Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

"Night of the Demon" Reviews/Discussion - 2015 Horror Challenge: Day 1

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

"Night of the Demon" Reviews/Discussion - 2015 Horror Challenge: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts
Re: "Night of the Demon" Reviews/Discussion - 2015 Horror Challenge: Day 1

Originally Posted by WillieMLF
I ended up finding the Code Red DVD at the house. It didn't look very good, but better than I thought it would. Scenes in the 'dark' were just blacked out with dialogue. It had some disclaimer at the beginning which mentioned the damaged print being the best they could do, and hoping it wouldn't detract from the viewers enjoyment. The audio was pretty bad, but I could hear what was being said for most of the movie.
Thanks, Willie. It sounds like I can save my money, since you make it sound like the Code Red DVD isn't that much, if any, better than any other print floating around right now.
Old 10-05-15, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WillieMLF
I ended up finding the Code Red DVD at the house. It didn't look very good, but better than I thought it would. Scenes in the 'dark' were just blacked out with dialogue. It had some disclaimer at the beginning which mentioned the damaged print being the best they could do, and hoping it wouldn't detract from the viewers enjoyment. The audio was pretty bad, but I could hear what was being said for most of the movie.
What's the time length on the Code Red title? I want to compare it to the other collection of films that had it.
Old 10-05-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Unfun Fact: The poster used in this thread is the alternate one Code Red used. The other one had whatever wrestling girl he uses as a host taking up a corner of the image, no guy, just Bigfoot in the background.

People were complaining about the cover art being dumb with the girl on it and saying how great it was that other companies provide a reversible cover so you could have the original artwork. Bill got mad and then changed it to this newer one but not as a reversible cover.
Old 10-06-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
Unfun Fact: The poster used in this thread is the alternate one Code Red used. The other one had whatever wrestling girl he uses as a host taking up a corner of the image, no guy, just Bigfoot in the background.

People were complaining about the cover art being dumb with the girl on it and saying how great it was that other companies provide a reversible cover so you could have the original artwork. Bill got mad and then changed it to this newer one but not as a reversible cover.
I'm really not surprised by Bill's response. I really don't know how the guy stays in business being as ornery as he is. I will check the run time when I get home tonight.
Old 10-06-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He's figured out that by holding back quantities, people will pay more than they're worth. On the flip side, I've also seen him say that rights holders have pulled back his distribution rights based on bad initial sales.

I'd think some of the more awful films that end up having poor sales, like Night of the Dribbler, could sell more if they'd pull a Mill Creek and do something like a 20 movie set for a reasonable price. I can somewhat imagine the movie set but not at a reasonable price.
Old 10-07-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Why did everyone who was getting killed or watching someone get killed sound like they were having sex. Just thought that was a little odd. The acting in this movie is atrocious but I guess that makes it more fun.
Old 10-15-15, 07:14 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Great pick Mondo, this is defiantly in my wheelhouse. Also I love Cinemassacre's Monster Madness!

It is weird to be just starting the challenge have already seen 2 dicks get ripped off though...
I was thinking that too, but can't remember the other film.
Originally Posted by clckworang
Oh, I should mention that I watched this through Amazon and was shocked at how bad it looked. There were even times when there were tracking lines. I had a friend come over while I was watching it, and he even asked if I was watching something on a VCR. Dark scenes made it difficult to discern anything. Not sure if any of the other links are any better, but Amazon's source was very poor.
I agree, but given the overall quality of the acting and effects, dark might have been ok.
Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
He's figured out that by holding back quantities, people will pay more than they're worth. On the flip side, I've also seen him say that rights holders have pulled back his distribution rights based on bad initial sales.

I'd think some of the more awful films that end up having poor sales, like Night of the Dribbler, could sell more if they'd pull a Mill Creek and do something like a 20 movie set for a reasonable price. I can somewhat imagine the movie set but not at a reasonable price.
Yep, this is a perfect film for one of those 20 or 50 packs.

That reminds me, every year I plan to get through one of my horror 50 packs (or the equivalent in 4/6/10 packs), need to open one of those up before it's too late.