Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

House of Wax re-make w/ Elisha Cuthbert and....Paris Hilton?!?!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

House of Wax re-make w/ Elisha Cuthbert and....Paris Hilton?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was pretty decent. Really enjoyed the first kill and was caught off guard by it.
Spoiler:
I didn't think he would get it and it was pretty graphic that he was drugged, his clothes cut off and the next scene is naked in the chair with wax being squirted all over him.

MY question is, how can a House made of wax not melt in the sun?
And...why did they have to leave the ending open for a sequel????
Old 05-14-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This. Movie. Was. A. Piece. Of. Shit.

Who the fuck at Warner Brothers thought it would be a good idea to make a slasher film that not only lasted two hours, but thought that the first hour of the film should be set-up for non-existant character development? Unless you're John Carpenter who can actually use an hour of a slasher film to build up to mood of the film to have you on the edge of your seats for the last half an hour of the movie, don't fucking try it yourself. I like my horror films in all shapes and sizes, but if it's a slasher film and you're not Mr. Carpenter; I wan't the death toll to be extremely high and extremely fast. I don't have the time or patience to see a bunch of terrible twenty-something actors bitch and moan at each other for 60 minutes before one of them finally bites the dust.

Other than a few good death scenes, I still cry that I spent money on this movie the other night. The film might've been good; you know, if it had better actors, better execution, a better soundtrack, and a running time that was 30 minutes shorter.
Old 05-14-05, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back from seeing this & I enjoyed it. I liked the violence & that they showed how he applied the wax. I assumed that the first character who died who be the first one who died when I saw the trailer, but it was still cool. It was cool to see Paris die, I think everyone likes that. The movie was a little long, but I liked it. It took me forever to place the good looking brother & then I was like, oh yeah Whipped!.
Old 09-15-05, 03:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
House of Wax is surprising good !

I know a lot of people skipped this at the theatres and have waited for the dvd

I've just seen it on dvd, it is not bad at all.

I know a lot of people were put off by Paris Hilton but

a) she isn't it in much
b) she strips down to her bra and panties
c) she dies

the killing of one of the twins with a baseball bat at the end was well vicious ! loved it!

A lot of pretty creepy bits too

Not a classic but not as bad as everyone thinks it is
Old 09-15-05, 05:25 AM
Suspended

Did you notice that every scene she has in House of Wax, is shot in exactly the same way to the scenes in One Night in Paris, in the same order they appear in the respective films?
Old 09-15-05, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Forum Troll
Did you notice that every scene she has in House of Wax, is shot in exactly the same way to the scenes in One Night in Paris, in the same order they appear in the respective films?
You mean in night-vision and reamed from behind?
Old 09-15-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i liked it, as horror movies the characters kept doing dumb things but i liked it. Paris hilton i didnt like but she wasnt in it much and she dies nice. The thing that stands out is the sets at the end. they are awesome. everything melting. one of the coolest things i have seen in a long time. I liked the whole cast exept for Paris Hilton. But i think it was funny how they made her being pretty sluttly and did appear alot like from her home movie
Old 09-15-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
You mean in night-vision and reamed from behind?
Old 09-15-05, 12:40 PM
Banned

Paris was actually pretty good in this film. You have to understand she is not an actress. Primarily shes a musician. I think Paris will only do better roles in the future, such as her short yet effective turn in 'Raising Helen' (one of my favorite films). I gotta start a thread for that movie.

But the way they killed her off was just too grisly. I mean, the whole spoke through the head thing with brain spillin out was just horrible. But yeah, the film was amazing. I loved the end where the entire house came melting down, so cool. A concept I hadnt seen in motion before. for sure!

Its worth purchasing, this film.
Old 09-15-05, 12:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Cottington
Primarily shes a musician.
You should let her know that too.
Old 09-15-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
I'll give it a rent when it comes out, regardless.

*cringes at the spoilers*

bah, who really cares....
Old 09-15-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really enjoyed the film, I was surprised how entertaining it was.
Old 09-15-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was bored silly by the entire thing. Elisha was attractive...blah blah blah. All in all, Paris getting impaled was one of the sole highlights for me. As for her being a "musician", I refrain from comment. That one's far too easy.
Old 09-15-05, 05:37 PM

Paris was actually pretty good in this film.
But the way they killed her off was just too grisly. I mean, the whole spoke through the head thing with brain spillin out was just horrible.
That's the point of slasher violence,to be horrible and grisly to view and make you think "ouch,that is so not cool!". Also to be blown away with "Holy shit,did you see that?".

So this death scene delivered on all accounts,even if it did dwell on it far longer than the other death scenes. But that is what made it so effective. Just when you thought it was over and would cut away,we're still left observing the carnage with one final messy punch line.

I loved it

..and yes I thought it was a good suspensfull/thrilling little movie. The only Dark Castle picture I have enjoyed so far.
Old 09-15-05, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Primarily shes a musician...

But the way they killed her off was just too grisly. I mean, the whole spoke through the head thing with brain spillin out was just horrible.
Coincidentally, those are the exact adjectives I would use to describe Paris' music.
Old 09-15-05, 09:10 PM

Paris was actually pretty good in this film. You have to understand she is not an actress. Primarily shes a musician. I think Paris will only do better roles in the future, such as her short yet effective turn in 'Raising Helen' (one of my favorite films). I gotta start a thread for that movie.

But the way they killed her off was just too grisly. I mean, the whole spoke through the head thing with brain spillin out was just horrible. But yeah, the film was amazing. I loved the end where the entire house came melting down, so cool. A concept I hadnt seen in motion before. for sure!

Its worth purchasing, this film.

How is she a musician? she doesnt even have a cd out yet. the real is only known for partying and her sextape
Old 09-15-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

geez people can we get some spoiler tags or a spoiler alert in the title? I thought i was just looking in on an opinion of how good it was (and it was) then spoilers started appearing
Old 09-16-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw this twice in the theater and loved it. Definitely earns its R rating.
Old 09-16-05, 07:57 AM
Banned

In case you didnt know, Paris has a single called 'Screwed' which is easily available on the net (rawlikesashimi.blogspot.com etc) and also her work on 'caught up in the rapture' with some rapper or something. Both these songs are excellent.
Old 09-16-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i loved it too.... it was right up there with Invasion Earth and Too fast Too furious, an instant classic
Old 09-17-05, 03:19 AM

In case you didnt know, Paris has a single called 'Screwed'
Did she do a soundtrack to her own video? What's the name of her second single? Fucked in the Arse?
Old 09-17-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by glassdragon
geez people can we get some spoiler tags or a spoiler alert in the title? I thought i was just looking in on an opinion of how good it was (and it was) then spoilers started appearing
for the most part, this was well known before hand (hell the poster even featured her death

from imdb
Warner Brothers granted Paris Hilton permission to sell t-shirts that read "On May 6th, Watch Paris Die" in order to promote the film before its release.
Old 09-17-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
for the most part, this was well known before hand (hell the poster even featured her death

from imdb
Warner Brothers granted Paris Hilton permission to sell t-shirts that read "On May 6th, Watch Paris Die" in order to promote the film before its release.
Yeah i knew she died, but soemone even said HOW she dies which is what i was talking about
Old 09-17-05, 06:11 PM

having a single doesnt make her a musician
Old 09-17-05, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Oraphus
i loved it too.... it was right up there with Invasion Earth and Too fast Too furious, an instant classic
OOOOOOOOO Cinema Snobishness!

As if anyone was calling this film an 'instant classic',and comparing it to the films you mentioned.

It was good film though and one of the better U.S mainstream horror releases this year(Land of the Dead being #1).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.