Old 08-04-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Suits -- "Play the Man" -- 8/04/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Mike takes on Louis' protégé during a mock trial, but his conflict with Rachel could hurt his chances of winning. Elsewhere, Harvey works on a merger between two hotel chains, but his past with the opposing counsel complicates matters.

Episode 7 of 12

Deadline.com reported that this along with Necessary Roughness are both getting renewed for 2nd seasons. Most of this forum is kind of lukewarm on USA dramas, but I'm glad these are coming back. Nice, light fluffy summer entertainment. Last week Suits was the highest rated cable drama on Thursday with a 1.5. People are watching it.
Old 08-04-11, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Suits -- "Play the Man" -- 8/04/11

I don't watch every USA show, but for me i rank it below Burn Notice, even with Hank Med, and above Covert Affairs these days.

I thought Mike would use his chick friend (the blonde) to plant and disseminate some false info in the break room, as his play the man move. Didn't expect the direction it took.
Old 08-05-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

So Rachel had a thing for him all along. Meh. Mike should just stick to the blonde chick now anyway since he basically told the office that he cares about Rachel by not pursuing his line of questioning to break her.

at Donna overacting for the mock trial.
Old 08-05-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's getting harder to enjoy the show since EVERY character is an obnoxious asshole.
Old 08-06-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
It's getting harder to enjoy the show since EVERY character is an obnoxious asshole.
Yep.
Old 08-06-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
That's pretty much my opinion too. This show certainly doesn't deliver on USA's "Characters Welcome" slogan. The characters suck. It doesn't help that most of the 'cases' are ho-hum.

Why can't anyone come up with latter day L.A. Law? All the recent law offerings (this, Franklin & Bash, Harry's Law, etc) have been lame. Then the one decent law show - Defenders - gets canned despite good ratings.
Old 08-06-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised to see people so down on the show, cause I love it. It's very melodramatic, but I'm fine with that. I like the two principle actors and characters, and the cases have been interesting enough for me. I do see Suits falling into the same trap every USA show does, in that the main characters are perfect, and never lose in whatever game they're trying to win -- unless it's a season finale.

I do think Mike needs to not sweat Rachel. She's hot as balls, but the unless they reveal some character flaw with the blonde, she's a much better fit.
Old 08-07-11, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm enjoying the show a lot as well. I think Harvey has just the right amount of smarmy arrogance and genuine compassion and Mike is great as the new associate, trying to find his way in an uber-elite lawfirm and trying not to get caught as the imposter he is.

Love the supporting cast as well from the secretary, the creepy partner, Gina Torres as the managing editor, and the two hot female supporting leads. I'm glad they got rid of Mike's jerk best friend.
Old 08-07-11, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I too think it's pretty damn good. Aside from Psych, I don't think I watch anything else on the network.
Old 08-08-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Psych, Suits, White Collar - favorite 3 USA shows in that order. And this was another good Suits episode, I've enjoyed them all so far, aside from any scenes involving that douchebag friend of his - hope he's gone for good.