Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarlane

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarlane

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From Hitfix
Family Guy creator and creative powerhouse Seth MacFarlane will be jumping to the big screen and to live action with "Ted." The touching story of a grown man who's teddy bear came to life as a result of a childhood wish and has never left his side.

HitFix reported on this project almost a year ago, but it appears that the wheels have started to roll with the announcement that Giovanni Ribisi has joined the cast and that Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis are in final negotiations to star as well. We previously saw Wahlberg with an exasperating sidekick in the form of WIll Ferrell in "The Other Guys," so he should be warmed up to deal with a foul mouthed bear. No word as to Kunis' role.

MacFarlane will direct and possibly be the voice of Ted the CGI bear. Fans of Stewie from "Family Guy" who is also voiced my MacFarlane can rejoice. The script was written by Alec Sulkin, Wellesley Wild and Macfarlane. It is hard to imagine what the man will do with the freedom that a theatrical "R" rating will give him, but we're sure that he will push those boundaries just as much as he's pushed those of broadcast television. No official release date has been announced.
Old 02-23-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Re: Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarla

Kunis? I'm there.
Old 02-23-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarla

he talked about this on Conan a few weeks ago as if Whalberg was already signed, btw.
Old 02-23-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

"Hey bear, I like your voice. You're the only talking bear around, right? Let me ask you something, do you think this movie is going to tank? Well, ok, it was nice to meet you."
Old 02-23-11, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Sounds a little too much like that Mel Gibson talking puppet movie. Which one will bomb more?
Old 02-23-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

This sounds nothing at all like the Mel Gibson movie. That's a man talking through a puppet.

This seems more like Ruxpin filling in for Chucky.
Old 02-23-11, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like Family Guy and American Dad is OK but this is just gonna be a financial disaster. Do they think that the 13 year olds that like Family Guy are gonna see an R-Rated talking teddy bear movie? Sounds like Rupert is merging with Stewie and they are bringing along Meg for the ride, I think Mila Kunis does the voice of Meg.

I think if Paul (the talking cutesy alien movie that is like Roger from American Dad) tanks next month then this either A: Gets canned completely or B: Goes to straight to DVD
Old 02-24-11, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE-187
i like Family Guy and American Dad is OK but this is just gonna be a financial disaster. Do they think that the 13 year olds that like Family Guy are gonna see an R-Rated talking teddy bear movie?
Heyyyy. I'm 27. But I do consider myself a Family Guy apologist. American Dad has been f'n awesome lately.
Old 02-24-11, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Can he be as freaky sounding/looking as the bear from A.I.? That plus an R-rated personality...I like those odds.
Old 02-24-11, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

"Creative powerhouse"?? I hope this movie is 2 hours of "Well if you think THAT'S bad, what about the time-" [cut to flashback with random pop-culture or historical reference].
Old 02-24-11, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is driving? Bear is driving? How can that be?
Old 04-01-12, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Red Band Trailer:

NSFW:
<object width="450" height="302"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/54963"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/54963" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="302"></embed></object>
Old 04-02-12, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This looks so much better than it has any right to be.
Old 04-02-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Pretty bizarre but I have to admit I laughed a few times on the trailer. The name scene was pretty cool. I can't imagine how much practice that took for Wahlberg to get that right.

He's starting to show his age though. He looks way to old for Kunis even though he is still in good shape.
Old 04-02-12, 08:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
He's starting to show his age though. He looks way to old for Kunis even though he is still in good shape.
He is 40 and she is 28. That's not a huge difference really. Its not like a 40 year old with an 18-20 year old college girl.

It also still works with the "half your age plus seven" rule... 40/2 + 7 = 27
Old 04-02-12, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looked watchable to me . Trailer is now gone.
Old 04-02-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

?? It's still there. I just watched it. Hilarious....really would like to see this one - Mark Whalberg looks a lot older than he actually is...I think that is what throws everyone off - to me anyway....I really don't think 40 is that old.
Old 04-02-12, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
Exactly.
Old 04-02-12, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

must have been a glitch, it works again.
Old 04-02-12, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

looks funny. the trailer they showed on family guy last night had different scenes. they also digitally erased the bong that ted was smoking.
Old 04-02-12, 09:47 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like it could be good. The white trash names bit was the best part.
Old 04-02-12, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll be surprised if this doesn't sweep the razzies next year. A talking teddy bear saying the f word over and over is comedy gold.
Old 04-02-12, 11:40 AM
Suspended

This looks funny but does McFarlane have any other voices than variations of Peter Griffith, Brian, and Stewie?
Old 04-02-12, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Originally Posted by B.A.
Exactly.
I have to agree with this.
Old 04-02-12, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Trailer was actually pretty funny. Though by the thread title I was hoping that it would be animated and Wahlberg would be doing voice work. If he went full blown "mark wahlberg voice" that alone would be hilarious.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.