Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The Batman set would have sold better out of the gate but WB pulled a lot of stunts with its release. I seriously considered dropping the limited edition retail set for the TV edition since it had the extra script. They also got cheap on the actual set design, cutting corners left and right. The icing on the cake was the missing footage, which made the entire conversation around its release a terrible mess.
Old 12-17-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

The Dick Van Dyke Show Complete Series is now $49.99.

Don't think that's been mentioned yet. All-time low for Amazon though there's been deals on it at other retailers previously.
Old 12-17-14, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
IMHO - Batman is a bargain if it's under ~$150 for BR or $120 for DVD.
Based on the Target ad for the 21st that JohnIan posted in the DVD section it looks like Batman: The Complete Series DVD will be $109.99 early next week. They may have a decent deal on the BR also.

Otherwise, I think that you make some great points, though Spiderbite does too. I think that this is a tough one in that some people have really been waiting on it and in the theoretical it isn't a bad price, but others have possibly realized that they could live without it and/or gave up on physical media and/or have gotten too acclimated to bargains to appreciate the sets like this or China Beach or Wonder Years where the studios really did need to spend more money to get them to us.

I also think that selling it is at least a little more challenging than some might think as it originally aired almost 50 years ago, and while some younger potential buyers would have seen it later in repeats or elsewhere, then a fair number don't have any attachment to it. Still a customer base for it of course, but not as big as if it had been more recent.
Old 12-17-14, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - $9.96
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K7IPGS6/
Old 12-18-14, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - $9.96
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K7IPGS6/
Nice! Now I can price match it at Target and use the $5 coupon!
Old 12-18-14, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Sons of Anarchy Collector's Set (Seasons 1-6) Deal of the Day

Blu-ray = $99.99
DVD = $89.99
Old 12-18-14, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Hmmmm, tempting.
Old 12-20-14, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Hmmmm, tempting.
If you didn't order, you really missed out. Today, I got a code for a FREE copy of Sons of Anarchy Season 7 (currently prebooking at $53.99) on Blu-ray. So I got the entire series for $100.

I think they're still offering the free Season 7 with purchase, but - of course - the set is now back up to $153.
Old 12-20-14, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Nice! Now I can price match it at Target and use the $5 coupon!
I hope that you already took care of business. The price is now $17.99. I was able to get it yesterday at Target for $3.96 plus tax after price match, cartwheel & manufacturer's coupon.
Old 12-20-14, 01:55 PM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I hope that you already took care of business. The price is now $17.99. I was able to get it yesterday at Target for $3.96 plus tax after price match, cartwheel & manufacturer's coupon.
I ran in and got it later that day. Although I wasn't able to get the cartwheel, when I was gonna scan the cartwheel, she told me it would either be the cartwheel or the pricematch, whichever was lower. =/
Old 12-20-14, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Until I discovered this board, I thought i was good at bargain hunting (in fact, I made a living off it for years). Some of you are so good at the tricks you make me look pathetic by comparison!
Old 12-20-14, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up getting Rio 2, Dawn POTA, XMen dofp, Sherman and Peabody and the DVD set of Home Alone for 4.11 including tax (with red card, PM, cartwheel and coupon).

I did miss out on Let's Be Cops since my a target was OOS, but I was buying simply because it was cheap and had OK word of mouth. No big loss.

But my experience at Target was about as bad as it could be and still get the deal. Everything from the app not working, "no PMs and coupon",not knowing their own policy, denying things even after having just read that it was OK (I had to read the policy OUT LOUD to the shift manager before he relented), and just being difficult for no reason. The CSR manager called security on me after I insisted she did not understand her own policy. I saw that same security guard today when I picked up HAlone. He remembered me and agreed with me they were being unreasonably difficult. We parted with a merry Christmas, but at least I got some assurance that I was not being unreasonable, and that while I took my stand, remained relatively calm.

I really hate that Target, but the next closest one is another 15 minutes away. I have made the drive when I did not want to deal with them, but it is ridiculous I should even have to.
Old 12-20-14, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran in and got it later that day. Although I wasn't able to get the cartwheel, when I was gonna scan the cartwheel, she told me it would either be the cartwheel or the pricematch, whichever was lower. =/
That is actually a Target policy, and I would have been content with that. But after fighting with them for 30 min., I sure wasn't going to point that out.
Old 12-21-14, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

That's when you bring a couple of more things with you and ask to check them out there also. They never check to see what's on the list since it should automatically come off.

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I ended up getting Rio 2, Dawn POTA, XMen dofp, Sherman and Peabody and the DVD set of Home Alone for 4.11 including tax (with red card, PM, cartwheel and coupon).

I did miss out on Let's Be Cops since my a target was OOS, but I was buying simply because it was cheap and had OK word of mouth. No big loss.

But my experience at Target was about as bad as it could be and still get the deal. Everything from the app not working, "no PMs and coupon",not knowing their own policy, denying things even after having just read that it was OK (I had to read the policy OUT LOUD to the shift manager before he relented), and just being difficult for no reason. The CSR manager called security on me after I insisted she did not understand her own policy. I saw that same security guard today when I picked up HAlone. He remembered me and agreed with me they were being unreasonably difficult. We parted with a merry Christmas, but at least I got some assurance that I was not being unreasonable, and that while I took my stand, remained relatively calm.

I really hate that Target, but the next closest one is another 15 minutes away. I have made the drive when I did not want to deal with them, but it is ridiculous I should even have to.
My wife and I used to shop there all the time but our local store has really soured on us the last couple of years. We still shop there, but not nearly as much. The next closest one is a good 25-30 miles away.
Old 12-21-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Halloween: The Complete Collection LE [Blu-ray] $79.99
Old 12-21-14, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live Die Repeat 3D is $19.99.
Old 12-22-14, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

Live Die Repeat Edge of Tomorrow 2D is $14.99. Not Black Friday prices, but pretty good for a recent release.
Old 12-22-14, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cabeza2
So is Godzilla 3D. Grabbed them both at this price.
Old 12-22-14, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wishbone
I've got to stop buying stuff release week...seems like there's a shorter and shorter window for huge discounts these days...we usually would have to wait a whole year.
Old 12-22-14, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mr. Peabody & Sherman - $9.99

When I think of the price match hell I went through at Walmart to get this price just last month.... (sigh)
Old 12-22-14, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks

And then those who ask why B&M stores are slowly going away.

This is exactly why.

I get better customer service on the phone, than in person.
Old 12-22-14, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabeza2

Dammit, WB!
Old 12-22-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
And then those who ask why B&M stores are slowly going away.

This is exactly why.

I get better customer service on the phone, than in person.
It is terrible this time of year, all retail stores hire additional temporary employees with virtually no training to handle the Christmas rush.
Old 12-22-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
Mr. Peabody & Sherman - $9.99

When I think of the price match hell I went through at Walmart to get this price just last month.... (sigh)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 [Blu-ray, DVD, Digital HD] also $9.99. Missed the many retailers that had this on BF. But scored a new copy from Go Hasting with free shipping for the same price.

Last edited by kahuna; 12-22-14 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-23-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Fault in Our Stars - $9.99
Vampire Diaries - $19.99
Matching Best Buy of course.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.