Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

3D Captain America at Target 19.99

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-14, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: 3D Captain America at Target 19.99

Amazon now has this for $19.99. Standard slipcover, of course.
Old 09-09-14, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone who got this at Target been able to get the "Exclusive Bonus Content" yet? The URL on the front sticker just bounces to the normal target.com page, then even when redeeming manually on targetticket.com there's no bonus feature.
Old 09-09-14, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
It may, but it didn't for ASM2, even though it worked online. But since there's no coupon this time, I'd just order online and get the TV Shows shipped and do a store pickup for the steelbook (if you can).
That's what I ended up doing. After going to two different stores looking for a particular tv title which neither one had in stock even though one store was showing it as being available. So I went out to my car and placed an order like you mentioned but for a different season that was giving the discount. The tv title I was wanting was not giving me the discount online despite being above the 14.99 threshold.

Btw, in case anyone was wondering, both of the stores I went to had about 10 copies each.
Old 09-09-14, 03:27 PM

I'm glad I pre-ordered at the last minute at Best Buy. Went to the store and both Homeland Season 3 and the steel book copy of Captain A were out of stock. So missed out on an additional $2 price-match for Homeland, but at least I got them both.
Old 09-09-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux
Has anyone who got this at Target been able to get the "Exclusive Bonus Content" yet? The URL on the front sticker just bounces to the normal target.com page, then even when redeeming manually on targetticket.com there's no bonus feature.
Nope. Apparently it's a mystery on it's whereabouts.
Old 09-09-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux
It doesn't exist. Like when Target covered up the fact their entire payment systems had been compromised, I really don't believe much of what Target promises these days. It wouldn't bother me if the chain goes bankrupt.
Old 09-09-14, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I bought the target version then bought the Winter Soldier version at Walmart.

They refused to match their own Web site so I have no problem keeping the slip and returning the movie.
Old 09-09-14, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw plenty of them at my target this morning but I went to BB and picked up Steelbook that I ordered this morning.
Old 09-10-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The Missing Bonus Material has been solved!

Go to Target Ticket

Go to the Redeem a Code part of the left panel

Choose Redeem a Disney Code

Then select Captain America with Bonus Material

The Featurette in question is called:

Creating the Visual Effects for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

It runs about 5 minutes

They also give you 3 other things already on the disc.

For those who already redeemed it yesterday and didn't get squat, try contacting Target Ticket via their website and complain. I heard they may issue you a $20 credit. Just use it to get something else. If you manage to get the credit, don't even waste your time getting this Exclusive.
Old 09-10-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Missing Bonus Material has been solved!

Go to Target Ticket

Go to the Redeem a Code part of the left panel

Choose Redeem a Disney Code

Then select Captain America with Bonus Material

It runs about 5 minutes

For those who already redeemed it yesterday and didn't get squat, try contacting Target Ticket via their website and complain. I heard they may issue you a $20 credit. Just use it to get something else. If you manage to get the credit, don't even waste your time getting this Exclusive.
Sent them an e-mail. We'll see what happens.
Old 09-10-14, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Can you redeem the bonus material separately from the movie? I want to trade the movie code for one I don't already have, I'd like to get the exclusive featurette but if it redeems at the same time as the movie I'll just trade it and forget about that. I already redeemed the Disney Rewards points separately.
Old 09-10-14, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I want to know if I can redeem the code on VUDU and then somehow redeem it on Target Ticket for the bonus content only? I would much rather have a digital copy on VUDU, I am not even sure Target Ticket will be around in a couple of years.
Old 09-10-14, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Missing Bonus Material has been solved!...

It runs about 5 minutes

Wow. weak sauce.
Happy I ended up just getting the steelbook at BB for $14.95. Bought Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire for $25 to get the deal, but $40 for the two seemed an equitable price.
Old 09-10-14, 04:18 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I want to know if I can redeem the code on VUDU and then somehow redeem it on Target Ticket for the bonus content only? I would much rather have a digital copy on VUDU, I am not even sure Target Ticket will be around in a couple of years.
I thought Target Ticket was just an Ultraviolet wrapper, same as Vudu and Flixster. I guess I haven't really figured this whole digital copy thing out, but it looked like all the sites shared my digital copies.

I still need to try the Disney digital copies, and see where they end up. I'm not sure if they work with Ultraviolet.
Old 09-10-14, 04:24 PM

Disney codes (which now also include anything from Marvel) are not UV- the ones I've redeemed ask you to pick just ONE provider (Vudu and a few others) and it then only shows up on that one. If you pick Target Ticket, that's the only way you'll be able to play it- and of course Target Ticket doesn't even have 5.1 sound.
Old 09-10-14, 09:22 PM

I put my code in the more marvel site. Boy those are some damn expensive collectable plush dolls. $40 for 1 after shipping or $109 for 3 after shipping. They are insane but I suspect some die hards will want them. I'll pass. I did get the Thor and the animated Heroes United exclusives but those were much more reasonably priced.
Old 09-10-14, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Target was out but Walmart price matched the 3D edition so I bought it there. I didn't see any versions at Target with the exclusive sticker on them either but doesn't sound like I'm missing out on much anyways so no big deal.
Old 09-11-14, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Can you redeem the bonus material separately from the movie? I want to trade the movie code for one I don't already have, I'd like to get the exclusive featurette but if it redeems at the same time as the movie I'll just trade it and forget about that. I already redeemed the Disney Rewards points separately.
Nope, the code redeems for the movie with special features.
I bought it right at open on Tuesday, and after redeeming and not getting the exclusive, emailed Target Ticket that morning. I finally got a response last night, where they gave me a promo code to get the movie with special features version.
Old 09-11-14, 05:01 PM

Screw it, I'll just trade the code with all the extras- I'd rather have another movie with better quality than what Target Ticket can deliver, than an extra that should've been on the disc in the first place and likely isn't that great anyways.
Old 09-11-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Target special featurette is like 6 minutes long. Target vastly oversold their exclusive bonus content, luring in suckers.
Old 09-11-14, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

This may explain why my closest Walmart had NO slip covers. I wasn't aware of the different covers, but thought it was peculiar for a new Marvel release to not have a cover. Im guessing the odds of me finding a Black Widow cover are slim to none.
Old 09-11-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
This may explain why my closest Walmart had NO slip covers. I wasn't aware of the different covers, but thought it was peculiar for a new Marvel release to not have a cover. Im guessing the odds of me finding a Black Widow cover are slim to none.
All the variant covers were likely gone by Tuesday night. Retail stores have figured out to manufacture just enough special copies for the first few hours of release.
Old 09-12-14, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
All the variant covers were likely gone by Tuesday night. Retail stores have figured out to manufacture just enough special copies for the first few hours of release.
My nearest Walmart had a shit ton of the exclusive slipcovers Wednesday. Maybe it's just because it's out in the sticks, but I really don't see the people that shop at that Walmart going apeshit over exclusive slipcovers. Most can barely tell the difference between a DVD and a blu-ray.
Old 09-12-14, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a 10% off cartwheel coupon that expires on the 13th.
Old 09-12-14, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 744 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Are you sure you were looking at the 3D release? The 2D release doesn't come with any slipcover.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.