Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-11, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Yeah I own the Halloween triple feature from Canada and I'm happy with the transfers on it so I won't rebuy those movies, but I will be looking into From Dusk Till Dawn. I hope they announce some of the Children of the Corn sequels on blu, I've always been a fan of those.
Old 03-22-11, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
It's the movie poster, which is the same style as the other 3. Looks pretty much the same as the dvd artwork to me too. The widescreen banner at the top isn't really necessary though.
I think the complaint probably is more that they just took a picture of the DVD release (You can still see the DVD case around the artwork) shrunk it down and photoshopped it onto a blank Blu-Ray case image. It does look really crappy and unprofessional to have on their site.
Old 03-22-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
I think the complaint probably is more that they just took a picture of the DVD release (You can still see the DVD case around the artwork) shrunk it down and photoshopped it onto a blank Blu-Ray case image. It does look really crappy and unprofessional to have on their site.
Ah, your right. Hopefully that was only as a temp or something. That really is shitty.

Edit: Looks like they did go with proper artwork for the actual release.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...G5SOYE/dvdtalk
Old 03-22-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
The DIVX DVDs looked pretty good.
You mean DIVIMAX, don't you? Unless you're really referring to the dead format that Circuit City promoted back in the early days of DVD. As far as I can tell, none of the Halloween films ever appeared on that format, but SCREAM and THE CROW: CITY OF ANGELS did.

Old 03-22-11, 08:10 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrown498
You mean DIVIMAX, don't you? Unless you're really referring to the dead format that Circuit City promoted back in the early days of DVD. As far as I can tell, none of the Halloween films ever appeared on that format, but SCREAM and THE CROW: CITY OF ANGELS did.

Haha, yeah, DIVXMAX. They released great versions of 4/5 a couple years back.
Old 03-22-11, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SEs of 4/5 are also available in a double feature that was $5 at Wal-Marts.
Old 03-24-11, 03:10 PM

Anchor Bay needs to get off their butts and release BDs of 4 and 5 stat! Did anyone listen to the audio commentary of 4 with Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris. It's funny to listen to because they don't seem to have a clue as to what's going on in the Halloween universe.
Old 03-24-11, 05:41 PM

So, I have a slightly relevant update. I saw the DVDs of some of these releases at K-mart. There is a Miramax banner on the front and Echo Bridge is on the back. I saw a Children of the Corn collection, jammed on one disc. I also saw the first two Prophecy movies on one disc. They had individual releases, like The Faculty and Dracula 2000. They ranged from $5 - 7.50 on DVD. No sign of the Blu-rays...
Old 03-25-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blu-ray.com
According to early retailer information, on May 10 Echo Bridge Home Entertainment will release on Blu-ray no fewer than seven movies from the Miramax/Dimension catalog: Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest, Dracula 2000, Equilibrium, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Hellraiser: Bloodline, Supercop and Texas Rangers. List price is $19.99. No disc details are available yet.
The source.
Old 03-25-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd be in for Halloween 6, Hellraiser 4 and Equilibrium.
Old 03-25-11, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Definitely would pick up Equilibrium if it was in the correct OAR.
Old 03-25-11, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Definitely would pick up Equilibrium if it was in the correct OAR.
I thought the current canadian release was OAR. Plus, it includes 2 commentaries and a featurette.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-2&seller=
Old 03-25-11, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
I thought the current canadian release was OAR. Plus, it includes 2 commentaries and a featurette.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-2&seller=
It's listed as 2:35:1, but this review I read said it's really in 1:78:1

http://project-blu.com/reviews/equilibrium_ca.html
Old 03-25-11, 10:10 PM

Echo Bridge is releasing a bunch of bluray doubles on May 15th according to amazon

Bluray Doubles
Old 03-25-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by IGotsNewShoes
Echo Bridge is releasing a bunch of bluray doubles on May 15th according to amazon

Bluray Doubles
Thanks I just pre ordered the Duplex/My bosses daughter double feature.
Old 03-25-11, 11:15 PM

Double-discs? Probably means the features will be minimal,
Old 03-25-11, 11:17 PM

Most likely, but for 17.49 they still seem like a good deal
Old 03-26-11, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm..I wonder if the later Halloween films will have the same transfers that showed up on the Halloween Triple Pack (Canadian Blu-Rays)
Old 03-26-11, 12:44 AM

I'm not sure if it's worth an upgrade if it's just a touched up same transfer.

8.75 for a new transfer isn't worth it IMO.

I'd like some new extras. :/
Old 03-26-11, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Considering they released single through quad DVD releases, I think I'll wait on From Dusk and Hellraiser to see if they do a tri and quad set respectively.
Old 03-26-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm in for Supercop depending on the transfer.
Old 03-28-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Double feature titles were announced on Blu-ray.com this morning. I'm on my iPad at work, so it's kind of a bitch to copy/paste/quote on this guy.

All I know is that I'm going to have Aaron Jackson personally sign my Blu-ray copy of Children of the Corn V / Children of the Corn 666 double-feat. Boom. Winning.
Old 03-28-11, 03:21 PM

They were announced in post 114 too
Old 03-31-11, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To my surprise I just picked up a copy of "The Yards" (sticker price 9.99) on Blu-ray over at my local Best buy. Not sure if all best buys are putting them out, I know Best Buy has been known to get certain windows to sell exclusive blu-rays before the rest of the chains are allowed or if it this was simply a mistake but it was quite the pleasant surprise.
Old 03-31-11, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

So any Special Features? Lossless?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.