DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-27-16, 05:30 PM   #301
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Big Lots Blu-rays

Picked up the lone copies of WOZ 3D and Epic 3D at my local store. And then saw earlier posts in this thread for a 2 for $10 sale (2 of the $8 titles when purchased on a single transaction). Tons of TCM/Warner 4 DVD Catalog titles in the store as well, which I shall combine on a return and rebuy this evening. What a deal ! Thanks for posting this
Old 11-27-16, 07:00 PM   #302
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^Those $8 titles rang up 2/$14 when I went by tonight. I didn't question them as I thought the prices were good. I purchased 2 of the TCM/Warner 4 DVD titles.
Old 11-27-16, 07:26 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
^Those $8 titles rang up 2/$14 when I went by tonight. I didn't question them as I thought the prices were good. I purchased 2 of the TCM/Warner 4 DVD titles.

The 2 for $10 deal (marked at $8 each) was Biglot's 3 day Black Thursday/Friday/Saturday sale.
Old 11-27-16, 08:08 PM   #304
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^Yes, but I was hoping they'd extend it as they've done in the past. It didn't help that I got a "Black Friday Sales end Today" email this morning. That added to the expectation it might still be good. But I'm OK with the $7 each price for the ones I purchased. I mainly wanted to point out it may not be valid, or as profitable, for those making a trip to return/rebuy titles.
Old 11-27-16, 10:39 PM   #305
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
^Yes, but I was hoping they'd extend it as they've done in the past. It didn't help that I got a "Black Friday Sales end Today" email this morning. That added to the expectation it might still be good. But I'm OK with the $7 each price for the ones I purchased. I mainly wanted to point out it may not be valid, or as profitable, for those making a trip to return/rebuy titles.
That was my assumption as well as I went into the store this evening to return/rebuy the WOZ 3D set with another TCM/Warner 4fer. The sign for '2 for $10' was still there but following the return and re-ring, each rang up for $7 instead of $5. Only then did the Store Mgr point out to me the dates on the sign. I apologized and said I was ok to repurchase WOZ 3D at $8 but the Manager was nice enough to offer the two for me by overriding the price on each to $5. Feels good to finally get the Magnificent Ambersons on DVD as well
Old 11-30-16, 03:04 AM   #306

You guys have mentioned Slumdog Millionaire, it really is an amazing film- and really beautiful to look at. The cinematography makes even the terrible side of Mumbai look beautiful. Danny Boyle makes damn good movies.

Just a point to snag one if you haven't seen it.
Old 11-30-16, 07:12 AM   #307

Picked up A Monster in Paris 3D for 2.88 ( it may be 3D+BD+DVD)
Old 11-30-16, 02:31 PM   #308
DVD Talk Limited Edition

During my lunch break, I ran by the store that's not far from where I work. I was able to find a copy of Monster in Paris, 300 and Epic. No Wizard of Oz that I could find, but I already own that one anyway. Good deals!
Old 12-02-16, 03:45 AM   #309
Cool New Member

Today (since work cut hours and it was my 2nd day off of 3-in-a-row), I hit a few Big Lots in the St. Louis (MO) area, and got all BUT one that I wanted to find (the Monster in Paris 3D blu, as most stores have had their 1.88/2.88 shippers picked through). I picked up Wizard of Oz 3D set from Fenton (both copies they had, one for me, one for a co-worker of mine who is all about these 3D deals) along with the first 2 seasons of the Originals on DVD for my GF, and the Epic 3D combo from Crestwood (both of them as well, ditto). Over Black Friday and today, I've hit all the Big Lots in the STL area, except Alton, Bevo Mill-Kingshighway (which is typicallly picked apart anyway), Fairview Heights, and Washington, MO.

I'm still on hunt for that Monster in Paris 3D blu....
Old 12-02-16, 05:36 PM   #310
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No blu's at all at the BL closest to me (72nd Tacoma WA)
Old 12-02-16, 06:51 PM   #311

Blus were pretty picked over on my trip yesterday, but I got a couple of good DVDs- Alexander: The Ultimate Cut on clearance and that Bogie/Bacall TCM set.
Old 01-20-17, 12:09 PM   #312

Having found a few 3d BD I was in search for the Polar Express 3D. After a few visits I found one yesterday marked at $ 5.00.

Went to the register and I thought I mis-heard the cashier say the price

I checked the receipt and yes it was all of $ 1.00 (+tx).
Old 01-21-17, 07:12 AM   #313
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI it's the Friends & Family 20% off weekend, today just for rewards members and everybody tomorrow.
Old 01-21-17, 02:48 PM   #314
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I found 3D BD of:

Gravity
Epic
A Monster In Paris
Old 01-26-17, 12:58 PM   #315

YMMV. I received another 20% off Friends and Family coupon for Friday (members) and Saturday (coupon).

Store List
I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member. - Groucho Marx
Old 01-26-17, 03:12 PM   #316

Not here; maybe because it's been ages since I used one?
Old 01-26-17, 03:17 PM   #317
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrios3 View Post
YMMV. I received another 20% off Friends and Family coupon for Friday (members) and Saturday (coupon).

Store List
Seeing all of the stores listed are in the southern region, could this be to make up for weather related troubles those folks experienced? Seems like they've done this before for that reason.

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
Old 01-26-17, 03:38 PM   #318
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Seeing all of the stores listed are in the southern region, could this be to make up for weather related troubles those folks experienced? Seems like they've done this before for that reason.
That's what it looks like to me... My state isn't included - but all we had was rain.
Old 01-27-17, 11:31 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
I can confirm they did that last year. They had a make-up day the following because of a weekend ice storm.
Old 02-13-17, 10:42 AM   #320
DVD Talk Legend

I received a $5 off $20 purchase coupon in my e-mail, so I stopped by my local store yesterday. There were a few random BDs (priced at $5) mixed in the DVD display that I had never seen at this location. A few of which (Gravity 3D), have been mentioned before. One that hasn't been mentioned--Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart. With the coupon, I picked it up as a blind buy.

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
Old 03-08-17, 10:35 AM   #321

Picked up the following $5

Epic ( 3D + BD + DVD+ DC )
Jack and the cuckoo clock heart (BD+DVD+DC) Shout Factory
Polar Express 3D + 2D

Rob Roy $3
Old 05-28-17, 06:15 PM   #322

Stopped by my local Big Lots today and they had quite a few $5 blu rays. Nothing super exciting but they did have a few of those wierd cardboard artwork versions of movies (Hang em High, The Transporter). The only thing I grabbed was the new Fantastic Four movie. It was the Target exclusive book version for $5.

The artwork I am talking about are the ones that look like this.
Old 05-29-17, 12:53 AM   #323
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
Nothing super exciting but they did have a few of those wierd cardboard artwork versions of movies (Hang em High, The Transporter).
I have Roadhouse with a cover like that. This maybe the Walmart versions with VUDU copy of the movie.
Old 05-29-17, 12:05 PM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
I have Roadhouse with a cover like that. This maybe the Walmart versions with VUDU copy of the movie.

None of them had the sticker saying Vudu copy. I bought a couple of those when they came out to get the movies on Vudu (Spaceballs, Princess Bride) and they had a sticker on the front mentioning the Vudu copy. I did see Target and Best Buy eventually selling the movies with the same cardboard covers without a copy. Since the Fantastic 4 Target exclusive was there this batch of movies may just be target overstock.
Old 06-06-17, 04:36 AM   #325

Been in 2 this week. Only thing remotely interesting was a br of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It was priced $5, I would have paid $3.