Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Have you ever laughed (alone and) "inappropriately" at a movie theater?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Have you ever laughed (alone and) "inappropriately" at a movie theater?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-02, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Have you ever laughed (along and) "inappropriately" at a movie theater?

ALONG=ALONE

I laughed a few seconds before the
Spoiler:
Yoda "The Matrix" pose
in AOTC. ONLY one in the theater. My sister shushed me. A few seconds later when the actual scene comes, the rest of the theater laughs.

Old 06-05-02, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brad pitt
Spoiler:
getting tossed around by two cars in meet joe black
oh man, I laughed, I cried, i had a moment. I even yelled up at the projectionist to replay that part (There was only about 3 people in the theater)
Old 06-05-02, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Everyone at the theatre laughed at the part in Very Bad Things where Adam (David Stern's character)

Spoiler:
gets crushed by the van

I saw this movie with my parents the next night (BIG mistake!) and laughed uncontrollably when that happenned but the crowd was different and no one laughed.

Also, I laughed at the scene in Schindler's List where the officer asks a crowd of prisoners who did something bad and a little boy points at the guy they killed a few seconds earlier. The ingenuity was surprising.
Old 06-05-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I've laughed alone once though I didn't think it was inappropriate:

Dr. Doolittle
Spoiler:
when Eddie Murphy goes to the dog pound and one of the dogs says I am Keyser Soze
my mom and I rolled on the floor and everyone else in the theatre looked at us like we were nuts. I guess no one else got the joke.
Old 06-05-02, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me too with Brad Pitt, it was late, and the only reason I went was to see the Star Wars TPM trailer. I almost fell asleep and don't really remember the rest, but that was FUNNY! Also, when I went to see a film and they showed a trailer of "Great Balls of Fire" with Dennis Quaid acting all campy with that stupid hair-do, I was ROFL and people seriously thought I was on drugs, but if you have ever seen that trailer..... When I saw the actual film, the scene where he marries Wynona Ryder, the look on her face is priceless, made me crack up again. Does that answer your question? <grin>
Old 06-05-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Full Metal Jacket

Spoiler:
When private Pile shot the drill instructor. 2 of my friends and I were crying with laughter. Everyone else in the theatre was quiet. I guess they were in shock or something
Old 06-05-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
During Man on the Moon, when Andy Kaufman (Carrey) was in full Tony Clifton mode on the set of "Taxi", I was laughing so loud at some parts that weren't even supposed to be that humorous, I almost had to leave the theater.

Honk!
Old 06-05-02, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The part in Pulp Fiction
Spoiler:
where Travolta blows off the guys head in the car
Old 06-05-02, 12:13 PM

AOTC
Spoiler:
As soon as Yoda shows up on the fighter/APC think i started cracking up...lasted right until the end of the movie

All of A Knight's Tale
Old 06-05-02, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally posted by Mourn
AOTC
Spoiler:
As soon as Yoda shows up on the fighter/APC think i started cracking up...lasted right until the end of the movie

All of A Knight's Tale
THAT'S when I laughed, when he showed up
Old 06-05-02, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by DumDum
The part in Pulp Fiction
Spoiler:
where Travolta blows off the guys head in the car
Yeah, for some reason, this scene cracks me up every time.
Old 06-05-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

During the initial theater run of "Under the Rainbow" - the really, really horrible fictional account of the making of "The Wizard of Oz," starring Chevy Chase - my friend and I laughed for about 10 minutes after this dialogue exchange:

"The pearl is in the river."

"Thank you."
Old 06-05-02, 02:30 PM

Man In the Iron Mask. I laughed almost the entire time.
Old 06-05-02, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Me and my brother did when Jurassic Park was first released. It's the part when the raptor jumps out at Laura Dern when she is in the electrical center when she finds the arm. We started laughing more at the people screaming because they were scared than anything else.
Old 06-05-02, 02:43 PM

In We Were Soldiers, during the montage where Galloway was taking pictures (and pictures were scrolling by in the background) My friend and I were just cracking up at how absolutely horrible that was. As I said in the We Were Soldiers thread, MAYBE if it had just been the pictures it would have been alright. However, having Galloway in front of them pretending like he's taking them was so so very terrible
Old 06-05-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
This one's bad.

A long time ago (still in high school), me and about 3 friends went to see The Running Man at the theater. During a scene where a bad guy, who happens to be black, is thretening Arnold, one of my friends bluts out "F'n n***er". Even though he was just trying to get a reaction from us, the rest of us were appauled. I was even more shocked when the guy 2 rows in front of us turned around at the comment and was black. We all just sunk into our seats and couldn't wait until it was over, at which point we jetted out of there. We gave our friend a really hard time and vowed to never see a movie with him again.
Old 06-05-02, 03:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
When I saw Andy Warhol's Sleep I started laughing uncontrolably at about the four hour mark. You all know what I'm talking about...where the guy scratches his ear briefly. I got a lot of dirty looks and shushes for that one.
Old 06-05-02, 04:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Boogie Nights:
Spoiler:
When Little Bill blows out his brains at the party. Every one was shocked but I got a little chuckle out of it (I think it was his little smile before he pulls the trigger that did it).
Old 06-05-02, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Titanic: Every time Billy Zane wiggled his unibrow ....

and when the guy falls and hits the propeller because the
Spoiler:
ship
sinks .
Old 06-05-02, 04:28 PM

My friend Kelly & I laughed through the entire showing of Armageddon...especially the
Spoiler:
space dementia
part. The other 2 friends we were with were sobbing, but Kelly & I just couldn't stop laughing. You know, I'm laughing right now just thinking about it
Old 06-05-02, 04:45 PM
Banned

the entire film of "happiness"...no one else did...weird
Old 06-05-02, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually now I remember my cousin and I laughed hysterically for the last 30 minutes of A.I. -- it was so horribly bad that between tears we pleaded with the movie to stop. Spielberg.
Old 06-05-02, 08:06 PM

Oh yah, also AOTC when Obi-wan refered to a planet as being "south" (someone just reminded me of that). That cracked me up.

In one of the Friday the 13'th movies when Jason picks up a girl (i think) in a sleeping bag and kills her by swinging her against a tree...i was practically on the floor.

Edited because i started both sentences with "Oh yah." Damnit.
Old 06-05-02, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I wasn't there, but one of my friends laughed during a lot of Saving Private Ryan in the theater
I guess it was full of veterans and my other friends had to keep telling him to shut up
Old 06-05-02, 10:57 PM

As sad as it was, the scene from Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise in the nightclub had me laughing my a** off. Either it was the self-depricating humor, or I am just sick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.