Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising on PS3??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-10, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Rising on PS3??

Hello,
I was wondering will "Dead Rising" be released for the PS3? I read that "Dead Rising 2" will be, but it didn't mention if the first one will be. Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks
-tom
Old 10-02-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts
Re: Dead Rising on PS3??

Dead Rising 2 is already out, so the first one is most likely not coming.
Old 10-02-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

No. They were going to release it and even had cover art, but the port was scrapped a few years back. I also believe the PS3 won't be getting the DLC the X360 version is getting.
Old 10-02-10, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The original Dead Rising is over 4 years old. Getting ported this late in the game pretty much isn't going to happen.

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I also believe the PS3 won't be getting the DLC the X360 version is getting.

If you mean Case Zero and Case West, the odds of those actually be exclusive to the 360 forever is very low. Almost all DLC is "timed" exclusive for a few months. The inevitable Game of the Year edition will most likely have all the DLC since most GotY editions do.

I have the PC version and there is an option in the main menu for DLC. This would not be there unless they planned to release the DLC. Of course there could be even more DLC later which will come to the PC, but I doubt it. The two DLCs basically serve as prologue and epilogue. I don't know what else they could do except for generic stuff like more costumes and combo weapons.
Old 10-02-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
The original Dead Rising is over 4 years old. Getting ported this late in the game pretty much isn't going to happen.

If you mean Case Zero and Case West, the odds of those actually be exclusive to the 360 forever is very low. Almost all DLC is "timed" exclusive for a few months. The inevitable Game of the Year edition will most likely have all the DLC since most GotY editions do.

I have the PC version and there is an option in the main menu for DLC. This would not be there unless they planned to release the DLC. Of course there could be even more DLC later which will come to the PC, but I doubt it. The two DLCs basically serve as prologue and epilogue. I don't know what else they could do except for generic stuff like more costumes and combo weapons.
The DLC menus is likely for the retailer exclusive packs. I think Best Buy buyers got a Soldier pack for ordering early and Gamestop gets a Ninja pack. Those will likely show up as purchasable DLC for all platforms within a month.
Old 10-02-10, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
The DLC menus is likely for the retailer exclusive packs. I think Best Buy buyers got a Soldier pack for ordering early and Gamestop gets a Ninja pack. Those will likely show up as purchasable DLC for all platforms within a month.
Those are just alternate costume packs aren't they? The changing room in the safe house has a locker with all your clothes and it includes a DLC section too for more clothes. So I think the DLC on the main menu is for actual mission DLC like Case Zero and/or West.
Old 10-03-10, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never get this game because it is clearly aimed at the the 360.
Old 10-03-10, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Those are just alternate costume packs aren't they? The changing room in the safe house has a locker with all your clothes and it includes a DLC section too for more clothes. So I think the DLC on the main menu is for actual mission DLC like Case Zero and/or West.
Or the DLC on the Menu will just open up the option to buy the costume packs.