Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Playstation Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-01, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
Well I consider my playstation part of my home theater so I figued this would be a good place to ask. I'm having two issues with my playstation. First, at school with my roommates playstation connected via composite video to my 20" Wega, the screen is extremely off center and isn't the full width of the TV. I brought the AV cable home and tried it on my playstation on my parents 27" set and the same thing happened. So I thought it was the cable. Went to the mall and bought a new composite cable for it and the same thing happened. Some games have it more than others(even the bootup screen is off center). Is this normal? Also, my playstation seems to skip on games that read the music off the CD(Smackdown 2 for example, the music skips so bad i had to turn it off) where as my roommate's does not do so at all. It seems to only skip when streaming music from the game cd. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help!

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre
"Hot Barbecue, TODAY!"