Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-16, 01:49 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

I used it on the Tales of the Batman Tales by Alan Brennert collection, Amazon has a nice price of ~$16 before coupon.
Old 12-06-16, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The coupon is great for graphic novels and trades barely over $15. I picked up Neil Gaiman's newish Sandman (Overture? or something).
Old 12-07-16, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I used it on the Tales of the Batman Tales by Alan Brennert collection, Amazon has a nice price of ~$16 before coupon.
Code is still good, and I used it on the same book as Trevor. I already own it digitally, but I love the stories, and I like having physical copies of anthologies like this so I can easily flip through and read whatever I want. I looked through a lot of other titles, but most of them after discount were the same prices as In Stock Trades.
Old 12-07-16, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you have other things to get from Instocktrades, now is the time to jump on Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse trade for $5.99!

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/L...E-TP/JUN140282

This is 544 pages of Legion goodness right after the Great Darkness Saga. It's a crazy price, considering I paid a lot more for the hardcover edition.

I ended up going with the new Absolute Infinite Crisis at half off this week.
Old 12-08-16, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
If you have other things to get from Instocktrades, now is the time to jump on Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse trade for $5.99!

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/L...E-TP/JUN140282

This is 544 pages of Legion goodness right after the Great Darkness Saga. It's a crazy price, considering I paid a lot more for the hardcover edition.

I ended up going with the new Absolute Infinite Crisis at half off this week.
I love this era of the Legion so much that I own both The Curse and The Great Darkness Saga in both HC and digital. When I had only the HCs, I kept meaning to also get the TPBs for travel purposes, but the digitals now work for that. However, this will probably tempt me if I need a few bucks to hit the IST free-shipping threshold.
Old 12-08-16, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
I love this era of the Legion so much that I own both The Curse and The Great Darkness Saga in both HC and digital. When I had only the HCs, I kept meaning to also get the TPBs for travel purposes, but the digitals now work for that. However, this will probably tempt me if I need a few bucks to hit the IST free-shipping threshold.
I'll leave you the single issues in my will, so you'll have four versions!
Old 12-09-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'll leave you the single issues in my will, so you'll have four versions!
You're assuming I'm going to outlive you, but regardless, thanks for reminding me that I also have physical floppies of the Great Darkness Saga. Which was totally the way to read it back in the day, rather than now when the big reveal is right on the cover!

I must've gotten out of comics immediately afterward because I had never read the issues in The Curse.
Old 12-13-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 986 Likes on 695 Posts

Barnes and Noble currently has 15% off $60 and 20% off $100 coupons which (for the moment) will stack with the ongoing buy 2 get 1 free sale on Marvel and DC books. I assume it's online only, as I don't believe there are printable coupons. The details are on the front page of BN.com.

I ordered Avengers by Busiek and Perez v.2, Master of Kung-Fu v.2 and JSA by Johns v.2 for $154. Considering JSA v.2 has a $150 list price, and has never been lower than $71 on Amazon, I'm pretty happy with the deal.
Old 12-13-16, 11:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Barnes and Noble currently has 15% off $60 and 20% off $100 coupons which (for the moment) will stack with the ongoing buy 2 get 1 free sale on Marvel and DC books. I assume it's online only, as I don't believe there are printable coupons. The details are on the front page of BN.com.

thank you for the heads up, although i got on there within an hour of your post and i receive the error that i cant combine the two things =/.

having said that, since they seem to have price matched amazon on my choices and also have free shipping, it still turns out to be a pretty great deal.
Old 12-13-16, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by dishpan
thank you for the heads up, although i got on there within an hour of your post and i receive the error that i cant combine the two things =/.

having said that, since they seem to have price matched amazon on my choices and also have free shipping, it still turns out to be a pretty great deal.

actually let me amend that. it looks like maybe i have to hit the $60 threshold *after* the buy two get one free deal, in order for it to take the coupon. so might just have to throw another book or two on there. thanks!
Old 12-13-16, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I hate it when I have to throw another book on there.
Old 12-13-16, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
I hate it when I have to throw another book on there.
surprisingly, it appears you can do the buy 2 get 1 free more than once in the same order as well. so instead of adding 1 extra book to meet the dollar amount, i added three. the result was getting six books for the price of four. also that pushed me into the 20% off discount via that code. wow!
Old 12-13-16, 08:49 PM

I'm trying to buy three omnibi but can't get shipping below $50! I've tried two of the ones rocket mentioned but perhaps they're not free shipping anymore.
Old 12-14-16, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm trying to buy three omnibi but can't get shipping below $50! I've tried two of the ones rocket mentioned but perhaps they're not free shipping anymore.
That's a bummer. I admit that I don't really understand B&N's free shipping and why items are or aren't eligible. I imagine it must have to do with which of their warehouses have the books in stock. It still seems weird to me though.
Old 12-14-16, 11:01 AM

That's a bummer. I admit that I don't really understand B&N's free shipping and why items are or aren't eligible. I imagine it must have to do with which of their warehouses have the books in stock. It still seems weird to me though.
I even tried your exact order, making sure it was from B&N and not marketplace sellers, shipping $52. But it's ok, still trying to fully embrace digital and ignore these deals.
Old 12-15-16, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I ordered Avengers by Busiek and Perez v.2, Master of Kung-Fu v.2 and JSA by Johns v.2 for $154. Considering JSA v.2 has a $150 list price, and has never been lower than $71 on Amazon, I'm pretty happy with the deal.
It's a great deal...if they ship. I made a couple of similar orders in prior years with this sale and things turned out very badly. Someone at Barnes & Noble's fulfillment place goes over these orders by hand and seems to keep an eye if the deal is too "good" on the larger orders.

Long story short, they screwed over my carefully placed orders and I ended up with nothing. I will be very interested in hearing if the books all ship.
Old 12-15-16, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

What was their justification for cancelling your orders? That seems odd for such a big store to do, especially since they always have thee kinds of deals.
Old 12-15-16, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's a great deal...if they ship. I made a couple of similar orders in prior years with this sale and things turned out very badly. Someone at Barnes & Noble's fulfillment place goes over these orders by hand and seems to keep an eye if the deal is too "good" on the larger orders.

Long story short, they screwed over my carefully placed orders and I ended up with nothing. I will be very interested in hearing if the books all ship.
All 3 books shipped from different warehouses. I have 1 in hand and should have another tomorrow. The third I expect by Monday.
Old 12-19-16, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I wasn't aware that even with a BN membership, I could not get free shipping when I ordered 3 omnis. $50 shipping completely negates any savings from the sale. Their CS did offer me a one time refund on shipping. I got the two Sandman ominbus volumes along with Shield omnibus for $171.
Old 12-19-16, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

That's weird, I ordered Uncanny X-Men omnibus vols 1 and 2 and the Spider-Man Clone Saga omnibus on December 7 and got free shipping.
Old 12-19-16, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It comes down to the fact that some items are marked as eligible for free shipping and some are not. The part we can't seem to figure out is what makes an item eligible or not. When I placed my order last week, all 3 books were eligible. When I checked the same 3 later in the week, only 1 of the 3 was eligible.
Old 12-26-16, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

InStockTrades is having a 45% off sale on DC, Dark Horse, Marvel and Image. As well as bigger sales on select other books.

Midtown Comics is having a 40% sale on seemingly every book in-stock. I haven't ordered from them in a long while, but that includes titles from publishers like Boom, IDW, Dynamite and Titan that I don't see as often at that good of a discount. For anyone interested, there's Free Shipping on $75+ in comic books, graphic novels, books, magazines, and back issues. http://www.midtowncomics.com/

Midtown's Help page suggests all the books are "handled with great care", but has anyone ordered from them recently and recalls if they look NM?
Old 01-03-17, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Not recently, but I've ordered from Midtown a couple times in the past. I'd say they were graded accurately and they were packed extremely well.
Old 01-03-17, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I placed an order with Midtown a couple of years ago for the Saga v1 autographed hardcover they had. Added in some comic books I needed in order to qualify for free shipping.

Everything arrived securely packaged and accurately graded.
Old 01-05-17, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback TheBang & Josh-da-man. I appreciate it, though had to place the order already to get in on the deal.

Hopefully everything's watertight, as my package is supposed to be delivered Monday, when weather reports say we're going to be hit with downpours.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.