Old 09-26-10, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,662 Posts
Rubicon -- "In Whom We Trust" -- 09/26/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Will makes an attempt to reach out to Katherine, and later discovers Hadas' final project; Tanya is forced into rehab; and Ingram's suspicions about Truxton mount.

Episode 10 of 13
Old 09-26-10, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Rubicon -- "In Whom We Trust" -- 09/26/10

I love this show, but I must be the only one
Old 09-26-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
AMC allowed indviduals to watch the first couple of episodes online for free when it first started. Then they became greedy and decided the almighty dollar was worth more than actual viewers. Unfortunately, I do not have cable and watch the majority of my shows online for free. I really wanted to keep watching the show but find it hard to pay for it when most sites let you watch their shows for free. It is not the money...it is the principle. They could offer them for free but choose not too which really bothers me. If the majority of other networks can offer their shows for free....why not AMC? I am sure they could gather up sponsors as others do with ads throughout the show and make more money from these ads then they can make from people paying $1 or $2 an episode through Amazon and sites like Amazon.

Anyhow...I did like what I saw in the beginning, however, seriously doubt I will ever revisit the show due to their attempts at hooking me onto the show for free then expecting me to pay for it after a couple of episodes. They actually sent me an email in July before the show even aired with a direct link to the site for viewing these first couple of episodes for free. That is what makes me angry.
Old 09-26-10, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

I like the show as well, but with so much going on it's the one that I usually fall behind with (thus I basically stay out of the threads). I watched three episodes a few weekends ago, and I haven't the two since yet. I probably won't have time to watch today either b/c of football, and I can guarantee while I will DVR it I won't be watching any tonight.
Old 09-26-10, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

I "like" the show even though I don't fully grasp all that's going on.
Old 09-26-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are not the only one...
Old 09-26-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,662 Posts

Originally Posted by djones6746
AMC allowed indviduals to watch the first couple of episodes online for free when it first started. Then they became greedy and decided the almighty dollar was worth more than actual viewers. Unfortunately, I do not have cable and watch the majority of my shows online for free. I really wanted to keep watching the show but find it hard to pay for it when most sites let you watch their shows for free. It is not the money...it is the principle. They could offer them for free but choose not too which really bothers me. If the majority of other networks can offer their shows for free....why not AMC? I am sure they could gather up sponsors as others do with ads throughout the show and make more money from these ads then they can make from people paying $1 or $2 an episode through Amazon and sites like Amazon.

Anyhow...I did like what I saw in the beginning, however, seriously doubt I will ever revisit the show due to their attempts at hooking me onto the show for free then expecting me to pay for it after a couple of episodes. They actually sent me an email in July before the show even aired with a direct link to the site for viewing these first couple of episodes for free. That is what makes me angry.
Well for starters, AMC doesn't get the kind of ratings that bigger cable networks like TNT and USA get and they probably don't get nearly as much ad revenue either, so I understand that they want as many people who subscribe to cable to watch them on air. Plus, they paid alot of money for shows like Mad Men and Rubicon, so I don't think they can afford to let them be posted for free online. Another factor is that AMC doesn't own the shows. Warner Bros produces Rubicon and they would need to clear the show for online streaming as well.

It's not just AMC either. CBS doesn't post episodes of Criminal Minds or The Mentalist on their websites either. Criminal Minds is co-produced with ABC and ABC won't let them be posted. The Mentalist is produced by Warner Bros and same deal, WB won't let them be posted either.
Old 09-27-10, 09:52 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

No, I love it too. Probably my favorite show currently running. I just usually watch it on Monday nights.
Old 09-28-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The show works so much better when Will is in the office with his team actually doing what they get paid to do. Having the conspiracy stuff take up the lion's share of the episodes is a mistake IMO.