Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Challenge Proposal: Adding a 13th?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: Should we add another Challenge?
Thank you sir, may I have another
43.24%
Just say no
51.35%
Twikoff
5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Challenge Proposal: Adding a 13th?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-16, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Challenge Proposal: Adding a 13th?

I use every challenge I participate in to work on watching all of the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die (actually it's now 1,178 if you count every one that's ever been listed) so a month for the 1001 Movies would not hurt my feelings. Plus you have the full range of genres in there, so it would cover everything not already covered.
Old 09-16-16, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Screwadu
I use every challenge I participate in to work on watching all of the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die (actually it's now 1,178 if you count every one that's ever been listed) so a month for the 1001 Movies would not hurt my feelings. Plus you have the full range of genres in there, so it would cover everything not already covered.
How you coming along?

I was working it for awhile and I got a good chunk of it done.
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/1...r=public+enemy
Old 09-16-16, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I actually really like this idea.
Old 09-17-16, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One of the types of unofficial challenges at another forum I talked about earlier is based on long lists like that, except instead of a month, they're just ongoing.

Another one I like is the They Shoot Zombies Don't They? list https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/t...+theyquestion/
Old 09-17-16, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
How you coming along?

I was working it for awhile and I got a good chunk of it done.
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/1...r=public+enemy
I got around 350 and then my computer went to be with the Lord a few months ago along with the list of what I had already seen. So I'm back down to 89.

Holy garbage dude you're damn near finished!
Old 09-17-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There was a time when my goal was to be #1 in awards on that site and I finally managed to do it. Then I focused on some lists just for fun, like noir, or did lists related to challenges here. Then I just got tired of watching so many thing I wasn't enjoying and pretty much stopped.

I discovered a few really good movies this way but I also discovered a whole lot more I hated. Now I have no problem turning a movie off if it's not good. Before that, I'd finish everything, even if it took me half a year to get through.

This took me 6 months to finish and it's a standard length film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188247/reference

This is the movie that changed me into being ok with turning off a movie and never looking back http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306910/reference I went into this documentary not knowing a thing about her. An hour in, I still didn't know one thing about her. It was scene after scene from one of her movies and then the director would repeat the last part of the scene over and over. This documentary is over two and a half hours long. I wasn't about to sit through another hour and a half of the same thing.