Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

For Better Or For Worse collection ever?

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that For Better or For Worse wasn't as hugely popular as Far Side or Calvin and Hobbes, but I'd be interested in a collection of all the For Better or For Worse strips in one book, especially since the series is now close to ending. Does anybody know of any plans for a collection like that?
Old 12-30-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
I agree. Because the characters actually grow and age, this strip would be nice to have in a collection.
Old 12-30-06, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This would be one huge collection. If they do something like this, I could see it being a short series of volumes instead of one big book.
Old 12-31-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by areacode212
This would be one huge collection. If they do something like this, I could see it being a short series of volumes instead of one big book.
Fantagraphics would be ideal for that kind of project, considering their work on Peanuts and Dennis the Menace.
Old 12-31-06, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can see something like this being released, but not for at least a few years. I'd say 2010 at the earliest, since the strip isn't ending until "sometime" next year.
Old 12-31-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How big would a collection like that be and how much would it cost? The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes ran 15 and 10 years respectively. For Better or Worse will have been around more than 28 years when all is said and done. That's a lot of strips.
Old 12-31-06, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
The strip is ending?
Old 12-31-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know...I think that if Fantagraphics (or some publisher) did it like the current sets collecting Peanuts and Dennis the Menace then we wouldn't have to wait until after the strip is done. Collect a year or two at a time. I'd vote for two years at a time, 14 volumes total. We wouldn't have to wait until 2010 for those early volumes to start rolling out.
Old 01-01-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bring this and bloom county on and i could die a happy man.
Old 11-21-07, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Old news, but...

http://panelsandpixels.blogspot.com/...-part-two.html

Q: There’s a rumor going around that you might be doing a collected For Better or For Worse collection, much like the Calvin and Hobbes and Far Side books. Do you have any plans for that sort of thing?

A: You know, I think that’s really completely up to the publisher, Andrews McMeel. I have a wonderful relationship with them. They’re very supportive and have given me tremendous freedom. That kind of book would be a good project perhaps, but I’m not collectible yet! I’m still working, I’m not dead!

I really honestly don’t know. I do know there will be a couple more collections that are the softcovers that you see [in stores]. There’s still more material in the archives that we haven’t put into books yet.

Ultimately that would be a huge, huge compliment, but it’s not something we’re planning today, no.