Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PSP vita questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSP vita questions

I can't find this info about the vita. anyone have it or know, pls say.

does remote play work, so the PSP vita can play PS3 games? how is the quality?

are the games on PSP vita any good or are they just rushed out, like are they sub-par compared to the PS3 games... like uncharted, resistance, etc...
and... do the games you buy for it come in UMDs/cartridges or you download them?

I'm deciding between 3DS vs. PSP vita. what are the 2-3 games to get? something fun and addicting like patapon, lego star wars etc... or exciting and immersive like god of war.
Old 04-26-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,504 Posts
Re: PSP vita questions

Remote play does work, but only for games that have it enabled, and I think it's mostly downloadable games, PS1 games, and Lair (which is also able to be remote played by a regular PSP). There is lag. I can't imagine playing a full PS3 game on it with the lag, plus there are no joystick buttons.

You can buy them in cartridges (they look like memory cards) or you can download them. Every game that comes out in a cartridge will be able to be downloaded from the store, but of course you need a proprietary Sony memory card that is very expensive (and tiny). You actually need a memory card for saves and such even if you buy the cartridge, so add that to your cost. They are portable games, and obviously some launch games are better than others; but I would say none of them really compare to the latest and greatest PS3 games, the draw is that they are of similar quality and are portable. I will say that UMvC seems pretty close; Disgaea 3 is pretty much the same, Ninja Gaiden and Wipeout are similar but with a lower frame rate, etc. I will also say that Uncharted is pretty amazing, but I wouldn't say it's better than, say Uncharted 3. Keep in mind that the price of these games, and by extension the development budgets, are less than full fledged PS3 games, plus developers are just getting used to the system.

I have both a 3DS and a Vita, and I enjoy my Vita a lot more... and I rarely even use the 3D on the 3DS these days. The 3DS obviously has more games and at this point looks like a surer bet to last than the Vita, based on sales. Let me know what kind of games you're interested in and I can give you better recommendations. I will say I really enjoy Ninja Gaiden, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Wipeout, Hotshots Golf, Lumines, and Rayman on the Vita; the 3DS has a much larger library so it really depends on taste, but the Ghost Recon game, Kid Icarus, and Super Mario 3D land are all great and if you like Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64, those are good ports too.

I'm not trying to be rude, I promise, but this info is pretty much readily available if you search... plus there's a Vita thread.