Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone catch this in Kill Bill Vol. 1??

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Did anyone catch this in Kill Bill Vol. 1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
I never noticed Bill and Sofie standing in the background in the anime sequence.
Old 04-16-04, 12:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Mondo Kane
I never noticed Bill and Sofie standing in the background in the anime sequence.
Background of which part? When they're beating up the Bride?
Old 04-16-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty much convinced that the continuity error pointed out by the thread starter was done intentionally. I don't see how something like that could be overlooked. A splatter of blood, maybe, but not a bullet hole. The squibs (or whatever device they use to make the hole) have to be placed exactly where you want the hole to be seen. It wouldn't just accidentally move from one spot to another. Someone had to make a conscious effort to put it in a different place.
Old 04-16-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Lastbade: I think it was Uma's character who was supposed to be the knife expert.
Nope, Vernita Green is the knife expert. The Bride says to her, "Bill, always said you were the best with edged weapons" and Vernita responds, "**** you, bitch. You know Bill didn't qualify that shit." or something along those lines. Plus, The Bride was the one who got sliced in that kitchen fight.

Last edited by matome; 04-16-04 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-16-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Lastbade: I think it was Uma's character who was supposed to be the knife expert.
The character Uma's character played on Fox Force Five was a knife expert. But it was Veronica Green who was the knife expert in Kill Bill.
Old 04-16-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Background of which part? When they're beating up the Bride?
Yup. I was always checking at the Vipers and the bride doing her pinball act on previous viewings. And then last night (4th viewing) I looked around elsewhere in that scene and noticed Bill and Sofie standing at the top.
Old 04-16-04, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by caiman
I'm pretty much convinced that the continuity error pointed out by the thread starter was done intentionally. I don't see how something like that could be overlooked. A splatter of blood, maybe, but not a bullet hole. The squibs (or whatever device they use to make the hole) have to be placed exactly where you want the hole to be seen. It wouldn't just accidentally move from one spot to another. Someone had to make a conscious effort to put it in a different place.
I agree. Especially after reading this entire thread (which I totally forgot about) and seeing all the other "mistakes" QT had made in previous movies. Can't wait until tonight!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-04, 05:01 AM
Banned

I just watched that Battle Without Humanity bit and Tarantino is no where to be found! I watched it in super slow mo and saw him now where!
Old 04-17-04, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
One of my favourite sequences in the film is the "Green Hornet" theme as the Crazy 88 make their way to the bar, and the Bride both flies in, changes outfits, buys/rents a bike (that matches her outfit), and catches up with O-Ren and Co. while they're still on their way to the House of Blue Leaves.

Either it's REALLY far from the Yakuzaa meeting to the tea house, or else the timeline's fudged/condensed for the Bride. She probably would have had to spend time finding out where O-Ren was going to be, too.

And Uma's motorcycle does NOT have a sword holster, nor is she seen carrying her katana. So where'd that come from?

You can go crazy looking for logic or continuity errors. They're all over both Volumes.
Old 04-17-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can anyone speculate on what happened to The Bride's baby? Was it kidnapped by Bill in the hospital? Because when the cops find her she is still pregnant.

Bah, I'll just go see Vol 2!
Old 04-18-04, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Scorpio
If Vernita had been using a box of Fruit Brute, I'm sure her accuracy would have been spot on.
Old 04-18-04, 09:22 PM
Banned

I just noticed something...

During the fight between Go Go and the Bride, there are several shots of GoGo wearing NO panties underneath her school uniform! When she lifts up her leg and kicks the ball and chain in Uma's direction, if you look closely you can actually spot her umm, bare bush! And in one shot as she's turning around swiftly you can see juuuust a lil bit of butt crack! Continuity error?
Old 04-18-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You have the technology.. You can MUST get screen caps.
Old 04-18-04, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by matome
Nope, Vernita Green is the knife expert. The Bride says to her, "Bill, always said you were the best with edged weapons" and Vernita responds, "**** you, bitch. You know Bill didn't qualify that shit." or something along those lines. Plus, The Bride was the one who got sliced in that kitchen fight.
He didn't qualify that she was the best with edged weapons. I took this as Vernita thinking she was the best at everything, not just the knife. Whether she was the best or not, I don't know.
Old 04-18-04, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by isamu
I just noticed something...

During the fight between Go Go and the Bride, there are several shots of GoGo wearing NO panties underneath her school uniform! When she lifts up her leg and kicks the ball and chain in Uma's direction, if you look closely you can actually spot her umm, bare bush! And in one shot as she's turning around swiftly you can see juuuust a lil bit of butt crack! Continuity error?
I just took a look. One shot looked that way if she has a pretty thick dark bush, but the next scene, it is obvious that she is just wearing dark underwear.
Old 04-18-04, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Ketamine
I just took a look. One shot looked that way if she has a pretty thick dark bush, but the next scene, it is obvious that she is just wearing dark underwear.
she's said in interviews that she doesnt shave down there...coincedence?
Old 04-18-04, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by isamu
she's said in interviews that she doesnt shave down there...coincedence?
How did this quote come up? Still, way too thick for Asian pubic hair. I have no way to screen capture or I would post the shot. Any help?
Old 04-19-04, 01:28 AM

Originally posted by cultshock
I don't think so, if you look at the Japanese airport scene (I guess it was supposed to be Narita, but it didn't really look like it), you can see fellow travellers carrying around katanas as well. I think that in Tarantino's world, many people in Japan walk around carrying them. That's be cool.
When I tried to take my Katana inside the plane 2 year ago,sealed and the security was not happy at all they had my whole bag searced and the Katana hand carried by the Pilot until my final destination.
Old 04-21-04, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gonna bump this thread up as I just saw KB V.1.

*spoilers*

Some thoughts and ramblings ...

- Julie Dreyfus' character should have been long dead after getting her arm sliced right off.

I'm no expert but i'm thinking she should have bled to death way before The Bride would have a chance to finish off fighting O-Ren's posse, the whole Crazy 88 gang and O-Ren herself ... then get her into the trunk, drive her to the nearest hospital (which incidently you can roll down potential clients down the hill right to Emerg), give her the "pep" talk and down she goes.

- For deadly assassins you could definitely tell that Uma's reflex times are sl...ooo...www during certain points of the movie. Like when Uma and Vivica are in the kitchen and Vivica quickly raises something and Uma reacts very slowly - for an assassin anyways. Thought it was hilarious that Vivica would miss from point blank. But I guess that's because of the cereal. Didn't notice the "Kaboom" label though.

- I did notice all the scabbards/katanas placed around the movie for added effect to illustrate QT's world. On the plane, the one across the aisle too. Like they allow katanas on planes. That was funny. On the bikes as well.

- seeing the movie makes me want to buy some ASICS wrestling shoes. Yellow ones.

- sometimes Uma looks good and sometimes she scary. Damn, she's got big feet too. Although she's probably close to 6 feet tall I hear.

- I guess if you are a DIVA you have money stashed away somewhere to afford a one way plane ticket to Okinawa etc ...

- you would think that after Uma wastes Buck and takes his keys ... that 13 hours later they would have found Buck, found him dead with his head smashed in, the other guy laying dead in the middle of the "comatose" room with 2-3 other patients laying there as well. You would think they would trace back to his car parked in the lot. Especially one with "***** Wagon" emblazoned on the back. Hardly invisible.

- for all assassins they are in terrible shape. No Elektras among them. At least Garner was in awesome shape. I guess Bill picks out his assassins from the Victoria Secret catalog.

- Lucy Liu is short! So, her whole gang must be short too! I mean, Liu is maybe 5'3" and i'm being generous there.

That's about it. I enjoyed it. Love the blood spurting. Had a good laugh and was entertained. Guess i'll have to see Vol 2.
Old 04-21-04, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Originally posted by bill_n_opus

Some thoughts and ramblings ...

- Julie Dreyfus' character should have been long dead after getting her arm sliced right off.

I'm no expert but i'm thinking she should have bled to death way before The Bride would have a chance to finish off fighting O-Ren's posse, the whole Crazy 88 gang and O-Ren herself ... then get her into the trunk, drive her to the nearest hospital (which incidently you can roll down potential clients down the hill right to Emerg), give her the "pep" talk and down she goes.

- I did notice all the scabbards/katanas placed around the movie for added effect to illustrate QT's world. On the plane, the one across the aisle too. Like they allow katanas on planes. That was funny. On the bikes as well.

- seeing the movie makes me want to buy some ASICS wrestling shoes. Yellow ones.

- I guess if you are a DIVA you have money stashed away somewhere to afford a one way plane ticket to Okinawa etc ...

- you would think that after Uma wastes Buck and takes his keys ... that 13 hours later they would have found Buck, found him dead with his head smashed in, the other guy laying dead in the middle of the "comatose" room with 2-3 other patients laying there as well. You would think they would trace back to his car parked in the lot. Especially one with "***** Wagon" emblazoned on the back. Hardly invisible.

Addressing these four points:

- yes in the real world Julie Dreyfus would have definitely bled to death. Hell, really she got both arms cut off. But sometimes ya just gotta throw logic out the window

- in Tarantino's version of Japan, many people walk around and travel with their trusty katanas. That would be cool, but yeah, in the real world, I've never seen this in Japan.

- Onitsuka Tiger in Japan made official yellow Kill Bill shoes,
almost just like Uma wore (about $100 US for regular, $150 for high tops). Not sure if you can still get them, they might have been limited, but damn they looked cool

- I thought the same thing after the first time I saw the film. Other posters have given possibilities like: Buck might have been in charge of the coma ward, and the patients wouldn't have needed a hell of a lot of care, so I guess its remotely possible that 13 hours could go by without anyone noticing. Again, maybe you have to throw logic out of the window and enjoy the film

Last edited by cultshock; 04-21-04 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-21-04, 03:05 AM

Here is the shoes in Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...145510096&rd=1
Old 04-21-04, 03:12 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
this film rocks!

stuff the little errors!

this film rocks!
Old 04-21-04, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cultshock

- Onitsuka Tiger in Japan made official yellow Kill Bill shoes,
almost just like Uma wore (about $100 US for regular, $150 for high tops). Not sure if you can still get them, they might have been limited, but damn they looked cool

Do they have the "F*** U" version?
Old 04-21-04, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Ketamine
He didn't qualify that she was the best with edged weapons. I took this as Vernita thinking she was the best at everything, not just the knife. Whether she was the best or not, I don't know.
I believe Uma's line was "one of the best", "one of" being the qualifier. Vernita is saying that she is THE best with edged weapons not one of the best.
Old 04-21-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know what many people say - that errors (continuity, logic ...) whether intentional or not are part of QT's world and we just live in it ... well, I have no problem with that.

It certainly makes it more enjoyable to be able to pick apart a movie after subsequent viewings. It means that the movie was good and not bad.

I just find some of those errors quite funny (and blatant at times) but i'm sure that QT has laughed to himself in the editing room and said "F**K it! That's hilarious! Let's do this ... leave that in" etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.