Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

For those into exploitation flicks, Vinegar Syndrome is having a 50% off sale (most items) through Monday: www.vinegarsyndrome.com

Prices are only slightly lower than Deep Discount, but blow away prices at Amazon and most other retailers. Plus, free 2 day shipping for orders over $35.

I grabbed SUGAR COOKIES, RAW FORCE, GOOD LUCK MISS WYCKOFF and RUNAWAY NIGHTMARE
Old 11-29-14, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Vinegar Syndrome 50% off sale

Gonna get me some PRETTY PEACHES.
Old 11-30-14, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Damn, I would have totally ordered the canister if it was included in the sale!

Thinking about this:

Still seems a little on the high side fro some of these though...

Last edited by SterlingBen; 11-30-14 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-30-14, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Still seems a little on the high side for some of these though...
This kept me from hitting the buy button on a lot of their stuff, especially after even the most basic web searches for reviews and background info revealed a large portion of their catalogue — it probably goes without saying which portion, naturally — is available free online in its entirety. Granted, those versions don't appear to be 4K scanned from vault materials or what have you, but for some of these films I'm just not sure the effort was warranted, despite their more, umm, memorable moments.

The RAW FORCE and GRADUATION DAY discs are decent enough, though. MASSAGE PARLOUR MURDERS is a chore, and only makes slightly more sense if you read the liner notes, but it might not be a keeper.

Last edited by Brian T; 11-30-14 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-30-14, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Advice, heeded. Any coupons before I pull the trigger?
Old 11-11-16, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts
Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday 2016

Just got the email . Really hoping all the Rudy Ray Moore shows will finally be on sale, among other stuff:

Now that Halloween is over, it can only mean one thing...Black Friday is just weeks away, and you know what that means...Our world famous Black Friday Sale is almost here! This year, in addition to our incredible price discounts and 2017 yearly package deals, we have two (yes 2!) surprise Blu-rays planned! One is an all-but-lost late 80s slasher which we've restored to its longest cut ever. The other is a 60s sexploitation classic by one of the genre's most acclaimed auteurs. Both are coming to Blu-ray for the first time and will ONLY be for sale on the VS site (and eventually other places, if there's any left).

Black Friday Weekend Sale = 11/25-11/28

For those of you waiting to order the November package, both the November titles and our December release, JACK FROST (with the limited edition lenticular cover), will be in-stock and shipping as of Black Friday.

And, in case anyone needs a reminder on what's due out in November...
• Kirdy Steven's TABOO 2 / TABOO 3 Blu-ray double feature, with all new restorations and in their proper aspect ratio for the first time on home video.
• The insane Crown International action/kung-fu/sci-fi classic, DEATH MACHINES on Blu-ray, newly restored in 4k!
• Three incredible and rare documentaries from one of our favorite filmmakers, Alex deRenzy, WEED, INNOCENTS ABROAD & SEXUAL ENCOUNTER GROUP, with the latter two coming to home video for the first time ever.
​• And finally, an oddball double feature of two 80s skinflicks, SILK, SATIN & SEX / TURN ON WITH KELLY NICHOLS, from the aptly named Lawrence Talbot.
• ...and the two secret Black Friday blu-ray releases!

Also available for pre-order on Black Friday will be our January 2017 titles. We have 4 more Crown titles in the works (all Blu), including a much-requested slasher, a sexploitation masterpiece, and a Blu-ray double feature of two psychotic vanity pieces. We will also have our first hardcore Blu of the year (which also happens to be one of the best hardcore features of the 80s), along with another hardcore DVD.

Till next time...
Old 11-26-21, 12:32 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Vinegar Syndrome Sale

The Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday Sale is currently underway. Lots of unique titles up to 50% off:

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/

Last edited by rich-y; 03-24-22 at 11:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Captsmee.00 (11-28-21)
Old 11-26-21, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Still too expensive for me. VS is for the rich man’s BF.
Old 11-26-21, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Still too expensive for me. VS is for the rich man’s BF.
Ya gotta go past page 1. The back-catalog titles are all around $15-20.
Captsmee.00 (11-28-21)
Old 11-26-21, 12:39 PM

When they should be 10-15 instead. Already owned most of my wants.
Old 11-27-21, 11:16 AM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

They got me and got me good...already have 18 titles ordered and may order a couple more
Old 11-27-21, 04:03 PM
Cool New Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Captsmee.00
They got me and got me good...already have 18 titles ordered and may order a couple more
As much as I've ordered over the last couple of sales I went ahead and dove Into the deep end of yearly subscriber. Plus a couple I thought might sell out.
Captsmee.00 (11-28-21)
Old 11-28-21, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Captsmee.00
Originally Posted by Killraven666
As much as I've ordered over the last couple of sales I went ahead and dove Into the deep end of yearly subscriber. Plus a couple I thought might sell out.
C'mon, let's hear what ya ordered! No point bragging about the size of your...order, unless you whip it out.
Old 11-28-21, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Paff
C'mon, let's hear what ya ordered! No point bragging about the size of your...order, unless you whip it out.
They both ordered the shelf display. They are ashamed.
Old 11-28-21, 09:54 PM

Scanner Cop 1&2, Severed Arm, Zombie Island Massacre, Memorial Valley Massacre, Dial Code Santa Claus 4K, Deadlok 4K, Jungle Trap, AGFA Trailer Show, Don’t Answer the Phone, Frightmare, Killing Birds, Whodunit, Raw Force and the Graduation Day slip plus the BF bundle flash preorder (Flesh for Frankenstein, Creature, Trauma, Ebola Syndrome, Steel and Lace).

no merch, sorry pal
Old 11-29-21, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm ashamed and mad at myself that I caved in and bought the Don't Answer the Phone slip. I didn't even like the movie! (it's billed as horror but it's more of a police procedural, imagine a slightly darker episode of CSI). But I got taken in by the artwork, and hell, if I decide to sell it in the future I'll be able to fetch more because of the limited slip.

I'm holding out on some other titles till they get cheaper. Hoping Summer Camp Girls with the slip makes it to Valentine's Day, then in May I'll probably go for the Camille Keaton set, Trauma, maybe a couple of others.
Old 11-29-21, 01:25 PM

I’m sure most of these can be had year round at Deepdiscount with similar prices with that 15 off coupon which seems to show up like on a monthly basis.
Old 11-29-21, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Deepdiscount get the slip editions though? I mean, I know it's just a piece of cardboard but the Vinegar Syndrome slipcovers are indeed a thing of beauty. For most companies I don't care.

Also, I think if you buy from VS directly, they see a bigger profit margin than if you buy from a retailer. I like what VS does, and while they're in no danger of going out of business anytime soon it makes me feel a little better that my money is going to them directly. Not so much that I want to pay full price for their stuff, but still...
Old 11-29-21, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I liked the look of it, but the price was a bit rich for my blood.
Old 11-29-21, 08:00 PM
Cool New Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could not order that. I liked it as a film nerd but $150..... Uhhhh no! Maybe $75
Tiger Claws Trilogy
TC 2000
Sugar Cookies
Dial Code Santa Clause
Commando Ninja
Rudy Ray Moore Box for the movies I already have
Count Dracula's Great Love
Paff (11-30-21)
Old 12-01-21, 01:06 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Damn. I did not realize Argento's Trauma was released by them. Was that 50% off?
Old 12-01-21, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
Damn. I did not realize Argento's Trauma was released by them. Was that 50% off?
No. It was a new release for Black Friday. It might be 50% off at the Halfway Sale in May.
Old 12-01-21, 03:50 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

No. It was a new release for Black Friday. It might be 50% off at the Halfway Sale in May.
Great. Thanks.
Old 12-02-21, 09:26 AM

Does Deepdiscount get the slip editions though? I mean, I know it's just a piece of cardboard but the Vinegar Syndrome slipcovers are indeed a thing of beauty. For most companies I don't care.

Also, I think if you buy from VS directly, they see a bigger profit margin than if you buy from a retailer. I like what VS does, and while they're in no danger of going out of business anytime soon it makes me feel a little better that my money is going to them directly. Not so much that I want to pay full price for their stuff, but still...
I’ve ordered from deep discount and target during B2G1 and it comes near the 50% off mark but I’ve never received slips. Granted they were older titles, but I doubt they would have them
Old 12-02-21, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Does Deepdiscount get the slip editions though?
The wide releases don't have slipcovers/slipcases, but outside of VS directly, partners like Diabolik and (I think?) Orbit DVD do carry the versions with slips.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.