Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time (S4E07) -- "The Snow Queen" -- 11/9/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-14, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,684 Likes on 2,650 Posts
Once Upon a Time (S4E07) -- "The Snow Queen" -- 11/9/14

EMMA CAPTURES THE SNOW QUEEN AND LEARNS THAT THEY ARE MORE ALIKE THEN SHE CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE, AND IN ARENDELLE OF THE PAST, INGRID DISCOVERS HER DEADLY ICE POWERS AND MAKES A PACT WITH HER TWO SISTERS TO PROTECT AND ALWAYS BE THERE FOR ONE ANOTHER - NO MATTER WHAT, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

John Rhys-Davies ("The Lord of the Rings," "Raiders of the Lost Ark") is the Voice of Grand Pabbie

"The Snow Queen" - Emma captures the Snow Queen and interrogates her at the sheriff's station. But the Snow Queen uses her prior knowledge of Emma to try to persuade her into thinking that they are more alike than she could possibly imagine. Regina and Robin Hood's relationship grows increasingly complex as they struggle to find a way to save his dying wife, Emma begins to see what she missed out on by not growing up and being a family with Snow and Charming when she sees how involved Mary Margaret is in baby Neal's life, and Henry begins his after school job in Gold's shop while trying to help Regina find a clue to the identity of the author of the storybook. Meanwhile, in Arendelle of the past, we learn about the origin of the Snow Queen and her familial connection to Elsa and Anna as we see her discover her spectacular yet deadly ice powers, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Jessy Schram as Ashley/Cinderella, Sarah Bolger as Aurora, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Georgina Haig as Elsa, Elizabeth Mitchell as Snow Queen, John Rhys-Davies as Grand Pabbie, Brighton Sharbino as young Ingrid, Ava Marie Telek as young Gerda, Bailey Herbert as young Helga, Jonathan Runyon as Duke, Pascale Hutton as Gerda, Sally Pressman as Helga, Greg Webb as King and Ryan Booth as man.

"The Snow Queen" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Billy Gierhart.

Read more: Listings - ONCE UPON A TIME on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3IcXI2qJC

Episode 7 of 23
Old 11-09-14, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time (S4E07) -- "The Snow Queen" -- 11/9/14

Oh, brother. I just saw Thor's hammer (several times) in the background in the scene where the three sisters go to visit Rumplestiltskin...
Old 11-09-14, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 638 Likes on 492 Posts

Kinda disappointed we didn't see the young Snow Queen feeding rats to some zombies. At least she killed her sister when she grew up.

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Oh, brother. I just saw Thor's hammer (several times) in the background in the scene where the three sisters go to visit Rumplestiltskin...
Really? Never even noticed.
Old 11-09-14, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Right here...

How many Thor references does that make so far this season? At least three...
Old 11-10-14, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 638 Likes on 492 Posts

They've also referenced Star Wars a few times. I fail to see why it's a big deal for the show to namedrop Disney properties.
Old 11-12-14, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 824 Likes on 696 Posts

I don't want to see Marvel superheroes on this show. If they want to pull from other popular movies, get the Toy Story characters on or something. It would be a trip to see Buzz Lightyear in Storybrooke.

I think we are getting a two-hour mid-season finale this Sunday.
Old 11-12-14, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't want to see Marvel superheroes on this show. If they want to pull from other popular movies, get the Toy Story characters on or something. It would be a trip to see Buzz Lightyear in Storybrooke.

I think we are getting a two-hour mid-season finale this Sunday.
We are getting a two-hour episode this Sunday, but it is not the mid-season finale (that will occur in December and wrap up the Frozen story):

November 16 - Episode 4-8 (2 hours)
November 23 - American Music Awards
November 30 - Episode 4-9 (1 hour)
December 7 - Episode 4-10 (1 hour)
December 14 - Episode 4-11 (1 hour, mid-season finale)

The second half of S4 returns on Sunday, March 1.
Old 11-13-14, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 120 Likes on 72 Posts

The Snow Queen sure had MASSIVE CLEAVAGE during that interrogation scene with Emma.
Old 11-13-14, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Yeah, her boobs were kinda distracting.
Old 11-13-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't want to see Marvel superheroes on this show.
I can understand that. However, the premise of the show is that there is a Multiverse of Fantasy, Literary, Fairy Tale, worlds which are connected in various ways. So when you think about it, it would not be out of character if a Marvel character showed up.
Old 11-13-14, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 824 Likes on 696 Posts

Maybe my trepidation stems from how they handled Frankenstein's appearance. That was one of my least favorite storylines from Once Upon A Time.