Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anyone have Pioneer 525 + T2UE DTS = Sound Problems?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Anyone have Pioneer 525 + T2UE DTS = Sound Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-00, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have sound dropouts on T2UE and MIB when using the DTS playback to my Onkyo 575.

------------------
Old 09-21-00, 09:58 PM

i don't remember having any problems withe t2 DTS on my pioneer 525 and sony db930. occasionaly i'll have some sound dropouts when watching movies, but i can't remember if it happened during t2. usually, i just go back one chapter and then fast forward to the point that the sound droupout occured, and it'll usually be okay from then on.

jin
Old 09-22-00, 02:45 PM

I now have 3 DTS movies and haven't had any drop outs at all. Maybe a crappy cable for your DD/DTS in? I'm using an Audioquest Digital coax for mine. $20 or so. Played MIB DTS, T2-UE DTS, SPR DTS, all without problems. BTW, sounded much better than their DD counterparts.

------------------
Sony 32" Trinitron
Onkyo TX-DS575x
Pioneer DV-525
JBL Music1 mains, Phase Technology 1C center, Advent Baby II surrounds, Infinity BU-120 sub
Old 10-27-00, 07:59 AM

hey guys, my pioneer 525 player straight up skips during most of T2 and i can't even watch the movie! it also had a lot of problems with "the beach" dvd. e-mail me if you guys know why my player can be acting up so much... should i be contacting customer service at pioneer? i feel so unlucky...
Old 10-27-00, 11:07 AM

My 525 does both "The Beach", "MIB DTS", and "T2UE (DTS)" just fine. No skips, and no dropouts. Have you guys tried somebody else's copy of those movies.
Old 10-29-00, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i have both the onkyo 575 and the pioneer 525 and I have no sound problems on T2UE or MIB, or any other single disc. I have had a few sound drops since I've had them, but it was never one particular disc, and it never repeated in the same place or anything.