Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Whedon)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Whedon)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12, 10:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Whedon)

They should continue the tradition of having a different dude play Bruce Banner in every movie.
Old 05-08-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
I think people would look at a Hulk film a little differently now after his role in The Avengers. Wasn't The Incredible Hulk the least profitable of the first batch of movies leading up to this?

A Ruffalo film would be fantastic if they could capture the same tone of Avengers.

People are liking Ruffalo and this version of The Hulk A LOT. I would think they would try to cash in on that.
Old 05-08-12, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
They should continue the tradition of having a different dude play Bruce Banner in every movie.
Or better yet, bring in Eddie Murphy to play the role of every Avengers member.
Old 05-08-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Have hulk come out
Now THAT Would be an interesting movie!
Old 05-08-12, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

If they go cosmic, Black Widow (and Hawkeye) would likely feel out of place. However I thought Whedon utilized the character extremely well, and Johanson knocked the performance out of the park. I liked her going in and she was still a surprise to me.

I think here character could work really well in a Captain America film- since both characters are basically SHIELD lifers, and there are several areas where you could explore a natural, organic conflict between these two characters in terms of how they get the job done and what they are willing to do and not do. Caps a hero and she (and Hawkeye) is an assassin.

Mostly what I would like to see in the solo films, is the brief interaction of these other characters- like seeing Pepper Potts in Avengers. Even if BW doesn't figure prominently in the Cap movie, it would more than make sense to see her pop up in a scene or two on the Hellicarrier. Same thing with having Banner pop up in a throwaway scene in Iron Man.

That kind of little embroidery around the edges is what is ultimately going to make this movie universe seem so unique and expansive.
Old 05-08-12, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Have hulk come out
Originally Posted by joeblow69
Now THAT Would be an interesting movie!
Old 05-08-12, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-09-12, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope they save Thanos for when the Marvel Cinematic Universe is fully developed; let the next Avengers film be about Vision/Coulson, which is a great way to get Vision on the screen without much backstory.
Old 05-09-12, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Do NOT make Coulson the Vision. Leave him be. One of the worst things about print comics these days is how nobody stays dead. (Still pissed they brought Norman Osborn back!)
Old 05-09-12, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Perhaps Coulson isn't dead after all. Clark Gregg was reportedly in talks to reprise the role of Agent Coulson in Iron Man 3 and then there's this interesting writeup in Wikipedia of Coulson's death.

The timing of that scene (when Fury says they have a man down and then suddenly claims the time of death had already been called) was rather awkward.

Oh and Andy Lau is joining the cast of Iron Man 3 (but not as the Mandarin).
Old 05-09-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

If another Hulk movie is made, I think its key that it be a much more in control Hulk, battling a real villain. We don't need another military vs poor Hulk rehash.
Old 05-09-12, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Perhaps Coulson isn't dead after all. Clark Gregg was reportedly in talks to reprise the role of Agent Coulson in Iron Man 3 and then there's this interesting writeup in Wikipedia of Coulson's death.

The timing of that scene (when Fury says they have a man down and then suddenly claims the time of death had already been called) was rather awkward.

Oh and Andy Lau is joining the cast of Iron Man 3 (but not as the Mandarin).

Yes. I posted that in the Avengers thread and also in the IM3 thread, bitch. I'll give you this one though.
Old 05-09-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC

Yes. I posted that in the Avengers thread and also in the IM3 thread, bitch. I'll give you this one though.
I can't be bothered to be aware of everything you post.

Last edited by RocShemp; 05-09-12 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-09-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's a great idea.
Old 05-09-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

It will be curious to see how well Thor 2 and Captain America 2 do. The fans have really embraced The Avengers and maybe the single hero movies won't be enough... other than Iron Man 3. The audience can be fickle at times.
Old 05-09-12, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
It will be curious to see how well Thor 2 and Captain America 2 do. The fans have really embraced The Avengers and maybe the single hero movies won't be enough... other than Iron Man 3. The audience can be fickle at times.
Interesting thought.
Old 05-09-12, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I suspect Marvel will really play up the Avengers ties for Thor and Cap in the marketing. My guess is the extra exposure from the film will help both those sequels.
Old 05-09-12, 05:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah, I would expect some extended cameos in the new films, instead of the post-credit one-liners that we've had up until now.
Old 05-09-12, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Unless the new movie totally bombs, I'm expecting Spider-man with be part of the Avengers next time around. I think the big key to all future films is to keep Robert Downey Jr. around to play Stark. I don't know that he's contracted beyond Iron Man 3/Avengers 2.

I'm also not sure a full-blown Hulk movie with Ruffalo would work. I almost like him as a secondary character better. Plus, AVENGERS seemed to establish that he had control of the beast, and was no longer seeking a cure - so I'm not sure where a stand-alone movie would go (unless that's it - a cure is discovered, but Banner choses to stay The Hulk).
Old 05-09-12, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Yeah, I would expect some extended cameos in the new films, instead of the post-credit one-liners that we've had up until now.
I'm wondering how that is written in the actor's contracts, though. I know Evans signed a multi-picture deal, but does that cover a full movie himself or cameos. If it covers any appearance, I'd doubt Marvel/Disney is going to burn up an appearance when it's not either a solo movie or an Avengers movie.

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Unless the new movie totally bombs, I'm expecting Spider-man with be part of the Avengers next time around. I think the big key to all future films is to keep Robert Downey Jr. around to play Stark. I don't know that he's contracted beyond Iron Man 3/Avengers 2.

I'm also not sure a full-blown Hulk movie with Ruffalo would work. I almost like him as a secondary character better. Plus, AVENGERS seemed to establish that he had control of the beast, and was no longer seeking a cure - so I'm not sure where a stand-alone movie would go (unless that's it - a cure is discovered, but Banner choses to stay The Hulk).
Spider-Man isn't going to be in any Avengers movie unless Marvel/Disney buys him back from Sony. Sony has the rights to him and they aren't going to "lend" him out to a competing movie studio just to make a cool movie.
Old 05-09-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I suspect Marvel will really play up the Avengers ties for Thor and Cap in the marketing. My guess is the extra exposure from the film will help both those sequels.
I also think The Avengers will provide a boost to both of them. The originals were pretty solid hits to begin with, but I think they'll get a bump.
Old 05-09-12, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deftones
Spider-Man isn't going to be in any Avengers movie unless Marvel/Disney buys him back from Sony. Sony has the rights to him and they aren't going to "lend" him out to a competing movie studio just to make a cool movie.
I don't anticipate Sony giving up Spider-man any time soon, if ever. After getting badly burned by Ang Lee's Hulk, Universal quickly gave him back to Marvel. But Spider-man is a cash cow that Sony will hold onto.
Old 05-09-12, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

If Mickey and Bugs can be on the same screen, then it's not out of the realm of possibility that they can get Spidey in on it. Not likely, but not impossible.
Old 05-09-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I don't anticipate Sony giving up Spider-man any time soon, if ever. After getting badly burned by Ang Lee's Hulk, Universal quickly gave him back to Marvel. But Spider-man is a cash cow that Sony will hold onto.
X-men/Wolverine are also held by a different studio, right? So no "New Avengers" lineup just yet.

Is FF as a franchise finished at this point?

It's actually kinda surprising how much of a breakout star the Hulk is. Although he's considered a founding member of the Avengers, he wasn't really an Avenger all that long...
Old 05-09-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Fantastic Four "reboot" is underway at this point in time. I'm sure we'll see a movie with them in about 3 years or so.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.