Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What was the longest time.......

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

What was the longest time.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-00, 01:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....you waited for a DVD from the date of being shipped to the date of getting it delivered?

I am still wondering about my missing reel DVDs and with lots of luck they might be still at customs.

But as it is 2 months ago since some were shipped I would like to know if that happened to you before - maybe you can give me some hope.......

------------------
With love from Woschele
Old 07-09-00, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have not had to wait too long at all here in the states.......how did your totalactionuniverse order turn out?? Have you spoken with Roy regarding your order?
Old 07-09-00, 11:58 PM

woschele - 44 days from shipping date to arrive in Australia.

It may not be your case, but I remember a couple of orders which came from Reel had invoices for other people's orders stuck to my invoice. I emailed reel and the CSR said "not to worry, if the ppl don't recieve their orders, they will let us know."
Old 07-10-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For me it's been 3 1/2 weeks, also to Australia. Can't remember who it was but it was most likely Reel. Currently my final order has been in transit for about 31 days so I don't have high hopes, particularly since 1 that also shipped on the same day arrived about 10 days ago!

Chris D
Old 07-10-00, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The longest I've waited for a DVD was 3 months, from Barnes & Noble.

My longest waiting time from Amazon & DHL Worldmail was 2 months.
Old 07-10-00, 03:29 AM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by djones6746:
I have not had to wait too long at all here in the states.......how did your totalactionuniverse order turn out?? Have you spoken with Roy regarding your order?<HR>

I have not spoken to Ray, but got a reply to my email and I am waiting for my order to arrive. I will see what happens but if it turns out to be allright it would be a definite reason to order from him again. I will post if it is here.....

Thank you anyway for your help!

Woschele

------------------
With love from Woschele
Old 07-10-00, 08:08 AM

4 months and counting, for Twelve Monkeys from CD Universe.

Said shipped on order status, requested it to be resent after a 2 month wait. After much shouting and e-mails to customer service, it was (allegedly) re-shipped and again hasn't arrived.

I've stopped trying now, CD Universe customer support is the worst I've ever had to deal with. I've just written of the $15 or whatever I spent on it orginally.

Idiots.
Old 07-10-00, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was dumb enough to use CD Universe one more time and It will definitely be my last!!! Watch out for double charging on your credit card...they are famous for it!!!
Old 07-11-00, 11:33 AM

I ordered a DVD from Reel.com and it 'went missing' so they eventually re-shipped. Exactly 2 months a one week later, the original appeared, a little battered around the corners, but perfect all the same.....

------------------
Click here for a great new forum on HIFI and Home Cinema.

Radiofreecash - paid radio, is about to launch, click here to read all about it.

Paid to surf news Wap Site
Old 07-12-00, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>I ordered a DVD from Reel.com and it 'went missing' so they eventually re-shipped. Exactly 2 months a one week later, the original appeared, a little battered around the corners, but perfect all the same.....<HR>

I've had a shipment from Reel take about the same time. Doesn't happen often, but it happens. I've noticed that the ones that took real long usually were not shipped thru DHL's Amsterdam hub, but some other hub in Switzerland or France.