Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Where are my UFO friends ?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

A new all remastered 5 cd release of everything ( I think ) that UFO has ever made for Chrysalis Records. To tell the truth, I already have most of these songs remastered from previous releases. But they sound pretty good all together. The set is called The Chrysalis Years. This set was just released on Sept 13th so it's brand new. Still, it would be a long time before I would think of buying this only because I have most of these songs already, but if you're missing cd's from the Chrysalis era, maybe this is for you.
Old 09-19-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 704 Likes on 434 Posts
Re: Where are my UFO friends ?

I'm only into the Schenker era, so this isn't a bad set, but the existing CDs are already pretty good. Are there any notable bonus tracks or extra stuff?
Old 09-19-11, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I'm only into the Schenker era, so this isn't a bad set, but the existing CDs are already pretty good. Are there any notable bonus tracks or extra stuff?
I only have the Schenker era stuff also. Looking again at the set it has a BBC session and a Live concert from 1974 which would be pretty cool I think. I may have to get this at sometime just for that. But not anytime soon the price is a bit too much at $42. Maybe sometime when the price comes down a bit i'll take a stab at it but not right now.
Old 09-19-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I didn't already own all the remastered/reissued albums, I would have jumped at this set.
Old 09-20-11, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
If I didn't already own all the remastered/reissued albums, I would have jumped at this set.
Yeah, I guess it's a return to reason, and not to impulse buying, thank you.
Old 09-20-11, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 704 Likes on 434 Posts

I just checked the set out... whose bright idea was it to split individual single albums across two discs? That's all sorts of Fail.
Old 09-20-11, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I just checked the set out... whose bright idea was it to split individual single albums across two discs? That's all sorts of Fail.
Sounds like the same format as the set of Robin Trower Chrysalis albums. I reburned them as individual albums/discs.
Old 09-22-11, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts

I got all the Schenker era UFO remasters - and they sound PHENOMENAL (no pun intended) when compared to the original CD issues from the late 80's or early 90's. (Man, did those sound thin and tinny by comparison!)

Whether someone buys the new set or the CD's individually is irrelevant - just buy them! They are great albums!
Old 09-23-11, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B5Erik
I got all the Schenker era UFO remasters - and they sound PHENOMENAL (no pun intended) when compared to the original CD issues from the late 80's or early 90's. (Man, did those sound thin and tinny by comparison!)

Whether someone buys the new set or the CD's individually is irrelevant - just buy them! They are great albums!
Completely agree on all counts!
Old 09-24-11, 02:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been a huge UFO fan since 1977. You can purchase the Chrysalis Years box set from Amazon (UK) for $21.00 shipped.

Order Total: GBP 13.07

(Payment Total: USD 21.02**)

I was pleasantly surprised to see that this set comes in a double-wide jewel case. I was expecting cardboard covers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE