Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-03-05, 08:07 AM   #1
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A Couple "Ocean's Twelve" Questions.

Just watched this DVD last night.. Pretty funny flick. Some confusing parts I have questions about.

1. When Bruce Willis goes up to "Julia Roberts" hotel room he asks her "How's Danny?" Now this is her actual (Tess) husband's name.. Is that a screwup or is there a Danny in Julia Roberts life too that we were supposed to know?

2. Who the heck is the kid on the train at the end with the "real" egg and how / why does he have it?

3. So if that kid had the real train and that french dude stole a fake, then Ocean's Twelve were just stealing another fake when they wen in with Tess?
Michael: When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I even heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five, five years old... couldn't even talk yet.

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 06-03-05, 08:28 AM   #2
wmansir
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1. Julia Robert's husband is Danial Moder, married 2002.

2. The kid was just an undercover courier for the museum/government or whoever was moving the egg. It is stated in the beginning that they often use decoys when transporting it. In this case they had a decoy go out in plain view while the real egg was quietly snuck out the side.

3. Yes. The real egg never made it to the museum. The Ocean's Twelve crew had it the whole time. They were tipped off to the kid on the train by LeMarc in order to set the frenchman up.

Now, can someone refresh my memory and explain why LeMarc put everyone thru all this? Was it just to reunite with his daughter, or am I forgetting something?
Old 06-03-05, 09:23 PM   #3
NatrlBornThrllr
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmansir
Now, can someone refresh my memory and explain why LeMarc put everyone thru all this? Was it just to reunite with his daughter, or am I forgetting something?
My guess is that he put them through it because Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts and company wanted a free trip to Europe and a paycheck. At least, that's the best explanation I can come up with for this film's plot..

-JP
Old 06-04-05, 12:53 AM   #4
fumanstan
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmansir
I was under the impression that LeMarc got involved when he realized it was his fault that Toulour was blackmailing Ocean's Eleven after he didn't contest the American boasting that the Benedict Job was the greatest heist that was ever done. This was what caused Toulour to notify Benedict of the whereabouts of Ocean's Eleven and begin the contest. In helping Ocean's group, LeMarc happened to reunite with his daughter.

But reading what you said, i'm not so sure anymore. Maybe finding about his daughter happened first? Hmph.

VG Round 1b | VG Round 7 | NFL