Old 09-07-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- "Where and When" -- 09/07/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Pete and Myka travel to 1961 via H.G. Wells' time machine to stop a killer who is turning women into glass.

Episode 10 of 13
Old 09-08-10, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Warehouse 13 -- "Where and When" -- 09/07/10

This was a great episode. I personally think it was probably one of the best episodes this season. Time travel themed movies/TV shows have always been a guilty pleasure of mine and I think this episode did a solid job with the theme.

Whoever was the set and costume designer did one hell of a a job re-creating 1961. They managed to re-create the era without doing some cheesy sugar coating. Pete and Myka looked great in the costumes for that era and behaved like grownups. I also liked the new take on H.G. Wells' time machine with mind inhabiting instead of physically transporting someone back in time. The video of Pete and Myka as Rebecca and Jack was hilarious. The love story with Rebecca and Jack was really moving. Thought the final scene in the yard was very poignant. This was definitely one of the most mature and well acted episodes of the season.

Plus, to top it off, Claudia wasn't annoying this episode!
Old 09-08-10, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, this was a terrific episode. Pete and Myka's interplay was great (and Pete did the worst impression of Maxwell Smart I've ever heard ). Time travel "logic" always makes my head hurt, but they did a good job with it here. The love story was well done, too. Just good work all-around.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Plus, to top it off, Claudia wasn't annoying this episode!
I've only seen four episodes of the show, but I don't get the dislike of Claudia. I find her adorable and fun.
Old 09-08-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also thought it was a great episode - probably the best of the season, and possibly one of the the best of the series so far.

Although, while I love time travel stories, they did fall victim to one of the classic paradoxes. Rebecca only wanted to go back in time because of her memories of her life with Jack. But if she hadn't gone back in time, she wouldn't have had those memories in the first place. It's basically the same paradox as the "who made the watch" conundrum from the film Somewhere in Time. But other than that one minor nit pick, it was an excellent episode.

Oh, and I also don't get the Claudia hate. I think her character is being developed very well.
Old 09-08-10, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't hate Claudia. I thought she was a great addition to the show when she joined in the middle of last season. I like her as the tech girl and being the little sister to Pete and Myka/apprentice to Artie on the show. Anything else hasn't really worked too well, especially giving her a personal life with the boyfriend. In fact I really liked the episode where she was so excited to go out on assignment with Myka.
Old 09-08-10, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone catch the flux capacitor on the time machine?