Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The 2005 Rank them as you see them thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The 2005 Rank them as you see them thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005-

Well, page 2 for Moi it looks like!
Old 12-25-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this year, i'm just gonna list my movies by how i felt about them in just a couple words, as opposed to stars and such.

----------

White Noise - not good, occasionally entertaining 01/08/05

The Life Aquatic - wow, interesting film, very enjoyable although not nearly as good as Andersons previous work 01/12/05

Sideways - fantastic film, destined to be one of my top picks for 2005 and it's only 12 days in!! great all around movie, a friend described it to me as "swingers with wine" and he wasn't too far off, but this was better than swingers for sure. 01/12/05

Hide and Seek - big let down, especially to see De Niro in a film like this is just painful. if you plan on seeing it, do yourself a favor and avoid the current trailer on the television. 01/29/05

Boogeyman - ummm..... this movie just sucked, start to finish. 02/13/05

The Jacket - haven't looked in on the reviews of this and what-not, but I found it very entertaining, and thought Brody and Knightly did excellent work in the spotlight on this one. I haven't seen anything like this piece, but haven't seen a movie like "the butterfly effect" and it's been compared to that. Either way, I left feeling I had seen a good flick and in comparison to the last two I've seen I felt great 03/05/05

The Ring 2 - i was a fan of the 1st film, and it was one of few films that really scared me at times. sadly every movie these days trys to be just like it, and well that sucks..... i digress. the sequel was decent, certainly servicable however i found it kinda dull and boring and certainly not scary. so overall i'd say it just wasn't what i was hoping for. 03/26/05

Sin City - ummmm... yeah well this movie fuckin' rocked. i haven't read the source material but sounds as though Rodriguez et. all were right on the money with it. liked everything about the film except for Brittany Murphy i guess. it had a great style, great visuals, great violence, and outstanding perfomances from Clive Owen and Del Toro. loved it 04/07/05

Last edited by db27; 04-07-05 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-25-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

January
(1/1/05) - Meet The Fockers: 7.5/10 - Better than I thought it was going to be. The previews I saw never looked very promising. It seemed to have a different feel than the last one, probably because the focus was on another 2 parents. Dustin & Barbra were suprisingly good... even though I didn't like the idea at first.
(1/2/05) - Garden State: 8/10 - A pretty good movie actually. It got a little cliche near the end, but most of it seemed pretty unique.
(1/3/05) - Dog Day Afternoon: 7/10 - Pacino was amazing, but maybe growing up watching "Airheads" made this not seem new to me. Pretty good script though.
(1/4/05) - Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle: 8/10 - This was suprisingly funnier than I thought it was going ot be. The two leads held the movie perfectly with plenty of wild cameos to keep it going.
(1/5/05) - Shaun Of The Dead: 8.5/10 - Funny, entertaining, and way better than the real one.
(1/5/05) - I Robot: 8/10 - Suprisingly good. I've always been a fan of the Fresh Prince, and he did very well here.
(1/6/05) - 12 Monkeys: 6/10 - Honestly, I thought it would be better. I think Gilliam is a great director, but it didn't work here for me. Pitt & Willis were great though and you can tell Pitt was trying to keep the movie going.
(1/12/05) - Traffic: 9/10 - It's hard to get into a movie that has so many stories going on at once, but I thought this one did it pretty well. All the actors were great, you couldn't ask for a better cast. I got a kick out of Foreman going for a serious role, which I thought he did very well in. The story was solid, and it had a powerful message at the end.
(1/12/05) - The Villiage: 4/10 - I probably shouldn't even give it a rating. At one point in the movie, I started skipping through to the interesting parts because I couldn't sit there much longer. I'll give M. Night props though, he knows how to direct a movie... but the writing here was terrible. He sure half-assed this one. Sith Sense was great, Unbreakable was awesome, and I LOVED Signs (which the two had a lot in common); but I was dissapointed with this. The story was bland, and I didn't feel like it was doing much, although the end was neat. Could've been the actors too, because I wasn't impressed with them. It looked great and even the 'creatures' looked really cool, but seriously, Shymalan, hire a writer next time or come up with something new.
(1/17/05) - The Aviator: 9/10 - Scorsese returns with this stunning biopic. Dicaprio does an amazing job playing the scorsese-ish ups&downs of Howard Hughes. Some bits were a bit questionable and un-explained, they're probably for the Hughes enthusiasts out there. Nothing too above & beyond, but very well done. I hope Marty gets his statue this year.
February
(2/2/05) - Seven Samurai: 9/10 - Awesome... awesome. Especially considering it's age. I can understand how some have said it was ground breaking back then.
(2/14/05) - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly: 8.5/10 - I think this is the first real Western I've ever watched. Don't know if it counts or not, but I loved it, little long... but great.
(2/16/05) - After Hours: 6/10 - I love Scorsese, but the movie to me couldn't help but feel dated. I appreciate how he can do something small in between the Goodfella's (etc...), but it wasn't much. I loved how it progressed and it had a great cast, but a little disappointing I suppose.
(2/15/05) - Ray: 7/10 - Pretty good... Jamie Fox was great, and most of the movie was well done, but I had a problem with the second half. IMO, it turned into too much of a drug movie... which may be accurate, but it took me out of the movie, personally.
(2/17/05) - The Big Kahuna: 8/10 - I suprisingly enjoyed this movie a lot. Spacey was great, and really steals the show... but DeVito and the other guy held their own as well. Lots of dialauge and character development made it really great.
(2/21/05) - Million Dollar Baby: 8.5/10 - Touching, entertaining, and almost beautiful really. It didn't grab be as much as I thought it would, but it was still pretty good. I enjoyed all the acting, cinematography, and the music as well.
(2/23/05) - Heat: 8/10 - A great thriller with an awesome cast. Pacino's performance was awesome, as well as everyone elses. Pretty damn good, but it had some slower moments that held the pace back at times.
(2/24/05) - Annie Hall: 6.5/10 - I think this is the first real Allen movie I've ever seen, I enjoyed it... but not as much as others.
(2/26/05) - Saw: 9/10 - Talk about a movie that grabs you by the balls! Damn. Reminded me a lot of Se7en and Usual Suspects.
March
(3/1/05) - The Color Of Money: 8.5/10 - Excellent directing, great acting, but I thought the story was lacking just a little. Still a great flick.
(3/8/05) - North By Northwest: 9/10 - Great flick. I've been meaning to see this one for awhile... I'm glad I did.
(3/12/05) - Alien: 9/10 - Finally saw it... loved it. Can't believe it's taken me this long to get through it.
(3/13/05) - The Hustler: 8/10 - Personally, I liked The Color Of Money better, but this is great too. Everyone was great, it had some slow parts, but a classic otherwise.
(3/14/05) - Roger & Me: 6/10 - I enjoyed F911, loved BFC... but this one wasn't as gripping as the others. Of course it's his first, and what he's doing is very admirable for the era and who he was at the time, but I just wasn't feeling it like his others.
(3/14/05) - SLC Punk!: 8/10 - Suprisingly great! It wasn't until close to the end that I started to feel for the characters, I felt like I was just listening to this loudmouth prick up until then. But it had a great deep meaning about the future and growing up... I didn't expect that at all, and it totally saved the movie.
(3/14/05) - The Last Waltz: 7.5/10 - Classic music... classic flick. I loved it. The DVD looks and sounds awesome too... but that's not technically the film... moving on.
(3/17/05) - Die Hard: 8.5/10 - The best one, in my opinion.
(3/21/05) - Die Harder:7.5/10 - Pretty cool, but not quite as classic as the first.
(3/24/05) - Die Hard With A Vengeance: 7.5/10 - Same as DH2... Samuel L was great though. But I wasn't digging the whole "Simon Says" thing. A pretty damn entertaining movie though.
April
(4/1/05) - The Godfather Pt. III: 7.5/10 - Not that bad at all really. Sure, it's far from a classic like the first two, but I think it can still stand on its own.
(4/2/05) - Sin City: 9/10 - Awesome. Fucking awesome.
(4/10/05) - The Birds: 6/10 - The first half was cool and eirie leading up to the bigger and bigger events, but it didn't pay off for me, or give reason to what was going on... I could've missed it.
(4/10/05) - Aliens: 9/10 - Better than the first, creepier than the first. Wild, balls-to-the-wall, acidgoo-splashing action.
(4/18/05) - I Heart Huckabees: 8.5/10 - I liked it a lot, and the movie, in a way, spoke to me in parts... so it did a lot for me.
(4/26/05) - Kotch: 8/10 - Of course, the only reason I saw it was because of the title and the name of the main character (Joseph Kotcher), but it actually wasn't too bad. Or maybe I was just getting a kick out of hearing my name on the screen every 5 minutes.
May
(5/1/05) - The Untouchables: 7.5/10 - Pretty good, but nothing too great.
(5/10/05) - Psyco: 9/10 - Wow, incredible. Now that I've finally seen it, the flick really sticks with you. Even though I already knew the story and the ending, it still worked for me.
(5/19/05) - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith: 9.5/10 - Hell of a way to end a saga... I loved it, every minute of it. I'm considering giving it a 10.
June
(6/8/05) - Rain Man: 8.5/10 - Hoffman was awesome, as was Cruise, but the movie seemed a little dated.
(6/13/05) - Being John Malcovich: 7/10 - Really weird but still good. Not as great as I was expecting though.
(6/14/05) - Batman Begins: 8/10 - I had a few beefs with this one, but overall it was pretty damn cool. I'd like to see it again because I wasn't exactly in the mood for it at the time.
(6/17/05) - Cinderella Man: 9/10 - Excellent! Great performances all around and an incredible job by Ron Howard. This flick had the best boxing I'd ever seen on film - even better than Raging Bull.
(6/18/05) - Bottle Rocket: 8/10 - Hilarious.
(6/20/05) - Batman Returns: 7/10 - Great cast, great talent, great story... but it didn't click as well as it used to.
(6/20/05) - A Few Good Men: 8.5/10 - Excellent.
(6/21/05) - Be Cool: 6/10 - Disappointing, but amusing.
(6/22/05) - Imagine: John Lennon: 7/10 - Nothing earth-shattering, but cool archive footage.
(6/23/05) - The Man Who Wasn't There: 8/10 - The more I watched and the more I thought about it, the more it got better and made sense. I didn't like it all too much at first, but it grew on me. Another great Coen Bros film.
(6/24/05) - Coach Carter: 7.5/10 - Even as a basketball coach, Samuel L is the baddest mother out there.
(6/27/05) - Cape Fear: 9/10 - Helluva performance by Bob and excellent job by Marty.
(6/28/05) - Hostage: 7/10 - Pretty good action flick. Although I had a hard time buying into the kid with the long hair and the ending didn't leave me the way that I would've liked it.
(6/30/05) - Close Encounters Of The Third Kind: 6.5/10 - Probably a lot better for it's time but it still holds up today. It's well put together and a great job by Spielberg, but I didn't get into it as much as I thought I would. I liked ET a lot alot and loved Taken... this one falls below both (and WotW now).
July
(7/01/05) - Citizen Kane: 7/10 - Good movie. Didn't think it was amazing as it's been praised. I liked it though. Great performance by Welles and the camera work was pretty interesting.
(7/05/05) - War Of The Worlds: 8/10 - Loved it. Some stuff I could've done without, but overall: a solid movie. Spielberg can do no wrong in my book.
(7/05/05) - Land Of The Dead: 7/10 - A fun movie. I loved the atmosphere - how people adapted to the worldwide infest. The cast was pretty solid but the story and development seemed a little weak.
(7/15/05) - Carlit's Way: 8.5/10 - Great movie. Loved it all except the ending where they bring back a character from the first half of the film. Seemed stupid, but in theory of the story it makes sense.
(7/18/05) - Wedding Crashers: 9/10 - Wow. Funniest movie of the year.
(7/22/05) - Outside Providence: 8/10 - Great flick. I dug it a lot.
(7/28/05) - What's Eating Gilbert Grape?: 7/10 - Not bad. Felt like a made-for-tv movie. Depp's character felt flat.
August
(8/1/05) - Hoop Dreams: 8/10 - Very impressive what they got on film and how it was put all together. Great doc.
(8/2/05) - Saving Private Ryan: 9/10 - Breathtaking. Amazing. I loved it.
(8/3/05) - A Beautiful Mind: 8/10 - Great performance by Crowe.
(8/6/06) - March Of The Penguins: 8/10 - Very interesting and entertaining. Loved it.
(8/19/05) - 40 Year Old Virgin: 7/10 - Funny, but not as funny as i'd hoped.
(8/20/05) - The Great Raid: 7.5/10 - Great story and well done.
(8/23/05) - Dead Poet's Society: 6/10 - Robin Williams was great. The rest was just: meh.
September
(9/1/05) - American Psycho: 6/10 - Cool movie... Bale was great.
(9/4/05) - The Aristocrats: 8.5/10 - Hilarious.
???
Jarhead: 9/10
King Kong : 9/10
Saw 2: 7/10
Kung Fu Hustle: 8/10
Crash: 8.5/10
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: 8/10
Kicking & Screaming (1995): 7/10
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels: 7/10
Rocky Horror Picture Show: 8/10
Melinda & Melinda: 7/10
Four Brothers: 8/10
Murderball: 8/10
Syriana: 7/10
Waiting: 7/10
The Ref: 6/10
Cop Land: 6/10
Mickey Blue Eyes: 6/10
Bad News Bears: 7/10
Bewitched: 6/10
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka: 6/10

Last edited by MasterCXtreme; 01-17-06 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-25-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Page 2 for me.

Are these just 2005 theatrical realeses? Since I dont go to the theater, my list my be a bit small (and none will be eligible until 6 or 7 months from now).

Stew
Old 01-01-05, 01:38 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
wow, you have to be fast to secure a decent slot in this thread.

I'm hoping to see Sideways before the week is out.
Old 01-01-05, 04:01 AM
Suspended

Placeholder

What the hell - I'll play this year.
Old 01-01-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm just going with theatrical releases, because there is no way I will ever remember all of the movies that I saw. It's only March and I already can't remember.

Be Cool - 6 out of 10

Last edited by movieking; 03-07-05 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-01-05, 08:36 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

saved
Old 01-01-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Crash - 5/7/2005
3-Iron - 4/17/2005
Sin City - 4/2/2005
Million Dollar Baby - 1/1/2005

Batman Begins - 6/16/2005
Howl's Moving Castle - 6/11/2005
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - 5/20/2005
Downfall - 3/23/2005
Les Choristes - 2/20/2005
Aviator - 1/22/2005

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events 1/2/2005
5x2 - 7/8/2005
Land of the Dead - 6/24/2005
Cinderella Man - 6/4/2005

The Interpreter - 4/27/2005
High Tension - 3/22/2005

War of the Worlds - 6/29/2005
Constantine - 2/20/2005

Unleashed - 5/13/2005

Boogeyman - 2/5/2005

Last edited by DVD Smurf; 07-12-05 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-01-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

January
Aviator: A-
White Noise: D
Meet the Fockers: C+
Hide and Seek: D

February:
Million Dollar Baby: A-
Constantine: C

March:
<none>

April:
Sin City: B+
Amittyville Horror: C

May:
Kingdom of Heaven: C
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: B
Star Wars-Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: A- (x2)

June:
Madagascar: C
Batman Begins: A-
High Tension: B
Land of the Dead: B+

July:
War of the Worlds: C+
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: B+
Devil's Rejects: A-
Fantastic Four: C

August:
March of the Penguins: A-

September:
Exorcism of Emily Rose: C+
Corpse Bride: B+

October:
History of Violence: B+
North Country: B+
SAW II: B

November:
Good Night, & Good Luck: A-
Walk the Line: B+
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire: B

December:
Chronciles of Narnia: B
King Kong: C+
Rumor Has It: C

2005 Totals:
# of film seen: 31 (1 seen twice; numbers down from '04 by 13)
Best Movie: Good Night, & Good Luck Runner-up: Devil's Rejects
Worst Movie: White Noise Runner-up: Hide and Seek
Underrated: North Country Runner-up: Devil's Rejects
Overrated: King Kong Runner-up: War of the Worlds

Last edited by Zodiac_Speaking; 01-03-06 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-01-05, 12:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

A

Crash
The Interpreter
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
Batman Begins
Red Eye
In Her Shoes
Elizabethtown
The Squid and the Whale
Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
Rent
Brokeback Mountain

A-

Assault On Precinct 13
Dear Frankie
Pooh's Heffalump Movie
High Tension
The Upside Of Anger
House Of Wax
Unleashed
It's All Gone Pete Tong
The Devil's Rejects
The League Of Ordinary Gentleman
Broken Flowers
The Beautiful Country
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Saint Ralph
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Pride & Prejudice
The Weather Man
Zathura
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The New World

B+

Sin City
Aliens Of The Deep (imax)
Steamboy
Turtles Can Fly
Duma
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Madagascar
Milwaukee, Minnesota
Wedding Crashers
The Longest Yard
Land Of The Dead
Dark Water
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Murderball
Paradise Now
Proof
Good Night, and Good Luck
A History of Violence
Dreamer
Capote
Seperate Lies
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
The Matador
The World's Fastest Indian
Match Point
Munich

B

Ice Princess
Ong-bak
Elektra
Mindhunters
The Ballad Of Jack And Rose
Oldboy
Imaginary Heroes
Sahara
Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
Nobody Knows
Born Into Brothels
Inside Deep Throat
Bear Cub
Short Cut To Nirvana
Millions
Be Cool
Fever Pitch
Cinderella Man
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Don't Move
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Torremolinos 73
Saving Face
The Man Who Copied
March of the Penguins
Must Love Dogs
Four Brothers
The Skeleton Key
Lord of War
Transporter 2
An Unfinished Life
Flightplan
MirrorMask
Memory of a Killer
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
Dear Wendy
Nine Lives
Bee Season
Forty Shades of Blue
Loggerheads
Memoirs of a Geisha

B-

Schultze Gets The Blues
Kung-fu Hustle
Palindromes
Deep Blue
My Summer Of Love
Brothers
5x2
The Edukators
Junebug
Ferpect Crime
The Talent Given Us
Shopgirl
The Dying Gaul
Mrs. Henderson Presents
Walk the Line
Just Friends
First Descent
Fun with Dick and Jane
Cheaper by the Dozen 2

C+

Constantine
Hostage
Dust To Glory
House Of D
Look At Me
Winter Solstice
3-iron
Rock School
King Of The Corner
The Holy Girl
Apres Vous
Grizzly Man
Corpse Bride
Asylum
The Legend of Zorro
Three...Extremes
Chicken Little
Derailed
Syriana
The Passenger
The Ringer
Rumor Has It

C

Coach Carter
Hitch
Up And Down
Gunner Palace
Downfall
Melinda And Melinda
The Jacket
Guess Who
In My Country
Walk On Water
Kicking And Screaming
Hustle & Flow
Rize
War Of The Worlds
Ladies In Lavender
Heights
The Great Raid
Yes
Sky High
Lila Says
The Thing About My Folks
Roll Bounce
Everything is Illuminated
Thumbsucker
Two for the Money
Innocent Voices
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
Ushpizin
Protocols of Zion

C-

Eros
Off The Map
Layer Cake
Mad Hot Ballroom
Bewitched
Ma Mere
Rebound
The Brothers Grimm
The Constant Gardener
Valiant
The Aristocrats
The Baxter
Serenity
North Country
Kids in America
The Ice Harvest
King Kong

D+

Because of Winn-dixie
Hide And Seek
King's Ransom
Diary of a Mad Black Woman
Robots
Kingdom of Heaven
Lords of Dogtown
Mysterious Skin
Happy Endings
Bad News Bears
The Chumscrubber
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Waiting
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Aeon Flux
Casanova

D

Malevolence
White Noise
Man Of The House
The Ring Two
Dot The I
Monster-in-Law
The Honeymooners
The Island
November
A Sound of Thunder
The Man
Prime
The Fog
Stay
Doom
Barely Legal
Where The Truth Lies
The Producers

D-

Racing Stripes
The Wedding Date
Bride & Prejudice
A Lot Like Love
Boogeyman
Son Of The Mask
The Pacifier
Miss Congeniality 2: Armed And Fabulous
The Amityville Horror
XXX: State Of The Union
The Adventures Of Shark Boy and Lava Girl
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Supercross
The Cave
Underclassman
Undiscovered
9 Songs
Cry_Wolf
Venom
HellBent
Saw II
Yours, Mine and Ours
Wolf Creek

F

Are We There Yet?
Alone In The Dark
Cursed
Fantastic Four
Undead
Last Days
Stealth
My Date With Drew
Into the Blue
Domino
Pretty Persuasion
In the Mix

Last edited by scott shelton; 12-22-05 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-01-05, 01:42 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
only saw 41 movies in 2004 in theaters lets hope 05 can bring 52+
Old 01-01-05, 01:46 PM

2005 releases...Out of four

Brokeback Mountain ****
King Kong ****
Munich ****
The Constant Gardener ****
Good Night, and Good Luck ****
Cinderella Man ****
Jarhead ****
Capote ****
Match Point ****
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith **** (5x)

A History of Violence ***1/2
North Country ***1/2
Broken Flowers ***1/2
Pride & Prejudice ***1/2
Walk the Line ***1/2
Batman Begins ***1/2 (2x)
Junebug ***1/2
Crash ***1/2
War of the Worlds ***1/2 (2x)
Sin City ***1/2
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ***1/2
The 40-Year-Old Virgin ***1/2
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit ***1/2
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ***1/2
Hustle & Flow ***1/2

The Producers ***
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Shopgirl ***
Mr. & Mrs. Smith ***
Lord of War ***
Fever Pitch ***
The Interpreter ***
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride ***
Melinda and Melinda ***
Elizabethtown ***
Domino ***
Thumbsucker ***
Proof ***
An Unfinished Life ***
Howl's Moving Castle ***
Me and You and Everyone We Know ***

Syriana **1/2
Memoirs of a Geisha **1/2
The Island **1/2
Wedding Crashers **1/2
Kingdom of Heaven **1/2
Layer Cake **1/2
Flightplan **1/2
Bewitched **1/2
Dark Water **1/2
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy **1/2
The Ring Two **1/2

Robots **
The Jacket **

2004 releases seen in 2005

Sideways **** (2nd viewing)
The Aviator **** (2nd viewing)
Million Dollar Baby **** (2x)
House of Flying Daggers ****
Hotel Rwanda ****

A Very Long Engagement ***1/2
In Good Company ***1/2

Last edited by bsktballDude1; 01-24-06 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-01-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NOT IN ORDER SEEN! Updated.

Elektra 7.5/10
The Ring Two 7.5/10
Hitch 8/10
Madagascar 6/10
Star Wars:Episode III 10/10 (4 Xs)
War of the Worlds 10/10 (2 Xs)
Mr. & Mrs. Smith 8.5/10
Sin City 8/10
Batman Begins 10/10 (3 Xs)
Fantastic Four 10/10
Bewitched 8.5/10
Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl in 3D -100/10
XXX:State of the Union 6/10
Longest Yard 8/10 (2 Xs)
Miss Congeniality 2 6.5/10
Herbie:Fully Loaded 6.5/10

Last edited by TNAJason; 07-09-05 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-01-05, 03:28 PM

Whoo hoo landed on page 2. This is my first year doing this, figure I might as well make a list after I saw over 60 movies in theatres this year! Happy movie watching everyone!

[B]MOVIES SEEN IN 2005[/B]
1.) The Aviator 4/5 Jan 2nd
2.) Spanglish 3/5 Jan 6th
3.) Coach Carter 4.5/5 Jan 18th
4.) In Good Company 3/5 Jan 18th
5.) Million Dollar Baby 3/5 Jan. 28th
6.) Sideways 2/5 Jan. 30th
7.) The Wedding Date 2/5 Feb 4th
8.) Hitch 2.5/5 Feb 11th
9.) Constantine 0/5 Feb 23rd
10.) Because of Winn Dixie 3/5 Feb 23rd
11.) Man Of the House 3/5 Feb 25th
12.) Lemony Snicket: A Series of Unfortunate Events 3/5 Feb 28th
13.) Incredbles (3rd time seeing in theatres) 9/10 Feb 28th
14.) Bride and Prejudice 4/5 March 3rd.
15.) Oceans 12 2.5/10 March 6th
16.) Assault on Priecent 13 3/5 March 6th
17.) Robots 2.5/5 March 11th
18.) Guess Who 3.5/5 March 26th
19.) Ms. Congeniality 2.5/5 March 31st
20.) Sin City 4/5 April 10th
21.) Fever Pitch 4.5/10 April 13th
22.) National Treasure (2nd time in theatres) 5/5 April 17th
23.) Are we there yet? 2/10 April 20th
24.) A lot like Love 3/5 April 22nd
25.) Sahara 3/5 April 24th
26.) Dear Frankie 4/5 April 28th
27.) Millions 3/5 April 30th
28.) XXX- State of the Union 2/5 May 2nd
29.) Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 2/5 May 9th
30.) Crash 4.5/5 May 10th
31.) Kicking and Screaming 2.5/5 May 13th
32.) Cinderella Man 4.5/5 May 29th
33.) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 4/5 June 1st
34.) Madagascar 2.5/5 June 5th
35.) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2X June 6th
36.) Mr. and Mrs. Smith 4/5 June 10th
37.) Ladies in Lavender 3/5 June 11th
38.) Batman Begins 2.5/5 June 15th
39.) The Longest Yard 4/5 June 22nd
40.) Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith 4.5/5 July 1st
41.) Herbie: Fully Loaded 2/5 July 5th
42.) Wedding Crashers 2.5/5 July 20th
43.) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 1/5 July 22nd
44.) The Island 3.5/5 July 24th
45.) Must Love Dogs 4/5 August 6th
46.) Must Love Dogs 2X August 8th
47.) Dukes Of Hazzard 2/5 August 11th
48.) The 40 Year Old Virgin 2/5 August 21st
49.) Valliant 2/5 August 24th
50.) Brothers Grimm 0/5 August 26th (first movie I ever walked out of)
51.) Transporter 2 4/5 Sept 2nd
52.) Red Eye 4/5 September 5th
53.) Just Like Heaven 4/5 September 18th
54.) Flightplan 4.5/5 September 27th
55.) Corpse Bride 3.5/5 October 7th
56.) Wallace and Grommit: Curse of the Were Rabbit 4.5/5 October 15th
57.) Elizabethtown 3/5 October 21st
58.) Prime 4/5 October 28th
59.) North Country 3/5 October 30th
60.) Shopgirl 3.5/5 November 10th
61.) Zathura 3/5 November 12th
62.) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 4/5 November 18th
63.) Walk the Line 3/5 November 20th
64.) Rent 1/5 November 28th
65.) The Ice Harvest 2.5/5 December 3rd
66.) Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe 5/5
67.) King Kong 3/5 December 18th
68.) The Family Stone 4/5 December 27th
69.) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2X December 30th
70.) The Ringer 3/5 December 30th

DVDS SEEN IN 2005

Jan
L word complete series 3.5/5
Without a Paddle 2/5
King Arthur 0/5
Catwoman 2/5
Wicker Park 2/5
Feb
Sky Captain 1/5
Mr. 3000 3/5
Harold And Kumar Go to Whitecastle 2/5
Hero 0/10
Lion King 1/2 3/5
Lion King 2 2/5
March
Hackers 1/5
Original Sin 2.5/5
I Heart Huckabees 0/5
First Daughter 2/5
April
Closer 0/5
House of Sand and Fog 2.5/5
Shaolin Soccer 3/5
Iron Giant 3.5/5
Queer as Folk: Season 4 4/5
Rules of Attraction 1/5
Hotel Rawanda 4/5
May
Taxi 1/5
Changing Lanes 2/5
Star Wars: A New Hope 4/5
Meet the Fockers 3/5
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 4/5
Racing Stripes 2/5
Whats Eating Gilbert Grape? 3/5
K-Pax 2/5
Indiana Jones: Last Crusade 4.5/5
Garfield: The Movie 2/5
Fast Times At Ridgemount High 3.5/5
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark 4/5
After the Sunset 3/5
21 Grams 3/5
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 3.5/5
Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom 3/5
Sum of All Fears 3/5
June
Rory O' Shea was here 4/5
Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace 3.5/5
Star Wars: Episode 2 Attack of the Clones 3.5/5
Dogtown and Z- Boys 4/5
July
The Saint 3/5
August
High Art 3.5/5
Once Upon A Time In Mexico 4/5
Ray 4.5/5
Rocky 1/5
Beetlejuice 2.5/5
Cold Mountain 3.5/5
Motorcycle Diaries 3.5/5
September
The Pacifier 2.5/5
Arrested Development Season 1 3/5
One True Thing 2/5
October
NONE
November
Shattered Glass 3/5
December
Murderball 5/5 (really hit home for me cuz i'm in a chair)
Six Feet Under Complete 3rd Season 4/5
Sleeping Beauty 3/5
Chris Rock: Never Scared 2/5
The Pagemaster 3/5
Monster in Law 2/5
The Thomas Crowne Affair 3/5
Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior 3/5
Four Brothers 3/5

Last edited by Libby; 12-31-05 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-01-05, 09:53 PM

Only what I've seen in theaters.
Million Dollar Baby
Sideways
****1/2
Ray
Star Wars Episode III
***1/2
Waiting
Wedding Crashers
**1/2

Oct 18 - I sure don't get to the theaters much, I might start including what I watch at home.

Last edited by quackers; 10-18-05 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-01-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
1 Sin City
2 Crash
3 The Constant Gardener
4 Walk On Water
5 Downfall
6 The Merchant of Venice
7 The Aristocrats
8 Millions
9 Nobody Knows
10 Broken Flowers

Last edited by Damfino; 09-29-05 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-02-05, 07:49 AM

2005 Film List

Placeholder.
Old 01-03-05, 08:30 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 Film List

**** Excellent
*** Very Good/Good
** of Interest
* Mediocre
X Poor

2005: 136
2004: 133
Pre-2004: 205
Short Films: 201

- 930 F Street / USA / Tarik Dahir ***
- 40 Year Old Virgin, The / USA / Judd Apatow ***
- Accidents / Italy / Popovic, Ramon Alos Sanchez, Toni Trupia *** MVFF
- Antarctic Journal (Namgeuk-ilgi) / South Korea / Pil-Sung Yim *** video
- Aristocrats, The / USA / Paul Provenza ***
- Assault on Precinct 13 / USA / Jean-François Richet *
- Asylum / UK / David Mackenzie ***
- Bad News Bears, The / USA / Richard Linklater *
- Batman Begins/ US-UK / Christopher Nolan ***
- ]Baxter, The[/b] / USA / Michael Showalter** video
- Beat That My Heart Skipped, The (De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté) / 2005 / France / Jacques Audiard ***
- Bee Season / USA / Scott McGehee + David Siegel *** VFF
- Boy Who Wanted To Be A Bear, The (Drengen der ville gøre det umulige) / 2005: English Production – OCD: 2002 / French-Danish / Jannik Hastrup / English Dub *** video
- Breakfast on Pluto / UK / Neil Jordan ***
- Brick / USA / Rian Johnson * MVFF
- Brokeback Mountain / USA / Ang Lee ****
- Broken Flowers / USA-France / Jim Jarmusch ***
- Brothers Grimm, The / Czech Republic-USA / Terry Gilliam ***
- Capote / USA / Bennett Miller ****
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / USA-UK / Tim Burton **** IMAX
- Chicken Little / USA / Mark Dindal ** Disney Digital 3D
- Children of Beslan / USA-UK / Ewa Ewart-Leslie Woodhead; **** video
- Chocolate / USA / Mick Garris * video
- Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe / USA / Andrew Adamson ***
- Cinderella Man/ USA / Ron Howard ***
- Comedians of Comedy, The / USA / Michael Blieden *** video
- Constant Gardener, The / USA-UK / Fernando Meirelles***
- Constantine/ USA / Francis Lawrence X
- Cursed / USA / Wes Craven X
- Dark Water / USA / Walter Salles **
- Deer Woman / USA / John Landis *** video
- Devil’s Reject, The / USA / Rob Zombie ***
- Dreams in the Witch-House / USA / Stuart Gordon *
- Double Dare / USA / Amanda Micheli *** video
- Dying Gaul, The / USA / Craig Lucas ***
- Elizabethtown / USA / Cameron Crowe X
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room / USA / Alex Gibney ***
- Everlasting Regert (Changhen ge) / Hong Kong / Stanley Kwan *** video
- Exorcism of Emily Rose, The / USA / Scott Derrickson *
- Faith of My Fathers / USA / Peter Markle * video
- Family Stone, The / USA / Thomas Bezucha X
- Fantastic Four / USA / Tim Story *
- Fateless (Sorstalanság) / Hungary-UK / Lajos Koltai / 140min ****
- Fever Pitch / USA / Bobby Farrelly-Peter Farrelly **
- Flightplan / USA / Robert Schwentke ***
- Four Brothers / USA / John Singleton X
- Frank Miller's Sin City / USA / Rodriquez – Miller- Tarantino *** DLP
- Greatest Game Ever Played, The / USA / Bill Paxton ****
- Grizzly Man/ US / Werner Herzog **** SilD
- Guess Who / USA / Kevin Rodney Sullivan *
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire / USA / Mike Newell*** IMAX
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, The / USA-UKA / Garth Jennings ***
- History of Violence, A / USA / David Cronenberg ***
- Homecoming / USA / Joe Dante ** video
- House of Fury (Jing mo gaa ting) / Hong Kong / Stephen Fung * video
- House of Wax / USA / Jaume Collet-Serra ***
- Howl’s Moving Castle / US Copyright Date: 2005 - Japan: 2004 / Japan / Hayao Miyazaki / English Dub***
- Hustle & Flow / USA/ Craig Brewer ***
- Ice Harvest, The / USA / Harold Ramis ** VFF
- Ice Princess / USA / Tim Fywell *
- Incident on and Off A Mountain Road / USA / Don Coscarelli***
- In Her Shoes / USA / Curtis Hanson ****
- Island, The / USA / Michael Bay * DLP
- Jarhead / USA / Sam Mendes ***
- Jenifer / USA / Dario Argento ** video
- Just Like Heaven / USA / Mark Waters ***
- Kingdom of Heaven / USA-Spain-UK / Ridley Scott **
- King Kong / USA / Peter Jackson ****
- Inside Deep Throat / USA / Fenton Bailey-Randy Barbato ***
- Interpreter, The / USA / Sydney Pollack ***
- Land of the Dead / USA / George Romero ***
- Let the Church Say Amen / (2003) / USA / David Petersen ** video
- Live and Become (Va, vis et deviens) / Israel-French / Radu Mihaileanu *** JFF
- Madagascar / USA / Eric Darnell - Tom McGrath * DLP
- Mad Hot Ballroom / USA / Marilyn Agrelo ****
- Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon / USA / Mark Cowen ** IMAX 3D
- Manderlay / Denmark-USA / Lars Von Trier **** VFF
- March of the Penguins / France-USA / Luc Jacquet ***
- Me and You and Everyone We Know / USA / Miranda July **
- Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream/ Canada / Stuart Samuels **** SilD
- Milk Can, The / USA / Matt Kresling **** MVFF
- MirrorMask / UK-USA / Dave McKean ****
- Mr & Mrs Smith / USA / Doug Liman ***
- Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont / UK-USA / Dan Ireland *** VFF
- Munich / USA / Steven Spielberg ****
- Murderball / USA / Henry Alex Rubin-Dana Adam Shapiro ***
- Muppet’s Wizard of Oz, The / USA / Kirk R. Thatcher * video
- Must Love Dogs / USA / Gary David Goldberg X
- My Best Enemy: Patagonia 1978 (Mi mejor enemigo) / Chile / Alex Bowen *** LA
- Myth, The (San wa) / Hong Kong / Stanley Tong ** video
- North Country / USA / Niki Caro ***
- Off the Map / (2003) / USA / Campbell Scott ***
- One Missed Call 2 / Japan / Renpei Tsukamoto * video
- Paradise Now / Israel-France / Hany Abu-Assad ***
- Pride & Prejudice / UK / Joe Wright **
- Prime / USA / Ben Younger **
- The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio / USA / Jane Anderson ***
- Red Eye / USA / Wes Craven***
- Red Eye (Redeu-ai) / South Korea / Dong-bin Kim** video
- Rent / USA / Chris Columbus ***
- Ring Two, The / USA / Hideo Nakata / 128min version X video
- Robots / USA / Chris Wedge -Carlos Saldanha ** IMAX
- Rosita/ USA / Barbara Attie, Janet Goldwater **** SilD
- Same Sex America / USA / Henry Corra ** video
- Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic / USA / Liam Lynch ***
- Saw II / USA / Darren Lynn Bousman **
- Serenity / USA / Joss Whedon ** video
- Seven Swords, The (Qi jian) / South Korea-Hong Kong / Hark Tsui *** video
- Sky High / USA / Mike Mitchell ***
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The / USA / Ken Kwapis **
- Squid and the Whale, The / USA / Noah Baumbach ****
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith / USA / George Lucas ** DLP
- Stealth / USA / Rob Cohen X
- Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride / UK / Tim Burton-Mike Johnson ***
- Tom Yum-Goong / Thailand / Prachya Pinkaew *** video
- Tony Takitani / Japan / Jun Ichikawa ****
- Tristam Shanby: A Cock and Bull Story / UK / Michael Winterbottom **** MVFF
- Unleashed / France-UK / Louis Leterrier / 102min version *** video
- The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till / USA / Keith Beauchamp,Kevin A. Beauchamp *** VFF
- Valiant / UK / Gary Chapman **
- Walk the Line / USA / James Mangold ***
- Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-rabbit / UK / Nick Park – Steve Box ****
- Warm Springs / USA / Joseph Sargent *** video
- War of the Worlds / USA / Steven Spieberg **
- Wayward Cloud, The / Taiwan-France / Ming-liang Tsai **** video
- Wedding Crashers / USA / David Dobkin X
- Wild Safari: A South African Adventure / Belgium / Ben Stassen *** IMAX 3D
- Zathura: A Space Odyssey / USA / Jon Favreau ***

- 3-Iron (Bin-jip) / Korea / Ki-duk Kim **** video
- 5x2 (Cinq fois deux) / France / François Ozon *** video
- 9 Songs / 2004 / UK / Michael Winterbottom ***
- 13th District (Banlieue 13) / France / Pierre Morel *** video
- Ab-Normal Beauty (Sei mong se jun) / Hong Kong - China / Oxide Pang Chun ** video
- A Cinderella Story / USA / Mark Rosman * video
- A Fond Kiss… / UK / Ken Loach **** video
- A World Without Thieves (Tian xia wu zei) / Hong Kong / Xiaogang Feng **** video
- Agata and the Storm (Agata e la Tempesta) / 2004 / Italy / Silvio Soldini *** video
- Aliens of the Deep / USA / James Cameron / 97min version *** video
- Antares / Austria / Götz Spielmann *** video
- Appleseed (Appurushîdo) / Japan / Shinji Aramaki / Japanese language *** video
- Arahan (Arahan jangpung daejakjeon) / South Korea / Seung-wan Ryoo ** 35mm
- Atomik Circus – The Return of James Bataille / France-Germany-UK / Didier Poiraud-Thierry Poiraud *** video
- Beautiful Country, The / USA-Norway / Hans Petter Moland **
- Because of Winn-Dixie / USA / Wayne Wang *
- Brothers (Brødre) / Denmark / Susanne Bier ****
- Campfire (Medurat Hashevet) / Israel / Joseph Cedar**** JFF
- Casshern / Japan /Kazuaki Kiriya * video
- Chorus, The (Choristes, Les) / France / Christophe Barratier **
- Clean / France-UK-Canada / Olivier Assayas / 110min ** video
- Crash / USA / Paul Haggis **
- Darwin’s Nightmare/ Belgium-France-Austria / Hubert Sauper *** SilD
- Dead Birds / USA / Alex Turner ** video
- Dear Frankie / UK / Shona Auerbach X
- Dirty War / UK / Daniel Percival ** video
- Downfall (Der Untergang) / Germany / Oliver Hirschbiegel ****
- DragonBlade / Hong Kong / Antony Szeto *** 35mm HK
- Edukators, The (Fetten Jahre sind vorbei, Die) / Germany-Austria / Hans Weingartner ***
- Enduring Love / UK / Roger Michell *** video
- Ferpect Crime, The (Crimen ferpecto) / Spain-Italy / Álex de la Iglesia ***
- Fight, The / USA / (Documentary) / Barak Goodman **** video*
- Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag / USA / Stephen Low **** IMAX
- First Daughter, The / USA / Forest Whitaker X video
- Garuda / Thailand / Monthon Arayangkoon * video
- Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed / Canada / Brett Sullivan *** video
- Girl From Monday, The / USA / Hal Hartley *** video
- Godzilla: Final Wars / Japan-Australia-USA-China / Ryuhei Kitamura ** video
- Go For Zucker! (An Unorthodox Comedy) / Germany / Dani Levy *** JFF
- Green Hat, The (Lu mao zi) / China / Fendou Liu **DCFF
- Guerilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst / USA / Robert Stone ** video
- Gunner Palace / USA / Petra Epperlein -Michael Tucker **
- Gus Van Sant’s Last Days / USA / Gus Van Sant X
- Halfway House, The / USA / unrated version / Kenneth J. Hall *video
- Hana & Alice / Japan / Shunji Iwai ***video
- Happy Endings / USA / Don Roos **
- Hardcore / Greece / Dennis Iliadis ** video
- Hawaii, Oslo / Norway / Erik Poppe ***DCFF
- Heights / USA / Chris Terrio ***
- Henri Langlois: The Phantom of the Cinémathèque / France / 210min version / Jacques Richard **
- Hidden Blade, The (Kakushi-ken: oni no tsume) / Japan / Yôji Yamada **** video
- Holy Girl, The (Niña santa, La) / Argentina / Lucrecia Martel ***
- Hotel Rwanda / UK-Italy-South Africa / Terry George **
- In Good Company / USA / Paul Weitz ***
- Innocence / France / Lucile Hadzihalilovic ****
- Innocent Voices (Voces inocentes) / Mexico / Luis Mandoki ***
- Intrus, L' (The Intruder) / 2004 / France / Claire Denis *** video
- It's All Gone Pete Tong / UK-Canada / Michael Dowse **video
- Junebug / USA / Phil Morrison ***
- Keane / USA / Lodge H. Kerrigan ****
- Kekexili: Mountain Patrol / Hong Kong / Chuan Lu *** video
- Kings and Queen (Rois et reine) / France / Arnaud Desplechin ****DCFF
- Kung Fu Hustle (Gong Fu) / China-Hong Kong / Stephen Chow *** video
- Ladies in Lavender / UK / Charles Dance **
- Land Has Eyes, The (Pear ta ma 'on maf ) / USA-Fiji / Vilsoni Hereniko *** video*
- Last Mitterand, The (Promeneur du champ de Mars, Le) France / Robert Guédiguian ** JFF
- Layer Cake / UK / Matthew Vaughn ** video
- Life and Death of Peter Sellers, The / USA-UK/ Stephen Hopkins ** video
- Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou, The / USA / Wes Anderson **
- Lila Says (Lila dit ça) / France-UK / Ziad Doueiri / R-rated version *** video
- Lipstick & Dynamite, Piss & Vinegar: The First Ladies of Wrestling / USA / Ruth Leitman *** video
- Look At Me (Comme une image) / France / Agnès Jaoui ***
- Machuca / Chile / Andrés Wood ****
- Ma mère / France / Christophe Honoré * video
- Meet the Fockers / USA / Jay Roach *
- Memory of a Killer, The (Zaak Alzheimer, De) / Belgium / Erik Van Looy ***
- Melinda and Melinda / USA / Woody Allen ***
- Million Dollar Baby / USA / Clint Eastwood **
- Millions / UK / Danny Boyle ***
- Mindhunters / USA-UK / Renny Harlin **video
- Mondovino / Argentina-France-Italy-USA / Jonathan Nossiter ***
- Mysterious Skin / USA-Netherlands / Gregg Araki *** video
- My Summer of Love / UK / Pawel Pawlikowski *** video
- My Tiny Universe / USA / Glen Scantlebury, Lucy Phillips ** MVFF
- Naked Fame / USA / Christopher K. Long * video
- Night Watch / Russia / dir. Timur Bekmambetov ***video
- Nine Lives / USA / Rodrigo García *** VFF
- Ninth Day, The (Neunte Tag, Der) / Germany / Volker Schlöndorff **
- Nomi Song, The / Germany / Andrew Horn **** video
- Olga / Brazil / Jayme Monjardim *** LA
- One Nite in Mongkok (Wong gok hak yau) / Hong-Kong-China / Tung-Shing Yee ***video
- Other Side of the Street, The (Outro Lado da Rua, O) / Brazil / Marcos Bernstein ****
- Palindromes / USA / Todd Solondz ***
- Peacock (Konque) / China / Gu Changwei ***DCFF
- Pretty Things / USA / Liz Goldwyn ** video
- Proof / UK-USA / John Madden **
- Pulled From the Rubble/ UK / Margaret Loescher ** SilD
- Rory O’Shea Was Here / UK-Ireland / Damien O'Donnell ***video
- R-Point / South Korea / Su-chang Kong ***video
- Samaritan Girl / Korea / Kim Ki-duk *** 35mm
- Saving Face / USA / Alice Wu *** video
- Schiza (Shizo) / Kazakhstan / Gulshat Omarova ***
- Shape of the Moon/ Netherlands / Leonard Retel Helmrich *** SilD
- Spider Forest / South Korea / Il-gon Song *** video
- Steamboy / Japan / 126min / English Dub / Katsuhiro Ôtomo *** video
- Straight-Jacket / USA / Richard Day ** video
- Syrian Bride, The / Israel-Germany-France / Eran Riklis ****DCFF
- Tell Them Who You Are / USA / Mark Wexler ***
- Thing About My Folks, The / USA / Raymond De Felitta *
- Three... Extremes / Fruit Chan, Chan-wook Park, Takashi Miike **** /
- Throw Down (Yau doh lung fu bong) / Hong Kong-China / Johnny To * video
- Tropical Malady (Sud pralad) / Thailand / Apichatpong Weerasethakul **** video
- Tuner, The (Nastroyshchik) / Russia / Kira Muratova ***
- Tunnel, The / (2001) / Germany / Roland Suso Richter ***
- Turtles Can Fly (Lakposhtha hâm parvaz mikonand) / Iran-France / Bahman Ghobadi ***
- Twist of Faith / US / Kirby Dick *** AAN
- Up and Down (Horem pádem) / 2004 / Czech Republic / Jan Hrebejk ***
- Upside of Anger, The / USA-UK / Mike Binder **
- Waiting… / USA / Rob McKittrick X
- Walk on Water / Israel / Eytan Fox ***
- Watermarks / France-Israel-USA / Yaron Zilberman *** video
- Whiskey / Uruguay / Pablo Stoll -Juan Pablo Rebella **** LA
- Who Put the M in Manchester / UK / Bucky Fukumoto - Linder Sterling ** DLP
- Wilby Wonderful / Canada / Daniel MacIvorl ** video
- William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice/ USA-Italy-Luxembourg-UK / Michael Radford***
- Win a Date with Tad Hamilton / USA / Robert Luketic X
- With All Deliberate Speed / USA / 36 minutes / Liz Garbus ** video
- World, The (Shijie) / China / Zhang Ke Jia ****DCFF
- Yes / UK-USA / Sally Potter***
- Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession / USA / Alexandra Cassavetes **** video

Pre-2004

- 9 Dead Gay Guys/ 2002 / UK / Lab Ky Mo *** video
- 16 Years of Alcohol/ 2003 / UK / Richard Jobson ** video
- 99 Women / 1969 / 90min / Spain / Jesus Franco **video
- Adventures of Iron P***y. The (Hua jai tor ra nong) / 2003 / Thailand / Michael Shaowanasai -Apichatpong Weerasethakul ** video
- A Foreign Affair / 1948 / USA / Billy Wilder **** 35mm
- Agitator (Araburu tamashii-tachi) / 2001 / Japan / 150min / Takashi Mîke ** video
- A.K. / 1985 / France-Japan / Chris Marker **** video
- Amercian Astronaut, The / 2001 / USA / Cory McAbee *** video
- Anatomy of Hell (Anatomie de l'enfer) / 2003 / France / 77min / Catherine Breillat * video
- André Kertész of the Cities / 1985 / 52min / Teri Wehn Damisch *** video*
- A Separate Peace / 2002 / Canada / Peter Yates ** video
- Atalante, L’ / 1931 / France / Jean Vigo **** 35mm
- A Touch of Spice (Politiki kouzina) / 2003 / Greece-Turkey / Tassos Boulmetis*** video
- Ashes of Time (Dung che sai duk) / 1994 / Hong Kong - China / Wong Kar Wai *** 35mm
- Assisted Living / 2003 / USA / Elliot Greenebaum *
- As Tears Go By (Wong gok ka moon) / 1988 / Hong Kong-China / Wong Kar Wai **** 35mm
- Attack of the Crab Monsters / 1957 / USA / Roger Corman *** video
- Bad Guy (Nabbeun namja) / 2001 / South Korea / Ki-duk Kim ** video
- Bad Seed, The / 1956 / USA / Mervyn LeRoy *** video
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress / 2002 / China / Sijie Dai ***
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity (Jingi naki tatakai) / 1973 / Japan / Kinji Fukasaku **** video
- Bear, The (L’Ours) / 1988 / France-USA / Jean-Jacques Annaud **** 35mm
- Bell Book and Candle / 1958 / USA / Richard Quine *** video
- Bestia in calore, La (The Beast in Heat)/aka SS Hell Camp) / 1977 / Italy / Luigi Batzella / English Dub * video
- Best in Youth, The (Meglio gioventù, La) / 2003 / Italy / Marco Tullio Giordana ****
- Beast, The (Bete, La) / 1975 / France / 98min / Walerian Borowczyk * video
- Beyond the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens / 1979 / USA / Russ Meyer *** video
- Big Red One, The / 1980-2004 / USA / 158min / Samuel Fuller *** 35mm
- Black and White / 2002 / Australia-UK / Craig Lahiff *** 35mm AUS
- Blissfully Yours (Sud sanaeha) / 2002 / Thailand / Apichatpong Weerasethakul *** video
- Bloody Moon / 1981 / West Germany / Jess Franco ** video
- Boy's Night Out / 1962 / USA / Michael Gordon ** video
- Brain Eaters, The / 1958 / USA / Bruno Vesota * video
- Butcher Boy, The / 1997 / Ireland / Neil Jordan **** video
- Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The / 1919 / Germany / Robert Wiene (2002 Kino DVD edition) **** video
- Café Lumière (Kôhî jikô) / 2003 / Japan / Hsiao-hsien Hou *** video
- Card Player, The / 2003 / Italy / Dario Argento * video
- Carnival of Souls / 1962 / USA / Herk Harvey / 84min **** video
- Caterina and the Big City (Caterina va in città) / 2003 / Italy / Paolo Virzì ** 35mm
- Children of the Damned / 1963 / USA-UK / Anton Leader **** video
- Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things / 1972 / USA / Bob Clark ** video
- China: The Panda Adventure / USA / Scott Firestone-Robert M. Young ** video
- Chung King Express (Chong qing sen lin) / 1994 / Hong Kong / Wong Kar Wai **** 35mm
- Ciénaga, La / 2001 / Lucrecia Martel **** 35mm
- Circus, The / 1928 / USA / Charles Chaplin **** video*
- Coal Miner’s Daughter/ 1980 / USA / Michael Apted *** video
- Cowards Bend the Knee / 2003 / Canada / Guy Maddin **** video
- Cowboys & Angels / 2003 / Ireland-German-UK / David Gleeson * video
- Creature from the Haunted Sea / 1961 / USA / Roger Corman * video
- Cry-Baby / 1990 / USA / 91min version / John Waters *** video
- Curse of the Cat People, The / 1944 / USA / Robert Wise-Gunther von Fritsch *** video
- Dallas 362 / 2002 / USA / Scott Caan** video
- Dead Man / 1995 / USA / Jim Jarmusch **** 35mm
- Dead Next Door, The / 1988-2005 / USA / J.R. Bookwalter *** video
- Death in Venice (Morte a Venezia) / 1971 / Italy-France / Luchino Visconti **** 35mm
- Dellamorte Dellamore / 1994 / Italy-France-Germany / Michele Soavi *** video
- Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, The / 1972 / France-Italy-Spain / Luis Buñuel **** 35mm
- Dolls / 2002 / Japan / Takeshi Kitano * 35mm
- Donkey Skin (Peau d'âne) / 1970 / France / Jacques Demy *** 35mm
- Early Spring (Soshun) / 1956 / Japan / Yasujiro Ozu **** video
- Eaten Alive! (Mangiati vivi) / 1980 / Italy / Umberto Lenzi * video
- Eating Raoul / 1982 / USA / Paul Bartel *** video
- Eight Diagram Pole Fighter (Wu lang ba gua gun) / 1983 / Hong Kong - China / Chia-Liang Liu **** video
- Elevator to the Gallows(Ascenseur pour l'échafaud) / France / Louis Malle **** 35mm
- Emanuelle in America / 1977 / Italy / Joe D'Amato *** video
- Entrails of A Virgin (Shojo no harawata) / 1986 / Japan / Kazuo 'Gaira' Komizu * video
- Exterminating Angel, The (Ángel exterminador, El) / 1962 / Mexico / Luis Buñuel **** video
- Fallen Angels (Duo luo tian shi) / 1995 / Hong Kong-China / Wong Kar Wai **** video
- Fanny / 1932 / France / Marcel Pagnol ****35mm
- Fear and Trembling (Stupeur et tremblements) / 2003 / France-Japan / Alain Corneau ***
- Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice, The (Ochazuke no aji) / 1952 / Japan / Yasujiro Ozu **** video
- Flower of the My Secret, The (Flor de mi secreto, La) / 1995 / Spain-France / Pedro Almodovar ** 35mm
- Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake, The / 1959 / USA / Edward L Cahn *** video
- Franck Spadone / 1999 / France / Richard Bean * video
- Funny Ha Ha / 2003 / USA / Andrew Bujalski *** 35mm
- Galaxy Express 999 (Ginga tetsudô Three-Nine) / 1979 / Japan / Animation / Rintaro **** video
- Genuine: The Tale of A Vampire / 1920 / Robert Wiene * video
- Ghastly Ones, The / 1968 / USA / Andy Milligan ** video
- Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai / 1999 / USA / Jim Jarmusch **** 35mm
- Ghosthouse / 1988 / US-Italy / Umberto Lenzi (credited as Humphrey Humbert) * video
- Godspell / 1973 / USA / David Greene *** video
- Golem, The / 1920 / Germany / Paul Wegener-Carl Boese (2002 Kino DVD edition) **** video
- Goodbye Charlie Bright / 2000 / UK / Nick Love * video
- Good Morning, Night (Buongiorno, Notte) / 2003 / Italy / Marco Bellocchio ** video
- Goshu: The Cellist / 1982 / Japan / Isao Takahata *** video
- Gospel According to St. Matthew, The (Il Vangelo secondo Matteo) / 1964 / Italy / Pier Paolo Pasolini **** video
- Grand Hotel / 1932 / USA / Edmund Goulding *** video
- Hills Have Eyes, The / 1977 / USA / Wes Craven *** video
- Histoire de Marie et Julien / 2003 / France / Jacques Rivette ** video
- House on the Edge of the Park / / 1980 / Italy / Ruggero Deodato** video
- House That Dripped Blood, The / 1970 / UK / Peter Duffell *** video
- Images in a Convent / 1979 / Italy / Joe D'Amato * video
- L’Inferno / 1911 / Italy / Francesco Bertolini - Adolfo Padovan ** video
- In the Company of Men / 1997 / USA / Neil LaBute *** video
- In the Realms of the Unreal / 2003 / USA / Jessica Yu ***
- Intimate Stories (Historias mínimas) / 2002 / Argentina – Spain / Carlos Sorin ****
- Intruder/ 1989 / USA / complete unrated version / Scott Spiegel ** video
- Jesus Christ Superstar / 2000 / UK / Gale Edwards - Nick Morris ** video
- Jungle Holocaust (Ultimo mondo cannibale) / 1977 / Italy / Ruggero Deodato *** video
- Kes / 1969 / UK / Ken Loach **** video
- Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy / 1996 / Canada-US / Kelly Makin ** video
- Killer (Tueur à gages) / 1998 / Kazakhstan – France / Darezhan Omirbayev * video
- Killing, The/ 1956 / USA / Stanley Kubrick **** video
- King: A Filmed Record… Montgomery to Memphis / 1970 / USA / Lumet-Mankiewicz **** 35mm
- King and I, The / 1956 / USA / Walter Lang **** video
- Leopard, The (Gattopardo, Il) / 1963 / Italy-France / 185min / Luchino Visconti **** 35mm
- Line King, The: The Al Hirschfeld Story / 1996 / USA / Susan Warms Dryfoos **** Video
- Live Flesh (Carne trémula) / 1997 / France-Spain / Pedro Almodóvar *** 35mm
- Living Dead Girl, The (Morte vivante, La) / 1982 / France / Jean Rollin *** video
- Living Hell / 2000 / Japan / Shugo Fujii ** video
- Lolita/ 1962 / USA-UK / Stanley Kubrick *** video
- Looking for Alibrandi / 1999 / Australia / Kate Woods *** 35mm AUS
- Lost Embrace (Abrazo partido, El) / 2003 / Argentina / Daniel Burman ***
- Love Eterne, The (Liang Shan Ba yu Zhu Ying Tai) /1963-2003 / Hong Kong / Han Hsiang Li **** 35mm HK
- Mad Monster Party? / 1967 / USA / Jules Bass *** video
- Major Dundee / 1965-2005 / USA / 136min / Sam Peckinpah ** 35mm
- Makioka Sisters, The (Sasame-yuki ‘Fine Snow’)/ 1983 / Japan / Kon Ichikawa **** 35mm
- Man From Planet X, The /1951 / USA / Edgar G. Ulmer ** 35mm
- Manson Family, The / 2003 / USA / Jim Van Bebber ** video
- Marius 1931 / France / Marcel Pagnol - Alexander Korda ****35mm
- MC5: A True Testimonial / 2002 / USA / David C. Thomas *** video*
- Melody Time / 1948 / USA / Clyde Geronimi-Wilfred Jackson / uncut version *** video
- Mephisto / 1981 / West Germany- Hungary -Austria / István Szabó **** 35mm
- Milky Way, The (Voie lactée, La) / 1969 / France / Luis Buñuel **** 35mm
- Monster a Go Go / 1965 / USA / Bill Rebane X video
- Mr. Blanding Builds His Dream House/ 1948 / USA / H.C. Potter *** video
- My Neighbors the Yamadas/ 1999 / Japan / Isao Takahata *** video
- Nobody Knows (Dare mo shiranai) / 2003 / Japan / Hirokazu Koreeda ****
- Nostalghia / 1983 / Soviet Union-Italy / Andrei Tarkovsky ****35mm
- Nothing / 2003 / Canada / Vincenzo Natali **** video
- Notorious C.H.O. / 2002 / USA / Lorene Machado ** video
- Nowhere / 1997 / USA / Gregg Araki *** video
- Once Were Warriors/ 1994 /New Zealand / Lee Tamahori **** video
- One Missed Call / 2003 / Japan / Takshi Miike *** video
- Passenger, The 1975 / Italy-France / Michelangelo Antonioni **** video
- Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid / 1973 / USA / Sam Peckinpah *** 35mm
- Pather Panchali / 1955 / India / Satyajit Ray **** 35mm
- Paths of Glory/ 1957 / USA / Stanley Kubrick **** video
- Phantom of Liberty, The (Fantôme de la liberté, Le) / 1974 / France-Italy / Luis Buñuel **** video
- Phone/ 2002 / Korea / Byeong-ki Ahn ** video
- Pickpocket / 1959 / France / Robert Bresson **** 35mm
- Pier Paolo Pasolini / 1995 / Italy / Ivo Barnabo Micheli *** video
- Pixote: A Lei do Mais Fraco / 1981 / Brazil / Hector Babenco **** video
- Plague Dogs, The/ 1982 / UK / Martin Rosen *** video
- Polyester/ 1981 / USA / John Waters *** video
- Psyched by the 4D Witch / 1972 / USA / Victor Luminera ** video
- Psycho / 1960 / USA / Alfred Hitchcock **** video
- Public Toilet (Hwajangshil eodieyo?) / 2002 / South Korea- Hong Kong-Japan / Fruit Chan **video
- Pulse (Kairo) / 2001 / Japan / Kiyoshi Kurosawa *** video
- Religion Hour, The (My Mother’s Smile) - L’Ora di religione (Il sorriso di mia madre) / 2002 / Italy / Marco Bellocchio ** video
- River, The / 1951 / France-India-USA / Jean Renoir **** 35mm
- River and Tides: Andy Goldsworthy Working with Time/ 2000 / Germany / Thomas Riedelsheimer *** 35mm
- Romance / 1999 / France / 99min / Catherine Breillat ** video
- Russ Meyer's Supervixens / USA/ Russ Meyer *** video
- Russ Meyer’s Vixen! / 1968 / USA / Russ Meyer / ** video
- Safety Last! / 1923 (2003 restoration) / USA / Fred C. Newmeyer-Sam Taylor **** video
- Same River Twice, The / 2003 / USA / Robb Moss * video
- Saraband / 2003 / Sweden / Ingmar Bergman *** Digital projection
- Satánico Pandemonium (La Sexorcista) / 1975 / Mexico / Gilberto Martínez Solares *** video
- Scary Movie 3.5 / 2003 / USA / David Zucker / 85min ** video
- School of the Holy Beast (Seijû gakuen) / 1974 / Japan / Norifumi Suzuki ** video
- Second Skin (Segunda piel) / 2000 / Spain / Gerardo Vera X video
- Seeds of Sin / 1968 / USA / Andy Milligan * video
- Sex and Fury (Furyô anego den: Inoshika Ochô) / 1973 / Japan / Norifumi Suzuki *** video
- Seventh Victim, The / 1943 / USA / Mark Robson **** video
- Shadow of A Doubt / 1943 / USA / Alfred Hitchcock **** 35mm
- Shall We Go to My Place or Your Place or Each Go Home Alone? / 1973 / Swedin / Lasse Hallström ***video
- Sherlock Jr. / 1924 / USA / Buster Keaton **** video*
- Sick: The Life & Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist / 1997 / USA / Kirby Dick ** video
- Simon of the Desert (Simón del desierto) 1965 / Mexico / Luis Buñuel **** video
- Sodoma's Ghost / 1988 / Italy / Lucio Fulci (no stars) ** video
- Somebody Up There Likes Me / 1956 / USA / Robert Wise *** video
- Something’s Got To Give / 2003 / USA / Nancy Meyers ** video
- Some Voices / 2000 / UK / Simon Cellan Jones*** video
- Sorority House Massacre / 1987 / USA / Carol Frank ** video
- Sorority House Massacre II / 1990 / USA / Jim Wynorski ** video
- Steamboat Bill, Jr./ 1928 / USA / Charles Reisner **** video
- Suspicion /1941 / USA / Alfred Hitchcock **** 35mm
- Tales from the Gimli Hospital / 1988 / Canada / Guy Maddin ** video
- Tango 1993 / France / Patrice Leconte ***video
- Tales of Hoffman, The/ 1951/ UK / Michael Powell-Emeric Pressburger *** video
- Tarnished Angels, The / 1958 / USA / Douglas Sirk *** 35mm
- Terror Firmer/ 1999 / USA / 124min / Lloyd Kaufman * video
- That Obscure Object of Desire (Cet obscur objet du désir) / 1977 / French-Spain / Luis Buñuel ****35mm
- Throne of Blood (Spider’s Web Castle) - Kumonosu jô / 1957 / Japan / Akira Kurosawa **** video
- Torremolinos 73 / 2003 / Spain-Denmark / Pablo Berger ***
- Travellers and Magicians/ 2003 / Australia- Bhutan / Khyentse Norbu ****
- Tupac: Resurrection / USA / Lauren Lazin **35mm AAN
- Twice Upon A Time / 1983 / USA / John Korty – Charles Swenson **** video
- Two of Us, The (The Old Man and the Boy) (Vieil homme et l'enfant, Le) / 1967 / France / Claude Berri **** 35mm
- Up! / 1976 / USA / Russ Meyer *** video
- Vagabond (Sans toit ni loi) / 1985 / France-UK / Agnès Varda **** 35mm
- Venus in Furs (Paroxismus) / 1969 / Italy / Jesus Franco ***video
- Voodoo Island / 1957 / USA / Reginald Le Borg ** video
- Welcome Danger / 1929 / USA / Clyde Bruckman-Malcolm St. Clair *** video
- What Did the Lady Forget? (Shukujo wa nani o wasureta ka) 1937 / Japan / Yasujiro Ozu **** video
- What's Eating Gilbert Grape / 1993 / USA / Lasse Hallström ***video
- Whisper in the Dark / 1976 / Italy / Marcello Aliprandi ** video
- Whisper of the Heart (Mimi wo Sumaseba) / 1995 / Japan / Yoshifumi Kondo **** video
- Wicker Man, The / 1973 / UK / 88min version / Robin Hardy **** video
- Witnesses (Syjedoci) / 2003 / Croatia / Vinko Bresan ** video
- Wolf Man, The / 1941 / USA / 8min (TCM print) / George Waggner *** video
- Written on the Wind / 1956 / USA / Douglas Sirk **** 35mm
- Yesterday / 2003 / South Africa / Darrell Roodt **** video
- Your Vice Is a Closed Room and Only I Have the Key / 1972 / Italy / Sergio Martino ** video

Short Films

- 7:35 In the Morning (7:35 de la Manana) / / 2003 / Spain / Nacho Vigalondo *** AAN
- 24 Heures de la vie d’un Clown/ 1946 / France / 18min / B&W / Jean-Pierre Melville *** video
- Accidently / 1968 / Hong Kong, China / John Woo X video
- Adventures of Mr. Incredible, The / 2004 / USA / Roger Gould / 4min / Animation **video
- Andy / (date unspecified) / 10min / Wakefield Poole ** video
- À propos de Nice / 1930 / France / Jean Vigo *** 35mm
- A Stolen Moment / 2004 / Canada / 16min / Audrey Cumming ** video
- A Thousand Words / 2003 / USA / Melba Williams *** DLP
- Autism Is A World / USA / 40min / Gerardine Wurzburg ** AAN
- Bear that Couldn’t Sleep, The / 1939 / USA / 9min / Rudolf Ising **** video
- Big Lie, The, That Solves Everything / 2005 / USA / 8min / William R. Coughlan **** video*
- Birthday Boy / Australia / 10min / Animation / Sejong Park *** AAN
- Birth of a Notion / 1947 / USA / 7min / Robert McKimson **** video
- Black Cat and Broomsticks / 1955 / USA / 8min / Larry O’Reily ** video
- Box Man, The / 2002 / USA / Nirvan Mullick / 5min **** video
- Brother of Mine (Bror Min) / 2001 / Germany / 11min / Jens Jonsson *** video
- Bystander / 2005 / USA / 20min / Ayo ** video*
- Casey Bats Again / USA / 8min / Jack Kinney *** video
- Cat that Looked at A King, The/ 2004 / USA / Bassert-Schneider / Animation + live action ** video
- Cat's Meow, The / USA / 7min (TCM print) / Tex Avery *** video
- Chant du Styrene, Le/ 1957 / France / 14min / Alain Resnais ** video
- Charlotte et son Jules/ 1958 / France / 13min / B&W / Jean-Luc Godard **** video
- Cheval 2.1, Le / 2005 / UK / 2min / B&W / Stephen Scott Haywood - Kirk Kirkland *** 35mm
- Children of Leningradsky, The / Poland / 35min / Hanna Polak - Andrzej Celinski **** AAN
- City of Bees, The/ 2004 / Denmark / 30min / Laila Hodell, Bertel Torne Olsen **** SilD
- Circumnavigation 1 and 2 / 2005 / USA / 8min / Stephen Brandt ***
- Confederate Honey / 1940 / USA / 8min / Friz Freleng ** video
- Coup du Berger, Le/ 1957 / France / 27min / B&W / Jacques Rivette ** video
- Date / 2004 / USA / Eva Saks / 5min **** video
- Deathdealer: A Documentary / 2004 / USA / 16min / Andy Watts *** video
- Diary of an Unknown Soldier, The/ 1959 / UK / B&W / 20min / Peter Watkins *** video
- Dimmer/ 2005 / USA / 13 minutes / Talmage Cooley **** SilD
- Discontented Canary, The / 1934 / USA / 9min / Rudolf Ising *** video
- Donald Applecore / USA / 7min / Jack Hannah *** video
- Elmer Fudd: Elmer's Candid Camera / 1940 / USA / 8min / Chuck Jones *** video
- The End / 2005 / UK / Rob Crowther - Tim Clayton / 1.30min **** 35mm
- Everything in This Country Must / 2004 / USA / 20min / Colum McCann ** AAN
- Far Far Away Idol/ 2004 / USA / 10min / Animation / Simon J. Smith ** video
- Fishing Bear, The / 1940 / USA / 8min / Rudolf Ising **** video
- Forbidden, The / 1978 / UK / 36min / B&W / Clive Barker *** video
- Forgotten Faces, The / 1961 / UK / B&W / 17min / Peter Watkins *** video
- Gasman / 1997 / UK / 15min / Lynne Ramsay ** video
- Geoff, World Destroyer / 2002 / USA / Animation / Phil Hall *** 35mm
- Get Out & Get Under / 1920 (2004 restoration) / USA / 28min / Animation / Hal Roach (Fred C. Newmeyer) *** video
- God Sleeps In Rwanda/ 2004 / USA / 30 minutes / Kimberlee Acquaro, Stacy Sherman **** SilD
- Gopher Broke / US / 5min / Animation / Jeff Fowler ** AAN
- Good Times/ 2004 / Italy / 31 minutes / Alessandro Cassigoli, Dalia Castel ** SilD
- Guard Dog / USA / 5min / Animation / Bill Plympton *** AAN
- Hardship of Miles Standish, The / 1940 / USA / 9min / Friz Freleng ** video
- Hardwood / Canada / 29min / Hubert Davis ** AAN
- Hare-raising Hare / 1946 / USA / 7min / Chuck Jones **** video
- Heir Bear / 1953 / USA / 6min / Dick Lundy*** video
- Histoire D’Eau/ 1958 / France / 12min / B&W / Truffault - Godard ** video
- Holland Tunnel / USA / 3min / Van and Casey Neistat *** video
- Horton Hatches the Egg / 1942 / USA / 10min / Robert Clampett **** video
- How To Sleep/ 1935 / USA / B&W / Nick Grinde *** video
- How to Tell When A Relationship is Over in 90 Seconds / 2003 / UK / Tony Roche *** 35mm
- Inja (Dog) / 2001 / Australia - South Africa / 17min / Steven Pasvolsky *** video
- In the Box (V Kocke) / 1999 / Slovakia / Michal Struss / 7min / Animation*** video
- Jack-Jack Attack / 2004 / USA / Brad Bird *** video
- Jesus Henry Christ / 2003 / USA / Dennis Lee / 18min **** video
- Kill the Day / 1996 / UK / Lynne Ramsay *** video
- Kimono / 2000 / USA / Hal Hartley / 28min **** video
- Kind of Blur (no date: 2005?) / USA / Heather Cappiello / 11min *** MVFF
- KOD (Keepers of Darkness) / 2004 / USA / 14 minutes / Andrew Ellis, Evan Kondilas * SilD
- Laboratoire de L’Angoisse, Le/ 1971 / France / 11min / Patrice Leconte **** video
- Lambert the Sheepish Lion / 1951 / USA / 8min / Jack Hannah * video
- L'Amour Existe/ 1961 / France / 19min / Mourice Pialat ** video
- Last Days of Jonathan Perlo/ 2004 / USA / 29 minutes / Joe Warson ** SilD
- L’ecole des Facteurs (The School for Postmen) / 1947 / France / 15min / Jacques Tati **** video
- Little Brother Rat / 1939 / USA / 7min / Chuck Jones *** video
- Loose Ends / 2004 / USA / 6min / William R. Coughlan ** video*
- Lorenzo / USA / Animation / Mike Gabriel ** AAN
- Magique Noire, La 2004 / USA / Aloura Charles / 12min *** MVFF
- Mary / 2005 / USA / 5 min / Aaron Ruell *** 35mm
- Mating Call (Llamada de apareamiento) / 2004 / Mexico / 3min / Patricio Serna *
- Mighty Times: The Children’s March / USA / 40min / Robert Houston **** AAN
- Milk 2004 / Scotland / Peter Mackie Burns / 10min ** MVFF
- Millionaire Droopy / 1956 / USA / 7min / Tex Avery ** video
- Natation par Jean Taris, champion de France, La / 1931 / France / Jean Vigo *** 35mm
- Naughty but Mice / 1939 / USA / 8min / Chuck Jones ** video
- New Math(s), The / 2000 / UK / Hal Hartley / 15min **** video
- NYC 3/94 / 1994 / USA / Hal Hartley / 9min *** video
- Occupational Hazard / 2005 / USA / 8min / Tyler Korba **** video*
- Old Mill, The / 1937 / USA / Animation / Wilfred Jackson **** video
- Old Pioneer, The / 1934 / USA / 8min (TCM print) / Rudolf Ising *** video
- Opera No. 1 / 1994 / USA / Hal Hartley / 8min *** video
- Other Also, The / 1997 / USA / Hal Hartley / 8min ** video
- Paul’s Beautiful Laundrette/ 2004 / Australia / 12 minutes / Glenda Tobias ** SilD
- Phantom Limb/ 2005 / USA / 28 minutes / Jay Rosenblatt *** SilD
- Post Traumatic / USA / James Seale *** video
- Poulet, Le / France / Claude Berri / 15min**** 35mm
- Quite Contrary / 2005 / USA / 8min / Nello DeBlasio **** video*
- Real Life, The: Garden of Eden / 2005 / USA / 8min / James Williams*** video*
- Recycle/ 2005 / USA / 6 minutes / Vasco Lucas Nunes & Ondi Timoner *** SilD
- Ricotta, La / 1963 / Italy / Pier Paolo Pasolini *** video
- Rings / 2005 / USA / 17min / Jonathan Liebesman ** video
- Rollercoaster Rabbit/ 1990 / USA / Minkoff-Marshall / Animation + live action *** video
- Ruby's Tuesday 2005 / USA / Heather Cappiello / 11min ** MVFF
- Ryan / Canada / 14min / Animation / Chris Landreth *** AAN
- Salome / 1973 / UK / 18min / B&W / Clive Barker * video
- Schlimmer / 2004 / USA / 8min / William R. Coughlan ** video*
- School No. 1: A Mission to Beslan/ 2004 / Ireland / 35 minutes / Adrian McCarthy *** SilD
- Screening Process: A Loser’s Guide to Love / 2004 / USA / 8min / William R Coughlan *** video*
- Signs / 2004 / USA / 8min / Jon Gann **** video*
- Sister Rose’s Passion / USA / 39min / Oren Jacob *** AAN
- Sisters of Mercy / 2003 / USA / Hal Hartley / 17min *** video
- Skywalk is Gone, The (Tianqiao bu jianle) / 2002 / Taiwan-France / 25min / Ming-liang Tsai*** video
- Small Deaths / 1996 / UK / 11min / Lynne Ramsay*** video
- Small Town Secrets/ 2004/ USA / 7 minutes / Katherine Leggett *** SilD
- Sniffles & the Bookworm / 1939 / USA / 7min / Chuck Jones **** video
- Soigne ton gauche (Watch Your Left) / 1936 / France / 12min / Rene Clement *** video
- Soldier’s Dream / 1995 / Russia / 11min /Aleksandr Sokurov *** video
- Sunday Night at the Trocadero/ 1937 / USA / B&W / George Sidney *** video
- Surmenes, Les/ 1957 / France / 19min / B&W / Jacques Doniol-Valcroze **** video
- Tale of Vienna Woods / 1934 / USA / 8min / Hugh Harman **** video
- Time Lost/ 2004 / USA / 18 minutes / Carla Gutierrez ** SilD
- Top of the Circle/ 2005 / USA / 5 minutes / Shaz Bennett * SilD
- Tops with the Pops / 1957 / USA / 8min (TCM print) / Joseph Barbera-William Hanna** video
- Toulouse-Lautrec and Montmartre / 2005 ** video*
- Trail Mix-Up/ 1993 / USA / Minkoff-Marshall / Animation + live action **** video
- Tummy Trouble/ 1989 / USA / Barry Cook / Animation + live action ** video
- Two Cars, One Night / / 2003 / 12min / New Zealand / Taika Cohen ** AAN
- Wasp / 2003 / 26min / UK / Andrea Arnold **** AAN
- Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe / 1980 / USA / Les Blank / 20min *** video
- Xiara’s Song/ 2004 / USA / 36 minutes / Liz Garbus *** SilD
- Yashmak/ 2003 / UK / James Brown ** video
- Youth in Us, The / 2005 / USA / Joshua Leonard / 12min*** video
- You Were There with your Friend Frank/ 2004 / Sweden / 10 minutes /Johannes Stjaerne Nilsson, Ola Simonsson **** SilD

- The Animation Show 2005
  • Guard Dog (previously seen)
  • The F.E.D.S / 2002 / USA / 6min / Jennifer Drummond/Rotoscoped Cel ***
  • Pan With Us / 2003 / USA / 4min / B&W+Color / David Russo / Live action + still photo animation ****
  • Ward 13 / 2003 / Australian / 15min / Peter Cornwell / Clay Animation***
  • Hello / 2003 / Australian / 7min / Jonathan Nix /Traditonal Cel Animation ****
  • Rock Fish / 2002 / US / 9min / Tim Miller / CGI Animation ***
  • The Man With No Shadow (Homme sans ombre, L’) / 2004 / Canada-Switzerland / Georges Schizgebel / Painted Cel Animation****
  • Fallen Art / 2004 / Poland / 6min / Tomek Baginski / CGI Animation ***
  • When the Day Breaks / 1999 / Canada / 10min / Wendy Tilby-Amanda Forbis / Rotoscoped Cel Animation ***
  • The Meaning of Life / 2005 / USA / 12min / Don Hertzfeldt / Pen & Cel Animation ***

- Spike & Mike’s Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation

Vol. One (1989-1990-1991-1992/Various Directors):
    How Much Is That Window in the Doggie? / Pink Komkommer / Bladder Trouble / Discoveries / Thanks for the Mammaries / Dog Pile / One Man’s Instrument / Downbeat Dowager Starring Nana and Lil Puss Puss / Lullaby / Bulimiator / Deadsy / Performance Art starring Chainsaw Bob

Vol. Two (1991-1992-1993/Various Directors):
    Horndog / Brian’s Brain / Woeful Willie / The Cat, Cow and Beautiful Fish / Finger Food / Slaughter Day / Peter’s Wake / Mutilator II / Dog Pile II / Oh Crappy Day / Big Top Asshole / Triassic Parking Lot / Spaghetti Snot / Chainsaw Bob in a Cult Classic / Tennis / Poetic Justice / Stubbs / A Hole in One / Lloyd’s Lunchbox / Wrong Hole

Vol. Three (1991-1992-1993-1994/Various Directors):
    Puke a Pound / No Neck Joe / Gun, Zipper, Snot / Empty Roll / Hut Sluts / Rick the Dick in the Hospital Hell / Wastes Away / Phull Phontal Phingers / The Birth of Brian / Dirty Birdy / I Never Ho’d for My Father / Adam’s Other Rib / Hey, Phuk Yew! / Home, Honey, I’m High / Lloyd Loses His Lunch

Vol. Four (1993-1994-1995-1996/Various Directors):
    No Neck Joe II / Big, Fat, Dumb, Stupid Baby / Abducted / Safe Sex / Barflies / Baby’s New Formula / How to Make Love to A Woman / Tie Dyed Dick / Shindler’s Fist / Lizard Whomper / Lloyd’s Lunchbox 3

- Ten Minutes Older: The Cello/ 2002 / UK-Germany video

• Addicted to the Stars/ Michael Radford **
  • Dans le Noir du temps/ Jean-Luc Godard **
  • Enlightenment, The/ Volker Schlondorff **
  • Histoire D’eaux/ Bernardo Bertulucci **
  • One Moment / Jiri Menzel ****
  • Ten Minutes After/ Istvan Sxabo **
  • Vers Nancy/ Claire Denis **

- Ten Minutes Older: The Trumpet/ 2002 / UK-Germany video

• Dogs Have No Hell / Aki Kaurismaki ****
  • Lifeline / Victor Erice ****
  • Ten Thousand Years Older / Werner Herzog ***
  • Int.Trailer.Night / Jim Jarmusch ***
  • Twelve Miles to Trona / Wim Wenders**
  • We Wuz Robbed / Spike Lee**
  • 100 Flowers Hidden Deep / Chen Kaige ***

Alternate Versions (previousily seen in truncated/alternate version) Unranked
    - Alien³/ 1992 / USA / David Fincher / 145min work print version ** video
    - Blade: Trinity / 2004 / USA / 124min / David S. Goyer X video
    - Brulantes, Les (99 Women) / 1969 / Spain-Italy / Jess Franco / 98min ‘Hardcore’ version / French Dub / * video
    - Buring, The/ 1981 / USA / Tony Maylam / uncensored International print **video
    - Dawn of the Dead / 2004 / USA / Zack Snyder / 109min version ** video
    - Dawn of the Mummy / 1981 / USA-Italy-Egypt / Frank Agrama / R-rated theatrical cut X video
    - Dumplings (Three Extremes...) / 2004 / Hong Kong / Fruit Chan / expanded 91min version *** video
    - Frighteners, The / 1981 / New Zealand-USA / Peter Jackson / 122min *** video
    - Gladiator / 2000 / UK-USA / Ridley Scott / 171min version *** video
    - Hardboiled (Lashou shentan) / 1992 / Hong Kong / John Woo / 131min version **** video
    - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets / 2002 / UK-USA / Chris Columbus / expanded 173min network TV edit *** video
    - Marche de L'Empereur, La (The Emperor’s March)/(March of the Penguins) / France / Luc Jacquet / 82min French Language version **** video
    - Not Another Teen Movie / 2001 / USA / Joel Gallen / 100min (unrated version) ***video
    - Orgazmo / 1997 / USA / Trey Parker / 95min (unrated version) **video
    - Pitch Black / 2000 / Australia-USA / David Twohy / 112min version*** video
    - Pocahontas / 1995 / USA / 84min / Mike Gabriel-Eric Goldberg ** video
    - Polar Express, The / 2004 / USA / Robert Zemekis / (Film: ** / IMAX 3D: ****)
    - Remember the Titans / 2000 / USA / Boaz Yakin / 119min network television edition *** video
    - Seed of Chucky / 2004 / USA / Don Mancini / unrated version ** video
    - Shall We Dance? / 1996 / Japan / Masayuki Suo / 136min *** video
    - Team America: World Police / 2004 / USA / Trey Parker / unrated version *** video
    - White Chicks / 2004 / USA / Keenen Ivory Wayans / 115min (unrated version) * video
    - Zombie / 1972 / Italy / Lucio Fulci / complete Italian 91min version *** video

All First Time Viewings
    * theatrical viewing of video source

AAN: Academy Award Nominee Showcase at the National Archives
    AUS: Australian Film Festival
    DCFF: FilmFest DC
    HK: Hong Kong Film Showcase
    JFF: DC 16th Annual Jewish Film Festival
    LA: 16th Annual Washington Latin American Film Festival
    MVFF: 28th Annual Mill Valley Film Festival
    SilD: SilverDocs - 3rd Annual AFI/Discovery Channel Documetary Festival
    VFF: 18th Annual Virginia Film Festival

Ranked:
    FOUR STARS

- Pather Panchali
    - Safety Last!
    - Sherlock Jr.
    - The Exterminating Angel
    - The Gospel According to St. Matthew
    - The Phantom of Liberty
    - Nostalghia
    - The River
    - King: A Filmed Record… Montgomery to Memphis
    - Throne of Blood
    - The Leopard,
    - Killing, The
    - Fanny
    - Once Were Warriors
    - Fight, The
    - Steamboat Bill, Jr.
    - Galaxy Express 999
    - L’Atalante
    - Paths of Glory
    - Chung King Express
    - Pixote: A Lei do Mais Fraco
    - Tony Takitani
    - Death in Venice
    - Simon of the Desert
    - The Wayward Cloud
    - Suspicion
    - Elevator to the Gallows
    - Brokeback Mountain
    - 3-Iron
    - Early Spring
    - Whisper of the Heart
    - Kings and Queen
    - Intimate Stories
    - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
    - Marius
    - The Makioka Sisters
    - Tropical Malady
    - The Passenger
    - Pickpocket
    - Manderlay
    - The Golem
    - Dead Man
    - Nothing
    - That Obscure Object of Desire
    - Nobody Knows
    - Downfall
    - Whiskey
    - Kes
    - Fallen Angels
    - The Milky Way
    - Carnival of Souls
    - Battles Without Honor and Humanity
    - Travellers and Magicians
    - Written on the Wind
    - The Best of Youth
    - Psycho
    - Grizzly Man
    - The Butcher Boy
    - As Tears Go By
    - The World
    - A Foreign Affair
    - The Nomi Song
    - Rosita
    - Eight Diagram Pole Fighter
    - Mephisto
    - The Squid and the Whale
    - The Syrian Bride
    - The Line King: The Al Hirschfeld Story
    - Vagabond
    - La Ciénaga
    - Innocence
    - Shadow of a Doubt
    - Capote
    - Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
    - Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
    - The Milk Can
    - The King and I
    - Twice Upon A Time
    - Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story
    - Keane
    - The Hidden Blade
    - Yesterday
    - What Did the Lady Forget?
    - Mad Hot Ballroom
    - A.K.
    - The Circus
    - The Other Side of the Street
    - The Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice
    - Children of Beslan
    - Three... Extremes
    - Munich
    - Brothers
    - Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag
    - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    - Machuca
    - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
    - The Love Eterne
    - Cowards Bend the Knee
    - in her shoes
    - A Fond Kiss...
    - The Bear
    - A World Without Thieves
    - Campfire
    - Mirrormask
    - The Greatest Game Ever Played

THREE STARS (Very Good/Good)

- Ashes of Time
    - Dellamorte Dellamore
    - Fear and Trembling
    - Café Lumière
    - Eating Raoul
    - Goshu: The Cellist
    - Accidents
    - The Beat That My Heart Skipped
    - Polyester
    - Rory O’Shea Was Here
    - Broken Flowers
    - Schizo
    - Turtles Can Fly
    - My Best Enemy: Patagonia 1978
    - The American Astronaut
    - Live and Become
    - The Curse of the Cat People
    - Appleseed
    - Walk on Water
    - Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
    - Coal Miner’s Daughter
    - Live Flesh (Carne trémula)
    - What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
    - Kung Fu Hustle
    - Millions
    - Double Dare
    - Breakfast on Pluto
    - Olga
    - Comedians of Comedy
    - Antares
    - Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
    - Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed
    - The Hills Have Eyes
    - Melody Time
    - Kekexili: Mountain Patrol
    - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    - Go For Zucker! (An Unorthodox Comedy)
    - Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont
    - Agata and the Storm
    - 930 F Street
    - Hustle & Flow
    - MC5: A True Testimonial
    - Hawaii, Oslo
    - The Tuner
    - Blissfully Yours
    - My Neighbors the Yamadas
    - Venus in Furs
    - Donkey Skin
    - Spider Forest
    - In the Realms of the Unreal
    - Lolita
    - Hana & Alice
    - Pulse
    - Innocent Voices
    - Saraband
    - Lila Says
    - Nine Lives
    - The Constant Gardener
    - The Tunnel
    - The 40 Year Old Virgin
    - Yes
    - Murderball
    - Some Voices
    - The House That Dripped Blood
    - Welcome Danger
    - Bee Season
    - Batman Begins
    - Darwin's Nightmare
    - Mondovino
    - Howl's Moving Castle
    - Satánico Pandemonium
    - The Seven Swords
    - The Holy Girl
    - Grand Hotel
    - L’Intus
    - Palindromes
    - The Big Red One
    - Pier Paolo Pasolini
    - Enduring Love
    - The Bad Seed
    - The Living Dead Girl
    - André Kertész of the Cities
    - Bell Book and Candle
    - March of the Penguins
    - Shape of the Moon
    - Zathura: A Space Odyssey
    - Red Eye
    - 13th District
    - Paradise Now
    - Tales from the Gimli Hospital
    - Tom Yum-Goong

~
    - Black and White
    - The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
    - Warm Springs
    - Twist of Faith
    - One Nite in Mongkok
    - A History of Violence
    - Cinderella Man
    - Jungle Holocaust
    - Jarhead
    - House of Wax (2005)
    - Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
    - Somebody Up There Likes Me
    - Mr & Mrs Smith
    - Up!
    - Cry-Baby
    - Emanuelle in America
    - Rent
    - Just Like Heaven
    - Mysterious Skin
    - R-Point
    - The Aristocrats
    - Steamboy
    - Night Watch
    - Funny Ha Ha
    - The Girl From Monday
    - Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
    - One Missed Call
    - Asylum
    - The Devil's Reject
    - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    - Land of the Dead
    - Frank Miller's Sin City
    - Shall We Go to My Place or Your Place or Each Go Home Alone?
    - Lost Embrace
    - The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
    - The Land Has Eyes
    - Samaritan Girl
    - The Boy Who Wanted to Be A Bear
    - Beyond the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens
    - Aliens of the Deep (97min
    - 9 Dead Gay Guys
    - Inside Deep Throat
    - Peacock
    - The Plague Dogs
    - Lipstick & Dynamite
    - My Summer of Love
    - The Untold Story of Emmitt Till
    - The Ferpect Crime
    - 9 Songs
    - The Memory of a Killer
    - Nowhere
    - The Brothers Grimm
    - Tango
    - William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice
    - In Good Company
    - The Tales of Hoffman
    - Mr. Blanding Builds His Dream House
    - River and Tides: Andy Goldsworthy Working with Time
    - In the Company of Men
    - The Flower of the My Secret
    - The Tarnished Angels
    - Godspell
    - Off the Map
    - Russ Meyer’s SuperVixens
    - Junebug
    - The Dead Next Door
    - 5x2
    - Heights
    - Torremolinos 73
    - Attack of the Crab Monsters
    - A Touch of Spice
    - Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
    - The Interpreter
    - Incident on and Off A Mountain Road
    - Melinda and Melinda
    - Tell Them Who You Are
    - Look at Me
    - Up and Down
    - Deer Woman
    - Atomik Circus
    - DragonBlade
    - Sky High
    - The Edukators
    - The Dying Gaul
    - North Country
    - Everlasting Regret
    - The Manson Family
    - Flight Plan
    - Wild Safari: A South African Adventure (IMAX 3D)

TWO STARS

- Clean
    - Dallas 362
    - Me and You and Everyone We Know
    - Pride & Prejudice
    - Million Dollar Baby
    - Your Vice Is a Closed Room and Only I Have the Key
    - Red Eye (Redeu-ai)
    - Proof
    - Gunner Palace
    - The Adventures of Iron P***y
    - Dirty War
    - Wilby Wonderful
    - Sorority House Massacre II
    - War of the Worlds
    - Histoire de Marie et Julien
    - Hardcore
    - Hotel Rwanda
    - Crash
    - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    - Dirty Birds
    - Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon (IMAX 3D)
    - Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy
    - Tupac: Resurrection
    - The Man From Planet X
    - Choristes, Les (The Chorus)
    - Romance
    - Bad Guy
    - Who Put the M in Manchester
    - Sick: The Life & Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist
    - Straight-Jacket
    - Voodoo Island
    - Agitator
    - The Upside of Anger
    - The Baxter
    - Chicken Little
    - Same Sex America
    - Fever Pitch
    - Ladies in Lavender
    - Godzilla: Final Wars
    - Serenity
    - Robots
    - The Religion Hour (My Mother’s Smile)
    - 99 Women (unrated edition)
    - Caterina and the Big City
    - Sorority House Massacre
    - It's All Gone Pete Tong
    - Pretty Things
    - Henri Langlois: The Phantom of the Cinémathèque
    - The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
    - Phone
    - A Separate Peace
    - Ab-Normal Beauty
    - Arahan
    - My Tiny Universe
    - Mindhunters
    - Happy Endings
    - Kingdom of Heaven
    - Pulled from the Rubble
    - Major Dundee (The Restoration)
    - Notorious C.H.O.
    - Jesus Christ Superstar (2000)
    - Public Toilet
    - Guerilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst
    - Intruder
    - The Last Mtterand
    - Dark Water
    - Let the Church Say Amen
    - Witnesses (Syjedoci)
    - Madagascar
    - Something's Got to Give
    - Good Morning Night
    - Boy's Night Out
    - L'Inferno
    - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou
    - Scary Movie 3.5
    - The Ninth Day
    - The Green Hat
    - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
    - 16 Years of Alcohol
    - Layer Cake
    - Russ Meyer's Vixen!
    - Saw II
    - China: A Panda Adventure
    - Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
    - Psyched by the 4D Witch
    - The Bad News Bears
    - Jenifer
    - With All Deliberate Speed
    - The Beautiful Country
    - Valiant
    - The Ice Harvest

ONE STAR

- Assisted Living
    - Terror Firmer (expanded 124 minute version)
    - Throw Down (Yau doh lung fu bong)
    - Dolls
    - Entrails of a Virgin
    - Fantastic Four
    - Images in a Covent
    - House of Fury
    - Meet the Fockers
    - Assault on Precinct 13
    - Ice Princess
    - Bete, La (The Beast)
    - Casshern
    - The Card Player
    - Cowboys & Angels
    - Eaten Alive!
    - The Island
    - Anatomy of Hell (Anatomie de l'enfer)
    - Looking for Alibrandi
    - Creature from the Haunted Sea
    - One Missed Call 2
    - Garuda
    - Franck Spadone
    - Goodbye Charlie Bright
    - SS Hell Camp
    - Faith of My Fathers
    - Because of Winn-Dixie
    - Guess Who
    - The Muppet's Wizard of Oz
    - Chocolate
    - The Exorcism of Emily Rose
    - Ma mere
    - Naked Fame
    - Brick
    - Dreams in a Witch-House
    - Killer
    - The Same River Twice
    - A Cinderella Story
    - The Brain Eaters
    - The Thing About My Folks

NO STARS

- Second Skin (Segunda piel)
    - Cursed
    - Constantine
    - Elizabethtown
    - Must Love Dogs
    - Dear Frankie
    - Wedding Crashers
    - Four Brothers
    - Monster a Go Go
    - The Family Stone
    - The Ring Two
    - Gus Van Sant’s Last Days
    - Stealth
    - The First Daughter
    - Sodoma's Ghost
    - Waiting...
    - Win A Date with Tad Hamilton

• Last edited by Giles; 04-25-06 at 10:40 PM.
    Old 01-03-05, 11:55 AM
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

1. Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit - 9.3/10*
    2. Brokeback Mountain - 9.1/10
    3. Capote - 9.0/10
    4. King Kong - 8.9/10*
    5. Batman Begins - 8.8/10
    6. Good Night, and Good Luck - 8.7/10
    7. The Squid and the Whale - 8.6/10
    8. Serenity - 8.6/10*
    9. Sin City - 8.5/10
    10. The Constant Gardener - 8.5/10

...and beyond...

Murderball 8.5/10
    Howl's Moving Castle - 8.5/10*
    40-Year Old Virgin - 8.5/10*
    Corpse Bride - 8.4/10*
    Walk the Line - 8.4/10
    War of the Worlds - 8.3/10
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 8.3/10*
    The Interpreter - 8.3/10
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 8.3/10* (2x)
    Wedding Crashers - 8.2/10*
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - 8.0/10
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 8.0/10
    The Upside of Anger - 7.9/10
    The March of the Penguins - 7.9/10
    In Her Shoes - 7.8/10
    The Transporter 2 - 7.7/10
    Broken Flowers - 7.6/10
    Hitch - 7.4/10
    Fever Pitch - 7.3/10
    Constantine - 7.2/10
    Sahara - 7.2/10
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith - 7.1/10
    Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - 6.8/10
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 6.8/10
    Bewitched - 6.2/10
    Must Love Dogs - 4.5/10
    Be Cool - 4.0/10

*likely future DVD purchase

first-time watches from any year

Word Wars (2004) ***
    The Story of the Weeping Camel (2003) *** 1/2
    The Ladykillers (1955) ****
    Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) ****
    La Commare Seca (1962) *** 1/2
    Night and the City (1950) ***
    Meet the Fockers (2004) *
    Fighting Elegy (1966) *** 1/2
    The Saddest Music in the World (2003) *** 1/2
    Troy (2004) **
    Paycheck (2003) **
    Napoleon Dynamite (2004) * 1/2
    Team America: World Police (2004) ***
    THX 1138 (1971) ***
    The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) *** 1/2
    The Roaring Twenties (1939) ****
    Amateur (1994) ***
    White Heat (1949) *** 1/2
    Angels with Dirty Faces (1938) *** 1/2
    The Petrified Forest (1936) *** 1/2
    Stage Door (1937) ***
    Being Julia (2004) ***
    Kinsey (2004) ***
    Heaven Can Wait (1943) ***
    Public Enemy (1931) *** 1/2
    Little Caesar (1931) ***
    Safety Last! (1923) ****
    Hot Water (1924) *** 1/2
    The Kid Brother (1927) *** 1/2
    The Merchant of Venice (2004) ***
    Bright Lights, Big City (1988) ** 1/2
    Flight of the Phoenix (2004) * 1/2
    Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) ** 1/2
    Cry-Baby (1990) ***
    Sword of Doom (1966) ****
    Unfaithfully Yours (1948) ***
    House (1986) ** 1/2
    The Sea Inside (2004) ***
    The Thin Man (1934) *** 1/2
    How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003) **
    Shadow of the Thin Man (1941) ***
    Dead Man (1995) *** 1/2
    After the Thin Man (1936) *** 1/2
    House of Bamboo (1955) ** 1/2
    Gunga Din (1939) ** 1/2
    Spider (2002) ***
    Downfall (2004) ****
    Layer Cake (2004) ***
    Kung Fu Hustle (2004) ***
    Another Thin Man (1939) *** 1/2
    The Haunted Palace (1963) ** 1/2
    Comedy of Terrors (1964) ***
    Grand Hotel (1932) *** 1/2
    Call Northside 777 (1948) ***
    The Thing Man Goes Home (1945) ***
    Le Samourai (1967) *** 1/2
    Dinner at Eight (1933) ** 1/2
    Libeled Lady (1936) *** 1/2
    Love Story (1970) **
    Don't Shoot the Piano Player (1960) ***

Last edited by jdpatri; 01-16-06 at 08:17 PM.
    Old 01-03-05, 04:38 PM
    DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
    This looks like a promising year for movies. I can't wait for May to get here.
    Old 01-03-05, 05:52 PM
    DVD Talk Special Edition

Batman Begins 9.6
    King Kong 9.5
    War of the Worlds 9.4
    Cinderella Man 9.3
    Sin City 9.3
    Good Night and Good Luck 9.2
    The Weather Man 9.1
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose 9.0

The Wedding Crashers 8.9
    The 40 Year Old Virgin 8.9
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith 8.8
    Walk the Line 8.7
    Crash 8.6
    Narnia 8.6
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 8.6
    The Island 8.4
    Two for the Money 8.1
    Jarhead 8.0

Shopgirl 7.9
    Bad News Bears 7.9
    The Interpreter 7.8
    Red Eye 7.8
    The Longest Yard 7.7
    House of Wax 7.5
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 7.4
    Corpse Bride 7.4
    Fun With Dick and Jane 7.2
    Flight Plan 7.2
    Land of the Dead 7.1
    Fantastic Four 7.0

Hostage 6.5
    The Jacket 6.2

The Ring 2 5.7
    Hitch 5.5
    Constantine 5.5
    Fever Pitch 5.4

Cursed 4.0

Chicken Little 3.7
    The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 3.5
    Kung Fu Hustle 3.5

Kicking and Screaming 2.5

The Man 1.0

Last edited by Mittman; 12-28-05 at 08:50 PM.
    Old 01-03-05, 08:39 PM
    DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
    Guess I'll reserve a spot I'll never use. I'm post #49, so I guess someone else lucks out and gets post 50.
    Old 01-03-05, 11:17 PM
    DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
    argh....page 3 here i come....
    Old 01-03-05, 11:18 PM
    DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
    2004 List.

Seen in the theater: 20

Good Night and Good Luck - 11/8
    Capote - 11/15

Finding Neverland - 1/30
    Sin City - 4/16
    Downfall ("Der Untergang") - 4/20
    Me, You & Everyone We Know - 7/28
    40 Year Old Virgin - 9/17

The Assassination of Richard Nixon - 1/27
    Million Dollar Baby - 2/22
    SW Ep III: Reveng of the Sith - 5/27
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 7/19
    The Baxter - 7/30
    Wedding Crashers - 8/2
    A History of Violence - 10/25
    North Country - 11/1

In the Realms of the Unreal - 1/25
    Kicking & Screaming - 5/14
    War of the Worlds - 8/30

Robots - 3/12
    Madagascar - 6/18

Seen on DVD: 76

A Woman Under the Influence - 1/30
    Freaks and Geeks - The Complete Series - 2/5 to 2/13

The Leopard - 1/9
    Maria Full of Grace - 1/13
    BAADASSSS! - 1/21
    Targets (1968) - 2/3
    The Motorcycle Diaries - 2/24
    I Heart Huckabees - 2/26
    Tunes of Glory - 5/15
    The Fringe Dwellers - 5/24
    Batman Begins - 10/21

Easy Riders, Raging Bulls - 1/11
    Charley Varrick - 1/24
    Killing of a Chinese Bookie - 2/1
    Penn & Teller's Bullshit! 2nd Season - 2/15 to
    Videodrome - 2/20
    Ray - 2/26
    Papillon - 3/3
    Dirty Pretty Things - 3/19
    The Door in the Floor - 3/20
    9 Queens - 4/7
    Closer - 4/15
    Shackelton - 5/3
    Lord of the Flies (1963) - 5/4
    Black Narcissus - 5/7
    Mama Roma - 5/9
    The Woodsman - 5/20
    The Corporation - 9/23
    Crash - 10/6
    The Machinist 10/6
    Imaginary Heroes - 11/4

Open Water - 1/4
    The Manchurain Candidate (2003) - 1/7
    Control Room - 2/1
    Saw - 2/21
    Friday Night Lights - 2/22
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - 3/2
    Heaven - 3/6
    The Getaway (1972) - 3/12
    The Return - 4/8
    Better Luck Tomorrow - 5/10
    Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou - 5/20
    SW: Attack of the Clones - 5/21
    Overnight - 9/21
    The Interpreter 10/7
    Because of Winn Dixie - 10/7
    Kingdom of Heaven - 11/3
    Dead Birds - 11/4
    F for Fake - 11/11

Decade Under the Influence - 1/19
    I, Robot - 1/12
    Boxcar Bertha - 1/26
    Silver City - 1/28
    The United States of Leland - 2/8
    Mean Creek - 2/16
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - 3/4
    Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle - 3/17
    Cabin Fever - 5/18
    The Longest Yard (2005) - 10/7
    Pauly Shore is Dead - 11/4

Luther - 1/12
    Two Brothers - 1/21
    SLC Punk - 1/21
    Sweet Sweetbacks Baadassss Song - 2/4
    The Dreamers - 2/10
    Shampoo - 2/11
    P.S. - 3/6
    We Don't Live Here Anymore - 3/13
    Lemony Snicket - 10/21
    OldBoy - 10/27

King Arthur - 1/4
    The Village - 1/20
    The Grudge - 2/4
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1973) - 5/21

Baby Geniuses 2: Superbabies - 1/7
    Man on Fire - 3/7

Only listing movies seen for the first time on dvd.

Last edited by HistoryProf; 11-15-05 at 08:54 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.