Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts
re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

THE SHADOW - $17.99 (not great, but a new low)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FM4S5O2/
Old 03-12-14, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Act of Killing $12.99
Old 03-12-14, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Short Term 12 (Blu-ray + DVD Combo): $9.99.
Old 03-12-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackBurton
The Act of Killing $12.99
Man... that film will haunt you. Probably one of the best movies I will never want to watch again.
Old 03-13-14, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Since a lot of people don't visit the store forum, I thought it might be useful to post it here as well. Amazon is increasing the cost of it's Prime membership to $49 for students and $99 for everyone else starting 4/17

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200966690

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201482600
Old 03-13-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Ouch.
Old 03-13-14, 09:16 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Coupled with Tax means I just shop more at Target (which I have been doing anyway).
Old 03-13-14, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Coupled with Tax means I just shop more at Target (which I have been doing anyway).
Mmmkay ... how has that been going?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...edit-card-data
Old 03-13-14, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Since a lot of people don't visit the store forum, I thought it might be useful to post it here as well. Amazon is increasing the cost of it's Prime membership to $49 for students and $99 for everyone else starting 4/17

Yes. Which means that those not using the service i.e., non-prime users ... can get in at $79 dollars (for a year) prior to that date.

Last edited by ctyankee; 03-13-14 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-13-14, 11:03 AM

Yeah... i'm going to hold off on renewing prime when mine runs out in april. Maybe I'll re-up later
Old 03-13-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Mmmkay ... how has that been going?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...edit-card-data
You just blew that three month old story wide open!
Old 03-13-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
I've moved the vast majority of media purchases away from Amazon in the past year. Poor Prime shipping service and increased prices are not a winning combination.

Amazon is likely pruning off casual customers in exchange for a smaller base of dedicated customers willing to tolerate higher prices.

Their internal corporate management believes they've built up a critical mass of users willing to hang around. Amazon simply has no viable competitors on the Internet and Walmart has given clear signals they don't intend to directly compete.
Old 03-13-14, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've moved the vast majority of media purchases away from Amazon in the past year. Poor Prime shipping service and increased prices are not a winning combination.

Amazon is likely pruning off casual customers in exchange for a smaller base of dedicated customers willing to tolerate higher prices.

Their internal corporate management believes they've built up a critical mass of users willing to hang around. Amazon simply has no viable competitors on the Internet and Walmart has given clear signals they don't intend to directly compete.
Don't agree. I think it's more they're leaving the price wars to the "3rd party sellers". Super D continues their "let's put ALL of the smaller competition out of business by slashing profits to nothing" mode.

I know "3rd party" shipping recently went up $1.00; but what most people don't know is Amazon gets a large % of that extra dollar; not the seller.
Old 03-13-14, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Standard human mentality of knee jerk reaction to a price increase. How can anything stay the same forever ? There's a price to pay for continuing to expect the same level of customer service owing to the dynamics of ever changing external factors. As a business, you can only absorb so much before you have to resort to alternatives to foot the bill. Every have a business of your own ? If you did, you wouldn't argue so much. Has gas price remained the same since you were born ? Has your own productivity stayed the same throughout ? You need to adjust to changing factors for you to continue to live life, at least to the same set standard. Don't tell me no one wastes $20 in a year - now apply to standard shipping costs charged by UPS/Fedex on each delivery. If you are a true consumer purchasing a lot, I don't have to tell you how much it all adds up in a year. I sell media on Amazon and ship on my own - you know how many times I get hit by an almost $5 shipping charge by USPS for slow as hell Media Mail with tracking ? If I were to sell 20 such items, that cost alone would be $100. And here you are getting unlimited 2 day shipping with tracking and great customer service. And you want that for life for the same flat amount a year ? Get real, folks. I don't work for Amazon - I earn my living working 2 jobs and some money on the side as a merchant. We seem to have taken convenience for granted and as an entitlement - all this grumbling for $20 a year ?? Funny.
Old 03-13-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Standard human mentality of knee jerk reaction to a price increase. How can anything stay the same forever ? There's a price to pay for continuing to expect the same level of customer service owing to the dynamics of ever changing external factors. As a business, you can only absorb so much before you have to resort to alternatives to foot the bill. Every have a business of your own ? If you did, you wouldn't argue so much. Has gas price remained the same since you were born ? Has your own productivity stayed the same throughout ? You need to adjust to changing factors for you to continue to live life, at least to the same set standard. Don't tell me no one wastes $20 in a year - now apply to standard shipping costs charged by UPS/Fedex on each delivery. If you are a true consumer purchasing a lot, I don't have to tell you how much it all adds up in a year. I sell media on Amazon and ship on my own - you know how many times I get hit by an almost $5 shipping charge by USPS for slow as hell Media Mail with tracking ? If I were to sell 20 such items, that cost alone would be $100. And here you are getting unlimited 2 day shipping with tracking and great customer service. And you want that for life for the same flat amount a year ? Get real, folks. I don't work for Amazon - I earn my living working 2 jobs and some money on the side as a merchant. We seem to have taken convenience for granted and as an entitlement - all this grumbling for $20 a year ?? Funny.
Exactly. All of this post plus this is the first price increase in the nine years they've offered the service. I could see it being one thing where if they annually had an adjustment to the cost of Prime or something but this being their first increase and people being all up in arms over it is kind of silly. People feel too entitled to having things and don't seem to realize that something that was once workable may not work as well now as it did nine years ago when the service started. I also find it funny when people gripe about Amazon charging tax in certain states, I asked again in the thread about it in the store forum and I'll ask here too, where exactly are people shopping that doesn't charge you a tax? I'm one of the lucky ones (for now) who isn't charged tax but I've always kind of expected that to change at some point. I'm glad it hasn't yet but tax is a pretty standard thing that most businesses have to follow.
Old 03-13-14, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
The sad thing is my income keeps dropping & almost everything else keeps going up...............
Old 03-13-14, 05:06 PM

I placed 78 orders with Amazon last year and I use their streaming video service every week, so I have no problem with a $20 increase. I'd rather still pay $79, but it is easy to see how they lose money on 2-day shipping.
Old 03-13-14, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247

Still worth it by a long shot. At $79 it's about $6.58 per month for the year and now at $99 is only $8.25 a month for the year.

Really, cheapskates?
Old 03-13-14, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree with all these comments. Amazon has been very good to me (savings on sales tax alone) and I'll gladly absorb this price increase.
Old 03-13-14, 09:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

To me, it is worth it for the no minimum for free shipping alone. It probably pays for itself alone during Black Friday/Christmas deals when there is that one item I want for $5 or such. The price change seems reasonable to me. When my state started having tax collected a year and a half or so ago, I thought my purchasing on Amazon would dwindle, but that really hasn't been the case as I barely notice the difference anymore. The streaming and free Kindle book/month really make it a good deal for me too.
Old 03-13-14, 10:11 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I like that Amazon Prime shipping benefits can be easily shared between multiple accounts. My brother and I trade off purchasing the membership.
Old 03-13-14, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
Agree with all these comments. Amazon has been very good to me (savings on sales tax alone) and I'll gladly absorb this price increase.
People in this forum are so reactive whenever the words price increase are announced.

When Netflix split their business a few years ago to streaming and discs, people here had a shit storm and vowed to cancel Netflix and said the price was bullshit, blah blah blah. Now Netflix is one of the most loved avenues of entertainment all around the U.S. and even here.
Old 03-13-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

No price increase if you buy a Prime gift membership for yourself effective the day your current one expires
http://socialnewsdaily.com/26616/red...fore-increase/
Old 03-14-14, 06:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
It's my understanding Amazon should be charging sales tax nationwide now... I still think Prime is worth it though.
Old 03-14-14, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by nemein
It's my understanding Amazon should be charging sales tax nationwide now... I still think Prime is worth it though.
They're not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.