Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Haven -- "Fur" -- 08/13/10

Haven

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nathan and Audrey probe animal attacks on hunters.

Episode 6 of 13

Promo:

<object width="400" height="400" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1242895"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1242895" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 08-14-10, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Haven -- "Fur" -- 08/13/10

Can somebody explain why the mother of the taxidermist sacrificed herself, and how that stopped the animals from going after anyone else? I didn't get that.

Regardless, I thought this was the best episode yet. An interesting mystery and the characters are coming into sharper focus. It was also cool to see Nicholas Campbell get a lot of screentime. (I do wish Emily Rose hadn't cut her curls, though).

My only gripe with this show is how slowly they're developing the bigger story arc. It seems like we get one mention of the "Cincinnati Kid" mystery per episode and never learn anything of substance.
Old 08-14-10, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Can somebody explain why the mother of the taxidermist sacrificed herself, and how that stopped the animals from going after anyone else? I didn't get that.
Beats me! I actually gave up on the show last week because the resolution of the "mystery-of-the-week" was formulaic (the perpetrators always seem to go free with no repercussions from the law). I tuned in for the last 20 minutes and saw how the mother was sacrificing herself and thought that was a mildly interesting change of pace.

IMHO, while the two primary leads and setting are appealing, the weekly mystery on the "troubles" are not, thus my decision to give up on the show.
Old 08-15-10, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Ending explanation:

Spoiler:

The son was killed during a fire but his body was fine. The mother taxidermied (stuffed) her son and brought him back to life. The son was shot and this ignited fear and rage within her so she was using the dead animals to exact revenge.

Even though the son was the one who claimed to do the taxidermy, his mother did the actual stuffing. This links her to the trophies; her death means that she would no longer be able to wake them as she did with her son.

The big twist was that the mother was filled with stuffing and rags herself. This means that a previous family member also brought her to life which means the "gift" runs in the family. The son is unaware that the "gift" is heriterary so it will end with her.
Old 08-15-10, 04:37 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I heard Sasha Gray was great in this....