Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Audio Issue with Curtis Mathes CMMBX130 BD Player

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I have my Curtis Mathes CMMBX130 Blu-ray player hooked up via HDMI.

Sometimes randomly when I boot it up, I don't get any audio. I'll have to turn off the unit completely (sometimes a couple times) and then back on for everything to go back to normal.

Is this an issue with the player or with the cable I'm using?
Old 03-25-11, 11:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Audio Issue with Curtis Mathes CMMBX130 BD Player

Funny you mention this. The no audio does happen to me, but only when I pause a movie for a very long time. Doesn't happen every time though. I simply power off then turn back on and it's fine.

Last edited by E Unit; 03-26-11 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-26-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Funny you mention this. The no audio does happen to me, but only when I pause a movie for a very long time. Doesn't happen every time though. I simply power off then turn back on and it's fine.
Interesting. I guess it's a weird player issue then?
Old 03-26-11, 11:03 PM
Banned by request

I suppose so. But so far it's played everything I've ever put in it, discs from Region A and B. The only thing that has not played in it is the audio BD of The Social Network soundtrack. So I'm not that concerned about the player glitch. If you are curious to find out more though, you can go to curtismathes.com and send them an email about it. I did a while back for a firmware update and they answered and sent it within a day.
Old 03-28-11, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I suppose so. But so far it's played everything I've ever put in it, discs from Region A and B. The only thing that has not played in it is the audio BD of The Social Network soundtrack. So I'm not that concerned about the player glitch. If you are curious to find out more though, you can go to curtismathes.com and send them an email about it. I did a while back for a firmware update and they answered and sent it within a day.
As with your player, it's not a big enough issue to email them about. Enough to post on DVDTalk though
Old 03-28-11, 06:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Curtis player plays region B blu-rays ? What about region 2 dvds ? Does it do PAL to NTSC conversion ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather; 03-28-11 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-28-11, 07:45 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by asianxcore
As with your player, it's not a big enough issue to email them about. Enough to post on DVDTalk though
Ha, true dat. They are very good about responding though, so they may have an answer, or dare I say a firnware update to address it.

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
The Curtis player plays region B blu-rays ? What about region 2 dvds ? Does it do PAL to NTSC conversion ?
Yes, yes, and yes. It's a great player that Target had online for sale a couple of holidays ago. But as soon as people found out about it, they dissappeared never to be seen from again. As far as I know, they no longer make this model (which is a clone of the Momitsu 899). In fact, they sold out almost immediately, but pretty much vanished. You see some every once in a while on eBay.
Old 03-29-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, yes, and yes. It's a great player that Target had online for sale a couple of holidays ago. But as soon as people found out about it, they dissappeared never to be seen from again. As far as I know, they no longer make this model (which is a clone of the Momitsu 899). In fact, they sold out almost immediately, but pretty much vanished. You see some every once in a while on eBay.
Yea, definitely weird how they disappeared off the face of the planet. There isn't even an Amazon page for the item anymore (there used to be)

The only other Momitsu Clone that can still be had pretty easily on Amazon (I think) is the Sherwood 5004

Ha, true dat. They are very good about responding though, so they may have an answer, or dare I say a firnware update to address it.
They responded to my old request for the first firmware update. Sent me a disc free of charge.

I'm almost afraid if they do have a firmware to fix the audio issue if it'll null the Region-Free capability. Too many horror stories with other players
Old 03-29-11, 05:56 PM
Banned by request

Don't be. They sent me a firmware update and i did it without issue.