likes on 183 Posts

Definitely one of Neeson's best in the last decade. Great cast (including Jack Gleeson, aka King Joffrey). I kept asking myself where I knew that face from, took like 20 minutes into the movie when it hit me. Glad he changed his mind on retiring from acting.