Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

NEWS!! One & Only Spider-man 2 NEWS!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

NEWS!! One & Only Spider-man 2 NEWS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great News!!! J.K. Simmons will be returning as J. Jonah Jameson for Spider-man 3!!! Simmons is the awesome as old JJ!
Old 05-06-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
So they screened 15 mins of the movie at work today. (Lucky me, huh Jack )

Here's what I saw (if you don't want to know, don't read):

Spoiler:
Basically, it starts with the Peter/MJ conversation in the diner. Apparantly, he's already given up the costume. Blah blah blah, the car thru the window. Lots of Raimi-esque camera work with the push ins, yada yada. To get to Spidey, go thru Peter. Blah blah... tell Spidey to meet me here. Ock walks off with MJ after slamming Peter. Peter gets up and strikes a pose. He's got to become Spidey again.

Not sure if there was a cut in here or not but we switch to the Bugle. JJJ is talking about how MJ got kidnapped. Robbie is saying well, only one guy could face Ock. JJJ gets sympathetic about Spidey and we see he has the costume on his wall. turns awaay and the costume is gone, starts to curse out Spidey. Sees the note re: Your friendly neighborhood Spider-man.

Spidey swinging thru the city to get to Ock. They face off on that clock tower in the trailer. Brutal scene but good to see how far Spidey has adapted to using his webshooters. Fight fight fight, fall to the L-train. Fight on the moving train. Spidey is in and out of the train. Ock tries to distract him but chucking commuters. More good usage of the webshooters. Lots of dodging hanging things and opposing L-trains. Ock sets the train to do an imitation of the subway in Speed and leaves, forcing Spidey to save the train. Spidey goes to the front of the train. He takes his mask off! In full view of passengers. Starts to think, he looks down and tries it the Flinstones way by putting his foot down to slow it. He just eats up the wooden tracks. At this point, he takes a different approach, bracing himself he shoots webs at the passing buildings to slow the train. Strains but the buildings just crumble under the force. The train is coming to the end of the tracks. So Spidey really braces himself and starts to shoot a lot of webs at the passing buildings. The strain of trying to hold back the train has train frame bending around him. He succeeds but he's exhausted. The patrons of the train pull him inside. Again HE HAS NO MASK ON! The crowd is amazed its just a kid. Two kids bring his mask and he puts it on. "We won't tell anyone"

Ock steps back into the train. NY'ers say you want him, you have to get thru us. Ock says fine and pins them to the wall while he smacks Spidey and we end on an unconscious Spidey.

Amazing stuff. Some temp animation but otherwise it looks clean. I still think Spidey is a little too clean in some of his movement, where his movements seem robotic and not fluid. I also like how much Spidey has mastered some of his fighting and webshooting skills. I'm assuming this all has to lead to the point in the trailer where Ock hands Spidey over to Osborne.
Old 05-07-04, 08:58 AM

That awesome! The JJJ moment does sound funny. I can't wait until the end of June!
Old 05-07-04, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the visual FX in the sequel don't even look as convicing as the the first one
I agree spidey looked way too clean
when I saw the new trailer on TV, it opened with a CGI shot of spidey and i though it was promoting the video game
Old 05-09-04, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by syphon00
the visual FX in the sequel don't even look as convicing as the the first one
I agree spidey looked way too clean
when I saw the new trailer on TV, it opened with a CGI shot of spidey and i though it was promoting the video game
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I had a comment but Im not about to assume anything so uhhh ok.
Old 05-09-04, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
(Lucky me, huh Jack)
No IM? No "hey jack, wanna see 15 minutes of spidey 2"?, No "Do I have a surprise for you Jack!" ?

Where has the love gone? Where has the love gone indeed?
Old 05-09-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
No IM? No "hey jack, wanna see 15 minutes of spidey 2"?, No "Do I have a surprise for you Jack!" ?

Where has the love gone? Where has the love gone indeed?
Didn't know they were going to show it. Like I expected it at a fiscal year end meeting?
Old 05-09-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
So.. that SACRIFICE's pretty neat.. wink wink...
Old 05-13-04, 12:41 PM

Some more awesome pics....

Old 06-07-04, 09:35 AM

Over at Aint It Cool News...Moriarty has seen the movie and has written a review. I have the link below; however, due to the large amounts of traffic it's not loading.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17745

I guess keep trying.
Old 07-01-04, 08:52 AM

I loved the ending!!! MJ just watching Spider-man taking off to save someone, just awesome. It kinda sets up the mode for Spidey 3....MJ dealing with the fact Peter is Spider-man.
Old 07-01-04, 12:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
now we are even resurrecting threads from feb 2003? when will the madness end!!
Old 07-01-04, 01:12 PM

I dont know Mr Favorite Scene/Moment in Spidey2
Old 07-01-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by scott1598
now we are even resurrecting threads from feb 2003? when will the madness end!!
because it has more meat then the majority of the new repost threads that are showing up.
Old 07-01-04, 01:47 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
because it has more meat then the majority of the new repost threads that are showing up.
not really considering 99% of the thread is past tense. while the current ones are real time discussions about just viewed material. much more relevant than knowing that alfred molina is going to play a bad guy in the new spider-man movie!!