Once Upon a Time -- Season Finale -- "And Straight On 'Til Morning" -- 5/12/13

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- Season Finale -- "And Straight On 'Til Morning" -- 5/12/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

"And Straight On 'Til Morning" - The inhabitants of Storybrooke brace themselves for the end when Greg and Tamara detonate the trigger Regina had placed within the curse, with the annihilation of the town and its residents imminent; and Mr. Gold mourns the loss of his son, Bae/Neal. Meanwhile, back in Neverland of the past, Hook discovers his connection to a young Bae after he rescues him from the sea and soon realizes that the Lost Boys are in hot pursuit of the boy, on the Season Finale of "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 12 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 22 of 22

Renewed for a 3rd season. Also, ABC greenlit the spinoff Once Upon a Time in Wonderland for next season. Paul Reubens will be in the spinoff.

For those who DVR this, remember, the trailer for Agents of Shield will air during the finale.
Old 05-12-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- Season Finale -- "And Straight On 'Til Morning" -- 5/12/13

You know, despite how weak the last few episodes have been (despite notable exceptions like "Lacey"), I thought they did a fine job with this episode. It's still awkward that during such a large crisis numerous Storybrooke residents were missing (like Ruby ) but the overall progression was good. And I really liked both storylines and how they tied in together. I was expecting the "Home Office" to be a Torchwood like agency founded by Wendy Darling but I'm fine with them simply being pawns of Peter Pan and his Lost Boys.

I'm really looking forward to next season and looking forward to see who they cast as Peter Pan.

That said, the lead Lost Boy is a shitty actor. I laughed when he said "riiiiip" when trying to be all creepy about Pan ripping your shadow from your body.
Old 05-14-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Once Upon a Time -- Season Finale -- "And Straight On 'Til Morning" -- 5/12/13

I guess I'm the only one who still watches this show.
Old 05-14-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

No, I watched it and it was better than most episodes on Season 2. Back story was great and tied into the main plot this week. Hook was pretty funny with some of his lines. I almost wish that they gave him more screen time this year and didn't relegate him into the sidekick role.

Still wish Taser Girl and the other guy would die and get off the show though. Interesting to see why they wanted Henry.
Old 05-14-13, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I'm 6-7 episodes from finishing. Will probably finish up the season in the next 2 weeks.

Will definitely check out the spinoff in the Fall.
Old 05-14-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I didn't really like the direction of the show in the second season. At this point I only like Gold, Belle, Hook and possibly Snow/Charming as characters. Emma and her son are a drag on the show at this point, though I realize the entire show is constructed around those characters. I may not be back for the third season.

The writers need to figure out how to incorporate Regina into the show's story without the endless flip-flopping between good and evil. It's soap opera nonsense that damages the rest of the narrative.
Old 05-15-13, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Given that we now seem to have an Injustice League with Gold, Regina, and Hook, it'll be interesting to see how that team dynamic plays out. Given the backstory with Hook as a sort of surrogate father to Baelfire, I hope we get some scenes between Hook and Neal next season.

Yeah, Taser Girl and Ethan Embry's character need to die ASAP. Maybe that'll happen in the first scene of the season opener.

Emma wouldn't suck so bad if they went back to writing her as she was in the pilot. Seriously. Go back to the pilot episode and Emma is practically a different character altogether. She was far more assertive and actually likeable and fun. She totally changed in the second episode onward.

I'm guessing the cast will be greatly reduced next season. Unless they'll split the season between the Jolly Roger crew versus Pan and Storybrooke versus "Home Office". Although I'll miss Belle and Ruby, I can live with the Storybrooke angle playing out offscreen and the outcome revealed in the season 3 finale.
Old 05-15-13, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Peter Pan is evil. EVIL!!!

The show is quite bad this season. What happened?
Old 05-15-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You know that in the comic book series Fables, before the Adversary was revealed to be
Spoiler:
Geppetto,
he was going to be Peter Pan? The concept was that he'd kidnap children and keep them as his never aging slaves. Hook was actually the hero but Pan's Lost Boys would basically influence all the stories told of their exploits to make it seem that Hook was the bad guy.

It seems the writers of this show are picking up on that.
Old 05-15-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoyed the first season, but this year it's as if the writers think they need to add new characters from iconic stories/legends every week or so. I wouldn't be surprised if during the third season we are introduced to Jack The Ripper, Amelia Earhart, and Jimmy Hoffa.
Old 05-15-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I hear Osama Bin Laden is the baddie next season
Old 05-15-13, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think I'll be back for season three...Really didn't like what they did with s2.
Old 05-16-13, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Shady12
Don't think I'll be back for season three...Really didn't like what they did with s2.
I'll probably tune in for the Season 3 premiere, but my interest is fading fast. I didn't like this season much. They constantly say that magic comes with a price on this show, yet it seemed like each week Regina or Gold would pluck a new spell out of their ass to save the day when it appeared all hope was lost. I'm also getting tired of the obvious green screen effects. And it doesn't help that this show jumps back and forth between time periods; it can be a bit hard to follow or remember past events when ABC doesn't run new episodes back to back or puts it on hiatus for months.

Question: Why did Hook continue to dress like a pirate after he landed in Storybrooke (and New York)? The other citizens of Storybrooke wore modern clothing even after they remembered their lives in Fairytaleland, so why didn't he ever update his wardrobe?
Old 05-16-13, 11:16 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Question: Why did Hook continue to dress like a pirate after he landed in Storybrooke (and New York)? The other citizens of Storybrooke wore modern clothing even after they remembered their lives in Fairytaleland, so why didn't he ever update his wardrobe?
I guess that's because the citizens of Storybrooke thought they came from there and even after the curse broke it stuck, Hook came directly from Neverland and had no reason to change his appearance.
Old 05-17-13, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That and the Storybrooke residents didn't have any of their old Fairy Tale clothes. People in New York probably just thought Hook was a hipster or on his way to a costume party.