Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Cold Justice - true crime series

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Cold Justice - true crime series

Anyone else watching this? Apparently it's on TNT in the States. In Canada it's on Bravo.

I caught an episode ("He Said, She Said") for the first time last night and was quite impressed.
It's about two investigators who get involved in cold cases. I don't know if it's always the case, but with the murder in last night's show, they helped gather enough new evidence for a grand jury indictment against a suspect.
I found the first episode absorbing, and will be watching again.
Old 03-25-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Cold Justice - true crime series

This is my guilty pleasure watch, I have a big girl crush on Kelly Siegler, I first saw her during a trial that she was the prosecutor on.
Old 03-25-14, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why "guilty pleasure"? It's a documentary series. No guilt necessary.
Old 02-04-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is an immensely pleasurable show. The two sleuths solve almost every case they tackle, many of them after decades of inaction. It has a completely different vibe and method, but I would consider this the best true-crime show since Unsolved Mysteries, or possibly Medical Detectives/Forensic Files, both of which are high-water marks in the genre. You can add this show to their esteemed ranks.

I also have a fondness for Kelly Siegler, even though she's too old for me and has been married for 25 years.
Old 03-07-15, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

So I'm late and I know you (Norm) told me about this a while back but I've had some episodes of this sitting on my DVR and watched a few last night. This is a damn good true crime series. I've always liked the genre but am fairly selective (favorites are Disappeared, Forensics Files, old school Unsolved Mysteries (the Robert Stack hosted seasons are the best but Farina was okay). Most stuff on Investigation Discovery I dislike but this is a pleasant surprise. Weird that it's on TNT of all networks but I'd say it's worth checking out.
Old 03-07-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad you like it. Apparently it's quite popular. I wanted to write in to the show with a few unsolved cases, but understandably they have a policy that they can only tackle cases if they have the full cooperation of relevant police agencies. I'd love to see them take a look at the Original Night Stalker, but I don't think there's even a suspect in that case.