Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Girl - "Quick Hardening Caulk" - 3-19-13

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 06:54 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
New Girl - "Quick Hardening Caulk" - 3-19-13

Jess comes to a conclusion about her romantic feelings for Nick and she struggles to tell him - until she's hopped up on pain medication. But after admitting her feelings, she finds out he may have been keeping something from her. Meanwhile, Schmidt becomes obsessed with buying a fish, which Winston sees as a metaphor for Schmidt's unresolved feelings toward Cece and Nick plans a bar promotion to impress the bar owner.
Old 03-19-13, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: New Girl - "Quick Hardening Caulk" - 3-19-13

Not bad but once again Winston plays straight man to Nick, Jess and Schmidt. Who was the manager chick? She looked familiar but I missed the credits.
Old 03-19-13, 08:47 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

The way Schmidt said "Gimmie it" had me fucking rolling.

"I know this is a dumb question...but will a number 2 help?"

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Not bad but once again Winston plays straight man to Nick, Jess and Schmidt. Who was the manager chick? She looked familiar but I missed the credits.
Odette Yustman Annable
Old 03-19-13, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The number 2 line was hilarious, since it took the normal Jellyfish sting and went somewhere ridiculous with it. Love all the silly puns at the hardware store, and Jess and Nick yelling at each other while making out.

Odette might be recognizable from the last season of House.
Old 03-20-13, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The number 2 line was hilarious, since it took the normal Jellyfish sting and went somewhere ridiculous with it. Love all the silly puns at the hardware store, and Jess and Nick yelling at each other while making out.

House, Banshee, the two seasons of Breaking In (need to get that set off Amazon though they've never said if all the unaired episodes were included).
Old 03-20-13, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I looked at her IMDB and it must have been from Transformers, The Double, or The Holiday although I can't remember her specifically from any of those. She just looked familiar. I didn't bother checking IMDB last night it seems whenever I check the latest TV episode of anything, it is not updated yet.
Old 03-20-13, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't usually find Zooey Deschanel all that cute, but the hot and bothered version of Jess really did it for me.

I especially loved her yelling at Nick for nonsense. This was one of my favorite epsiodes of the show.
Old 03-20-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. Funny episode.
Old 03-20-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
She was the prison doc from House.
Old 03-20-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah..the #2 was great..and so was the hardware.

My favorite comedy. They mix really well the fun/goofy comedy, with some serious dramaedy at times.
Old 03-20-13, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

This was possibly the best episode of the season. It's fun seeing Jess when she wants a guy.
Old 03-20-13, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by madcougar
I don't usually find Zooey Deschanel all that cute, but the hot and bothered version of Jess really did it for me.

I especially loved her yelling at Nick for nonsense. This was one of my favorite epsiodes of the show.
She's adorkable
Old 03-20-13, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I think it's gutsy to hook up Jess and Nick this quickly. They really hadn't even done will/they won't they as up to a few weeks ago the characters hadn't exactly realized they liked each other.

As for Odette Yustman/Annable, the first thing that always pops in my mind is Cloverfield.
Old 03-20-13, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I think it's gutsy to hook up Jess and Nick this quickly. They really hadn't even done will/they won't they as up to a few weeks ago the characters hadn't exactly realized they liked each other.

As for Odette Yustman/Annable, the first thing that always pops in my mind is Cloverfield.
The show seems to be working, it has an audience and ratings. I'm surprised too they are getting those two to hook up. If you take the loveable losers and make them successful in love, you get another generic, routine sit-com. Shows have gone down-hill for years after making the lead have a relationship. They had to get rid of Valerie Harpers' husband on Rhoda. Christina Applegate's comedy quickjly turned into another rom-com series and they had trouble keeping the character true to the purpose of the series
Old 03-20-13, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

As long as Schmidt around the show will be hilarious.... Im curious to see how it turns out and I love the show.
Old 03-20-13, 08:06 PM

They didn't officially hook up, unless I missed something. Since they stormed off, they can keep building the tension between the two for a while.

This show and Bob's Burgers are about the only two comedies I look forward to now-a-days.
Old 03-20-13, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking of taking a vitamin today.

That one got me.
Old 03-20-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jess reading his list at the store was hilarious, and the fish tank at the end got a huge laugh from me
Old 03-20-13, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Adken
They didn't officially hook up, unless I missed something. Since they stormed off, they can keep building the tension between the two for a while.
Yeah not completely, but they've taken it to the point that something has to happen this year. All I'm saying is the Nick with Jess as his Girl Friday was still working, and I didn't think they needed they needed to do THIS yet.

It's a risky move. I really love the show now, so I hope it works out for them, but that doesn't make it any less risky.
Old 03-21-13, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The thing is that Jess and Nick have great romantic chemistry on the screen together. The actors actually look like a couple you might see in reality.
Old 03-21-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This was possibly the best episode of the season. It's fun seeing Jess when she wants a guy.
It was our favorite as well. So many great lines. All the double entendres at the hardware store had me rolling. I could watch Nick and Jess yell at each other all day long.
Old 03-21-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, those two have great chemistry together. This was another great episode. I really liked the Schmidt and Winston stuff too. Bromance and romance all in the same episode.
Old 03-21-13, 08:43 PM

This was a series high in my opinion. Loved smitten Jess and all the jokes surrounding that. I agree they have great chemistry. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep up the back and forth without actually committing them to a relationship.
Old 03-22-13, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SpanishTechno
This was a series high in my opinion. Loved smitten Jess and all the jokes surrounding that. I agree they have great chemistry. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep up the back and forth without actually committing them to a relationship.
Well at some point they're going to have them go full on relationship. But the EP has also stated in interviews she doesn't plan on having them work out.
Old 03-22-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's an ensemble cast, so I don't think the two characters being in a relationship would hurt the show. Where shows go wrong is when the characters get married off, which always spells the end of the funnier comedies. Once characters get married, sitcom writers are almost compelled to go over the same tired marriage storylines that we've all seen a thousand times.