Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-14, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015, D: Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Serkis, von Syd

Originally Posted by mcnabb
When Luke Skywalker is revealed for the first time in Episode 7, it will probably get the biggest cheer out of the Big 3.
This. I haven't really gotten too excited about this, but I think it's starting to happen...
Old 07-25-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015, D: Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Serkis, von Syd

Originally Posted by Kicker_of_Elves
*chills*
Old 07-25-14, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

This is Infamous posted an article that claims the Badass Digest report about Luke's severed hand/lightsaber appearing in the movie is only partially true.

http://thisisinfamous.com/exclusive-...i-plot-rumors/

Spoiler:
EPISODE VII will open with the traditional crawl, spelling out where we are and giving us some indication as to where that familiar galaxy far, far away rests all these years later since RETURN OF THE JEDI. Then once it fades off-screen, we will indeed get this floating hand with lightsaber floating through space… well, sorta. My sources indicate that the hand is a bit too gruesome of an image to kick off the new trilogy of films with, but Luke’s lightsaber that would have been set free from Cloud City as he was released into dangling from its weather vain will be there front and center.

From there, it will be discovered in the desert – most certainly NOT Tattoine as I was told – by some sort of non-human, alien creature, much like the Jawas came across a pair of droids back at the front end of A NEW HOPE. From there, it will quickly come into the hands of John Boyega, who will in fact be a Stormtrooper… or at least WAS a Stormtrooper before the defeat of the Empire… and Daisy Ridley’ character, who still remains mysterious in nature. That will set in motion some events that will bring about a search for Luke Skywalker, who has essentially fallen off the grid, unseen by all, since the Rebel Aliance’s victory, but the lightsaber is by no means the main piece of STAR WARS: EPISODE VII that drives the story. As it was explained to me, it is more of a through-line of the Skywalker legacy that connects the prequels to the Original Trilogy to this new trilogy. Imagine you would saw the prequels first. When Obi-Wan presents Anakin’s lightsaber to his son, that’s some pretty cool connective tissue. That’s the spirit in which this detail exists, so those of you crying over EPISODE VII being the return of Luke’s hand, take a deep breath and calm down. That’s not the case.

However, soon after you will quickly learn what is at the heart of EPISODE VII’s story, as there will be a large-scale battle sequence involving Adam Driver, who I can confirm with my sources will be the main villain (no Jedi hunters involved). It is this battle sequence that will really set things in motion for what lies ahead.

Also true is this massive weapon capable of destroying more than just planets like Alderaan… whole galaxies are in danger of being wiped out. This threat will be in the hands of a new villainous entity, although there is some question about whether or not the Empire may have some sort of involvement before this new trilogy is complete. It certainly won’t be full-scale as it was before in the Original Trilogy, but that doesn’t mean they won’t have some sort of residual presence. It won’t be with the Emperor in any way though; that’s a certainty… but think more along the lines of neo-Nazis than the full Nazi regime, and you’ll get a clearer picture.
Still sounds iffy... especially the speculation that Boyega's character could have been a stormtrooper before the defeat of the Empire (if we're talking pre-ROTJ, he wouldn't have been born at that point).

Hamill talked a bit about the movie to the BBC during the Guardians premiere:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lOdYsWNNN04?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-25-14, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

For whatever reason, a movie opening with a lightsaber floating through space reminds me of the opening of STAR TREK GENERATIONS (that had a bottle of Dom Perignon floating through space).

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 07-27-14 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-25-14, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts

I am not convinced that is Mark Hamill, Tom Petty maybe but not Mark Hamill.
Old 07-25-14, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Sounds like, so far, him and Harrison haven't shot a scene together unless the accident happened early on.
Old 07-25-14, 09:16 PM

^ Hamill appeared at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World early last month and mentioned he was still growing out the beard to be ready for filming. Harrison's injury happened a week later, likely before Mark had shot anything.

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Not sure where to put this so in both threads it goes:

Last edited by joe_b; 07-25-14 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-25-14, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

I anticipate Hamill being part of the series for years to come, when they eventually kill off Luke, he'll just be a force ghost after that. I'm hoping this current 'episode' series with the new actors lasts for 6+ films. I'd be surprised if their contracts don't mirror the Marvel ones.
Old 07-25-14, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I would reckon that Episode IX will be last movie in that cycle. Three trilogies, each focusing on one generation of characters, seems to be the plan.

Early on, Lucas said twelve movies, but that went down to nine when they started working on TESB, and it stayed that way until GL began working on the prequels and cut it down again to six and it became the story of Anakin Skywalker.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the count got pushed back up to twelve, with the VII-IX trilogy focusing on Luke, Han, and Leia, while X-XII was about the new characters. Bringing back Luke, Han, and Leia really seems to have captured the public's interest, so the 'next generation' of characters might get have to wait for their time in the spotlight. Just speculation, but I'm sure the Mouse wants to make as much money as he can.
Old 07-26-14, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Yeah I don't see Han being alive at the end of Episode VII.
Old 07-26-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
Yeah I don't see Han being alive at the end of Episode VII.

It's funny, I posted the same thing a while ago on one of my friend's Facebook statuses about the new movies, and I got completely jumped on by one of his fanboy friends. Personally, I would be shocked if Han DOESN'T die at this point. I'm kinda hoping he does so I can rub it in
Old 07-26-14, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Han only dies if Ford demanded it as a condition to do Ep VII.

I don't think Disney would want to kill off a core character so soon after buying the franchise. They are going to want to milk this bantha for all it's worth.
Old 07-26-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
Yeah I don't see Han's foot being alive at the end of Episode VII.
Fixed.
Old 07-26-14, 06:57 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

if Han has to die, I just don't want him going out like a punk.
Old 07-26-14, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Autoerotic asphyxiation?

Leia and Chewie find him hanging in the Millennium Falcon with his pants around his ankles.
Old 07-27-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

******** src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/js/overlay">*********><iframe id="ci030_965567" src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/39/video/965567/ci030/cinemablend.com/10/1/" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Old 07-27-14, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think Han only dies if Ford demanded it as a condition to do Ep VII.

I don't think Disney would want to kill off a core character so soon after buying the franchise. They are going to want to milk this bantha for all it's worth.
I hope they milk a different animal myself, I want this new series to stay far away from Tatooine.
Old 07-27-14, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Leia will tell Han that she is still haunted by the kiss she gave Luke all those years ago and that their marriage has been a sham. Han will die of a broken heart.
Old 07-27-14, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Don't worry ... He'll shoot first. Even if he doesn't, he will 20 years later.
Old 07-28-14, 06:21 PM

This week they're filming on Skellig Island in Ireland. Mark Hamill and his family were seen arriving at the location, but no other cast members have been sighted (though Daisy Ridley tweeted about getting up at 5 AM, so she's probably part of the shoot as well). Perhaps this is where
Spoiler:
Luke's been hiding out all these years?

Last edited by joe_b; 07-28-14 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-28-14, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Don't worry ... He'll shoot first. Even if he doesn't, he will 20 years later.
Han has to be killed by son of Greedo.
Old 07-28-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the chances of Hayden Christensen being in this movie as Jedi ghost Ani?
Old 07-28-14, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Lara Means
What are the chances of Hayden Christensen being in this movie as Jedi ghost Ani?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2V3CfD8TPac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-28-14, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Please don't get my hopes up :crossesfingers:
Old 07-28-14, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Assuming there's a God, none whatsoever.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.