Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Under and Over For Swept Away

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-02, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swept Away Runs 93 minutes Madonnas new disaster directed by her husband Guy Ritchie who should have his head examend for marrying her.I would like to know how many minutes into it you were before you walked out of it and asked the theater manager for a refund. I lasted 39 minutes and every one of those minutes were torture. I think the Under should be 45 minutes if your educated and have half a brain. If you make it untill the end you should have yourself checked for mental illness.
Old 10-11-02, 09:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I say this movie will have a two week life in the theatres (at the most).
Old 10-11-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Under and Over For Swept Away

Originally posted by coolhandluke35
I lasted 39 minutes and every one of those minutes were torture.... If you make it untill the end you should have yourself checked for mental illness.

Me, I'm not even crazy enough to have bought a ticket in the first place!
Old 11-10-02, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it appears that the movie won't be released in britain, it's going straight to video! ouch! guy must be really pissed.

here's the source from E!:

SWEPT ASIDE: Madonna's latest movie, Swept Away, directed by her husband Guy Ritchie (Snatch), bypassing theaters in Britain, its distributor said on Friday, after flopping in the U.S. and going straight to video instead.

Last edited by hgar78; 11-10-02 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-10-02, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
According to boxofficemojo:

Total as of Oct. 27, 2002: $598,645
Old 11-10-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hgar78
it appears that the movie won't be released in britain, it's going straight to video! ouch! guy must be really pissed.

here's the source from E!:

SWEPT ASIDE: Madonna's latest movie, Swept Away, directed by her husband Guy Ritchie (Snatch), bypassing theaters in Britain, its distributor said on Friday, after flopping in the U.S. and going straight to video instead.
at least this saves his reputation in Britain.

I want a poster, hehehe.
Old 12-22-03, 10:08 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Ok, so I spent my Monday night watching this movie on HBO. I can't say I enjoyed it all that much and more often than not, most of the time I was wondering what in the heck Guy Ritchie and Madonna were doing making this movie. It's as if they decided to make a movie while on vacation - that's kind of what it felt like - a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants story that wasn't all that good in the first place.
Old 12-23-03, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I rented the dvd, and I was very sorry for it. The first half or so of the movie isn't too bad. Some parts are even funny, but as soon as the relationship starts developing between Madonna and Giuseppe the movie becomes terribly ludicrous. I think my main problem is that the movie establishes that Madonna's character has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and then in the span of a couple days she turns into a timid housewife, the complete opposite of what she was. I hope Guy Ritchie gets his career back on track. Lock Stock was a great little film, but everything he's done since has been less than stellar.
Old 12-23-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
I watched this last week when it was on HBO too. I missed the first 15 or so minutes and kept thinking....did any of these characters have any redeeming qualities whatsoever that they might have displayed at the beginning? Apparantly not!

What a crappy, sad, boring and nonsensical movie. Ugh....