Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

24: The Movie -- Star: Kiefer Sutherland - Rumors, news, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

24: The Movie -- Star: Kiefer Sutherland - Rumors, news, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
re: 24: The Movie -- Star: Kiefer Sutherland - Rumors, news, etc.

Originally Posted by DJariya
If you didn't buy the 24 season 8 BD, there is a 3 1/2 minute epilogue that was shot specifically for the BD that explains what happened to Chloe.
Does it involve the Sea of Japan?
Old 01-08-12, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Does it involve the Sea of Japan?
Yeah she drowned.

She was arrested by the FBI for helping Jack escape. That link I posted has the video.

I assume in the movie she will probably be in prison and get released for some reason.
Old 01-08-12, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey man I ignored all that and just wished she died. On a side note, I do thank you for those Leverage threads, I got into it a few months ago and it's good to read thoughts on the S1 eps.
Old 01-08-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Wait. Didn't the President orchestrate Jack's escape? Why would Chloe go down for following orders?
Old 01-08-12, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The president and Jack weren't on the same side after she agreed to cover up Hassan's murder.
Old 01-08-12, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, okay. I misremembered the President letting Jack escape despite their falling out. I haven't seen season 8 since it aired.

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-09-12 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-08-12, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the show. I started it with the final season, and have since gone back and watched seasons 1-5. I'm almost dreading watching 6 and 7 because then I'll have no more to look forward to.

I AM looking forward to the movie, but I don't know how it's going to play dispensing with the real-time narrative. Will it be as good? Don't know. It could be brilliant in the right hands so let's hope they get a fantastic writer and director.
Old 01-08-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lamphorn
Love the show. I started it with the final season, and have since gone back and watched seasons 1-5. I'm almost dreading watching 6 and 7 because then I'll have no more to look forward to.

I AM looking forward to the movie, but I don't know how it's going to play dispensing with the real-time narrative. Will it be as good? Don't know. It could be brilliant in the right hands so let's hope they get a fantastic writer and director.
As I posted on the previous page, Mark Bomback, who wrote Unstoppable is currently doing a re-write of Billy Ray's script. No director has been hired yet.

Interesting that you started with season 8 because that was a season of 2 halves....1st half was pretty bad, but the 2nd half was probably some of the best television the show ever put out.
Old 01-08-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I posted on the previous page, Mark Bomback, who wrote Unstoppable is currently doing a re-write of Billy Ray's script. No director has been hired yet.

Interesting that you started with season 8 because that was a season of 2 halves....1st half was pretty bad, but the 2nd half was probably some of the best television the show ever put out.
Yep. I'm just glad they ended on a high note. I'm glad to hear they're going to be filming soon, I've really been missing the show lately.

Also, that Chloe clip was pretty great, so thanks for posting it. I haven't seen it and only have the DVD version of Season 8; pretty lame they didn't include it there too
Old 01-08-12, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The president came to her senses at the end of the series & did help in his escape in that she warned CTU what was happening & that allowed Chloe to help Jack escape the FBI. I think she may have even called the hired guns & told them to not kill Jack.
Old 01-08-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As for the movie, I hope whatever Jack does, it earns him and Chloe a pardon so they are not in jail or on the run. It did annoy me with the series that no matter how much Jack saves the world, he ends up being screwed over half the time. It won't screw up chances for later movies since they can always have a new situation that Jack becomes involved in.
Old 01-09-12, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by resinrats
The president came to her senses at the end of the series & did help in his escape in that she warned CTU what was happening & that allowed Chloe to help Jack escape the FBI. I think she may have even called the hired guns & told them to not kill Jack.
That's how I remember it. Which is why I find Chloe taking the fall so odd. I could understand her being quationed but there being no evidence to hold her.
Old 03-02-12, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Some Plot details have been released for the new 24 movie:

Spoiler:

Even Hollywood can’t keep Jack Bauer down. The long-awaited 24 movie may start production as early as April. “I love the script,” Sutherland says. “If I had to do the poster, I’d say, ‘For eight days Jack Bauer had to save his country. Today, Jack Bauer has to save himself’.” Instead of a big global threat unfolding in real time, the movie compacts on day into two hours as JB fights for survival. The script opens with Jack in Eastern Europe before traveling west. “His years of service created a lot of enemies and he’s estranged from the U.S.; he’s been hiding a while,” Sutherland says. “Jack is in a kind a purgatory and he’s running as opposed to chasing, which is a huge shift.” Will Chloe and other familiar faces show up ? “It’s mostly Jack on his own, but he does network out to some of his old team,” Sutherland reveals. “And if I said more than that, someone more powerful than Jack Bauer will have my ass kicked.”

http://www.24spoilers.com/2012/03/01...uide/#comments

via TV Guide

Old 03-02-12, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

This is another one of those films that I'll believe is happening when the cameras are actually rolling. I only say that because I really want to see it, but things keep coming up that pushes shooting back...pretty soon the studio might just say it's not worth the trouble.
Old 03-02-12, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:

Even Hollywood can’t keep Jack Bauer down. The long-awaited 24 movie may start production as early as April. “I love the script,” Sutherland says. “If I had to do the poster, I’d say, ‘For eight days Jack Bauer had to save his country. Today, Jack Bauer has to save himself’.” Instead of a big global threat unfolding in real time, the movie compacts on day into two hours as JB fights for survival. The script opens with Jack in Eastern Europe before traveling west. “His years of service created a lot of enemies and he’s estranged from the U.S.; he’s been hiding a while,” Sutherland says. “Jack is in a kind a purgatory and he’s running as opposed to chasing, which is a huge shift.” Will Chloe and other familiar faces show up ? “It’s mostly Jack on his own, but he does network out to some of his old team,” Sutherland reveals. “And if I said more than that, someone more powerful than Jack Bauer will have my ass kicked.”

via TV Guide

I don't believe this synopsis for a second

Spoiler:
Nobody is more powerful than Jack Bauer.
Old 03-02-12, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Chuck Norris
Old 03-02-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

From the synopsis, sounds like they are keeping the wonky time issues the show always had.
Old 03-02-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Who will be the CTU mole this time? The cougar?
Old 03-02-12, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ninja Miguel.
Old 03-02-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
This is another one of those films that I'll believe is happening when the cameras are actually rolling. I only say that because I really want to see it, but things keep coming up that pushes shooting back...pretty soon the studio might just say it's not worth the trouble.
My concern right now is they haven't officially hired a director yet. If they want to start filming in late April or early May when Kiefer finishes shooting Touch, they have to hire someone ASAP. They have to scout locations in Europe, hire crew and cast everyone else not named Jack Bauer. They have a really short window to shoot this movie, especially if Touch gets a 2nd season.
Old 03-02-12, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And with such a short amount of time for pre-production, it might not be the best planned out movie.
Old 03-02-12, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, this show is still going? how much can they milk it
Old 03-02-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CloverClover
haha, this show is still going? how much can they milk it
I'm guessing your not a 24 fan. The TV series ended 2 years ago. This is discussion for the feature film that will supposedly start filming this year.
Old 03-02-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Who will be the CTU mole this time? The cougar?
Behrooz...he's still on the loose!
Old 03-02-12, 03:50 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Spoiler:

via TV Guide

Spoiler:
Bauer: First Blood Part 9

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.