Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-10, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I bought New Moon and Twilight in Forks, and got a $5 gift card and used a $5off Coupon. Here I'll show you.

Receipt:

N.M. DVD - $20
Forks DVD - $10
Total - $30

w/ $5 off Coupon: $25
w/ Free Gift Card: $20

Then Return Forks DVD get back $9

Total: $11

~~
Returned my Forks DVD and got $9.05 back.
Old 03-20-10, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

:facepalm:
Old 03-20-10, 11:21 PM

I think the "Returned my Forks DVD and got $9.05 back" part of this transaction, will kill the deal for most people.
Old 03-20-10, 11:22 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

nah.
Old 03-21-10, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure what $5 coupon you are referring to, but I used the redplum $16 coupon on New Moon BD, and $3 coupon for Forks, so I saved $19 plus got the $5 GC back. I have no intention of returning anything. Suggesting that we do that isn't really a legitimate deal...

But I am curious why you got $9.05 back for Forks. I didn't think you could return anything that generated a free gift card without having to pay for the GC in full, but based on your amount, it sounds like they pro-rate it...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 03-21-10 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-21-10, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm not sure what $5 coupon you are referring to, but I used the redplum $16 coupon on New Moon BD, and $3 coupon for Forks, so I saved $19 plus got the $5 GC back. I have no intention of returning anything. Suggesting that we do that isn't really a legitimate deal...

But I am curious why you got $9.05 back for Forks. I didn't think you could return anything that generated a free gift card without having to pay for the GC in full, but based on your amount, it sounds like they pro-rate it...
I asked my friend who works at target if this would work and he was told that at the store he works at you had to return the entire "twilight package" (the gift card, DVD and twilight in forks) to make an exchange.
Old 03-21-10, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

are you assuming that everybody has gift card? and where can i get the coupon?
Old 03-21-10, 06:47 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I asked my friend who works at target if this would work and he was told that at the store he works at you had to return the entire "twilight package" (the gift card, DVD and twilight in forks) to make an exchange.
He is wrong. The receipt says that you must return the entire package, but if you return part of it the system automatically pro-rates it.
Originally Posted by newginafets
are you assuming that everybody has gift card? and where can i get the coupon?
No, everyone who buys the package at Target gets a $5 giftcard.

The coupons are all over this site, look for them in the various twilight, coupon, and redplum threads.
Old 03-21-10, 09:48 AM
Banned

Why don't you use the $16.00 off redplum.com coupon and get it for a lot less?
Old 03-21-10, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by dkedvd
Why don't you use the $16.00 off redplum.com coupon and get it for a lot less?
That coupon is meant for when you buy all four titles shown. At most stores it won't scan automatically, and many will say that it is fraud if you use it for one title.
Old 03-21-10, 11:15 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
He is wrong. The receipt says that you must return the entire package, but if you return part of it the system automatically pro-rates it.

No, everyone who buys the package at Target gets a $5 giftcard.

The coupons are all over this site, look for them in the various twilight, coupon, and redplum threads.
and can't you not use the GC on the same item it was given for? what a misleading/stupid original post.
Old 03-21-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

On my receipt it says:
Refund value for BD Twilight $16.66
Refund value for Twilight $8.32

I have a question, a friend picked these up for me and I actually wanted the 3 disc instead of blu. Can I return New Moon BD without receipt and get 3 disc or does Target require receipts? Just asking because I figured the price might go up this week.
Old 03-21-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From personal experience every Target I've ever shopped at won't even let you in the door to return something (especially electronics) without a receipt. YMMV
Old 03-21-10, 11:34 AM
Banned

That coupon is meant for when you buy all four titles shown. At most stores it won't scan automatically, and many will say that it is fraud if you use it for one title.
I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times). But if you don't want to save $16.00 that's up to you. And its not fraud. Its a badly worded coupon. If it said "buy all for of these titles together and save $16.00" then I would say yes. But just says "Save $16.00 when you buy" and listing the four titles. Sure you can put two and two together and figure out what they want you to do but since it doesn't actually say that you NEED to buy all four its poor wording on their part. Even the manger at Target said to me that there was no way of telling from what was written on the coupon whether or not you HAD to buy all four or could just use it per title.

Last edited by dkedvd; 03-21-10 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-21-10, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
From personal experience every Target I've ever shopped at won't even let you in the door to return something (especially electronics) without a receipt. YMMV
We've returned stuff, hassle-free, without receipts numerous times at Target. We paid with a debit card, and they simply swipe the same card to issue the credit. Never had any type of problem.
Old 03-21-10, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
We've returned stuff, hassle-free, without receipts numerous times at Target. We paid with a debit card, and they simply swipe the same card to issue the credit. Never had any type of problem.
That's different. If they have the purchasing debit or credit card, they can use it to look up the transaction for you.
Old 03-21-10, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I've never seen a Target where they have anyone at the door, and I've been to at least 30 all over the country.

And they even have it written into their policy that you can return things without a receipt.
Old 03-21-10, 02:30 PM

I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times). But if you don't want to save $16.00 that's up to you. And its not fraud. Its a badly worded coupon. If it said "buy all for of these titles together and save $16.00" then I would say yes. But just says "Save $16.00 when you buy" and listing the four titles. Sure you can put two and two together and figure out what they want you to do but since it doesn't actually say that you NEED to buy all four its poor wording on their part. Even the manger at Target said to me that there was no way of telling from what was written on the coupon whether or not you HAD to buy all four or could just use it per title.
Why do you need six copies?

But anyway, I was posting the obvious. The coupon is meant for all four titles purchased together, stores will possibly not get reimbursed for them, so if they want to refuse them, we shouldn't have any problem with that.

Also, many people will morally refuse to even try to use the coupon. And we shouldn't be upset with them.

Personally, I used it once, but wouldn't argue if they declined it.

People who try to take advantage of obvious misprints or glitches in the system, and then complain about stores trying to protect themselves really make me mad. Not addressing you personally, just the idiots with the sense of entitlement.
Old 03-21-10, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why do you need six copies?
I don't think he meant he bought six copies of the same flick, but that he has used the $16 off coupon a total of six times (on different items, since four titles are shown for it)....maybe he got Astroboy on DVD one time, the Bandslam DVD the next time, then Astroboy on BD, then different store exclusives for New Moon on DVD and BD??
Old 03-21-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm not sure what $5 coupon you are referring to, but I used the redplum $16 coupon on New Moon BD, and $3 coupon for Forks, so I saved $19 plus got the $5 GC back...
So to be clear, you were out the door for $11 with 2 movies and a $5 gift card?
Old 03-21-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow. I just printed that coupon out and I can't imagine my Target will let me get away with that.

The titles are clearly separated by commas, which in my mind, means all 4 must be bought simultaneously.

Of course it won't stop me from trying.
Old 03-21-10, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
No, Twilight 3-Disc Only and $5 gift card.

Twilight & Forks: $30 [for both]
Redplum: $5 off
Giftcard: $5
Total: $20
Return Forks: $11 (for New Moon 3-Disc)
Old 03-22-10, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times).
Wait a sec. I'll forgo even asking why you would use it six times. I just want to know how you printed it six times. Don't you get an "already printed" message from their site?

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Lucky. I've only had to return a few things, and I swear I think I would have an easier time going through airport security with a turban on my head and an AK-47 strapped to my back.

Also, I'd like to point out that the $5.00 and $10.00 coupons use the wording "Plus one/any two of the following," but the $16.00 coupon does not. It's implied, of course, but for some reason they didn't spell it out the way they did with the lesser-valued coupons.
Old 03-22-10, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Wait a sec. I'll forgo even asking why you would use it six times. I just want to know how you printed it six times. Don't you get an "already printed" message from their site?
Why? There were four titles so that's already four and my twin cousins b-days were this weekend got so that's two more. And to print 6 coupons I used my comp, my wife's comp, & my work comp.

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Also, I'd like to point out that the $5.00 and $10.00 coupons use the wording "Plus one/any two of the following," but the $16.00 coupon does not. It's implied, of course, but for some reason they didn't spell it out the way they did with the lesser-valued coupons.
Yes, its strange. But good for us.
Old 03-22-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Yes and no. I could have paid $11 out the door if I bought the SD, but I bought the BD so it was $16 out the door...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.