Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Buy 2, Get 2 More for $2 @ goHastings.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Buy 2, Get 2 More for $2 @ goHastings.com

Looks like they sweetened the deal a little bit this time around. You're getting an extra movie for $1. This is only USED dvds, no blu-ray. Buy 2 used dvds, get the next 2 for $1 each. Deal ends 2/20 (Sat.)

goHastings

Used - trade-ins, usually in better condition
Previously Viewed - rentals, usually more worn and better chance of a scratched disc

If you're placing a large order the chances of running into some sort of issue (wrong version, wrong movie, etc.) are quite high. Contact customer service at (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464) and they'll fix the issue. They don't offer replacements, but you will get a refund. You'll get it fixed immediately if you call rather than email.

Last edited by dino88; 02-15-10 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-15-10, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Buy 2, Get 2 More for $2 @ goHastings.com

Pretty good deal. Picked up:

Whiteout
Surrogates
Inglorious Basterds

fpr ~25 bucks shipped...
Old 02-15-10, 04:36 PM

Dang, can't use this on blu ray huh? Too bad.
Old 02-15-10, 07:29 PM

Some real potential for a deal here but having a hard time finding dvds I want in similar price ranges. Decisions decisions
Old 02-15-10, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer their blanket percentage deals, as it is a pain to try grouping things together for the most advantageous deal. Plus I want to wait until all of my items from the last sale come in.
Old 02-15-10, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As much as I decry GO HASTINGS with their user unfriendly site and their antiquated maze of SEARCH options, they always wind up sucking me in when they have deals and the site actually works.

Tough choices this go around because, as Gara posted above, you want to get your money's worth by ordering titles that are close in price. Why get a $2.00 DVD for a buck when you can get one at or near your highest price selection?

So here's what I bit on today; good deals, I think, coming out to be around $8.00 each, but it took me forever to finally nail down four that I wanted:

The Living Corpse $13.05
I Drink Your Blood $9.44
Castle of Blood $9.17 / $1.00
Dracula vs. Frankenstein $8.71 / $1.00

Merchandise: $24.49
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling: $5.99

TOTAL: $30.48

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 02-15-10 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-15-10, 08:00 PM

Haha it's a small world. I was trying to get something to work with "I drink your blood" as well.
Old 02-15-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm just hoping it still has the insert repro mini-poster for the immortal double bill of I EAT YOUR SKIN/I DRINK YOUR BLOOD. As far as I read, that insert was included with this edition, but I'm not holding my breath that it will still be there, given the Go Hastings labyrinth of Used DVDs.
Old 02-16-10, 01:28 AM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Woo-Hoo!

Clerks X 3 disc: $4.48
Paranormal Activity: $4.72
Last House on the Left (2008): $1.00
Knocked Up 2 disc: $1.00
Old 02-20-10, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gara
Haha it's a small world. I was trying to get something to work with "I drink your blood" as well.
Well, if you didn't wind up getting this title, you might have missed out on the thrill I had of receiving mine in a condition that looks as though it came from the delicately handled collection of Freddy Kruger.
Old 02-20-10, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Well, if you didn't wind up getting this title, you might have missed out on the thrill I had of receiving mine in a condition that looks as though it came from the delicately handled collection of Freddy Kruger.
Oh that Freddy, he's such a card! After his last movies it's no wonder he had to part with his collection for some spare cash. Did you at least get the poster?

As for my own order I couldn't find enough titles in the same price range that I wanted.
Old 02-20-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, no poster either AND someone wrote a big "#2" on the artwork of the disc itself! Definitely not a good buy, but to their credit, Go Hastings is giving me a refund and not asking me to return it. If I can get it to play, which is questionable given all the scratches, I may write to the studio and see if they can send me the original insert poster repro. I had to do that once with VCI when an insert poster was missing and they sent me a replacement right away.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find enough to take advantage of the deal. It's a complicated process and with the very archaic search engine of Go Hastings, it can be tough and immensely time consuming to fulfill the two-fer offers. The 30% off is a much better and more accessible deal, but oh how I wish Hastings (and SecondSpin and Netflix and dozens of other DVD sites) could get search options as effective as those at OLDIES.com or even DVD SWAP, both of which are state of the art.
Old 02-22-10, 03:26 PM

I ordered the remastered 2 disc version of Citizen Kane. What a surprise. It looked like someone stomped on the damn thing. Box was utterly destroyed but I thought maybe the discs survived. The second disc was split right in half the movie itself on disc one was scratched and slightly out of round but it played through at least the first half hour. goHastings is issuing a full refund. This is the first problem I have had with any orders.
Old 02-22-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Deal is dead. The current deal is buy 1, get another 50% off. I wouldn't recommend this deal. You'd be better off waiting for the next 30% promo.
Old 02-22-10, 09:37 PM

I picked up a bunch of wrestling dvds and the three I received today(fast shipping since I just ordered them Friday)are in great shape.The ECW one even had the insert in it still.
Here's my order:

Quantity:1,WWE: 'Cause Stone Cold Said So Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.00Discount: 1 for $1 each
Quantity:1,WWE: Tombstone - The History of the Undertaker Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.00Discount: 1 for $1 each
Quantity:1,WWE: The Rise + Fall of ECW Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.00Discount: 1 for $1 each
Quantity:1,WWE: John Cena - My Life Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.00Discount: 1 for $1 each
Quantity:1,WWE: The Monday Night War Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $4.47
Quantity:1,Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $5.36
Quantity:1,WWE: The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $7.66
Quantity:1,WWE: The Rock - The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $10.63

Merchandise:$32.12
Tax: $3.60
Shipping/Handling:$9.99
Total:$45.71

Not a bad haul for $45.71,considering a lot of these are 2 and 3 disc sets.
Old 02-23-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, from my order they wound up canceling THE LIVING CORPSE, saying it was no longer available. So with the refund for that and the refund for I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, I ended up with the two bargain discs that cost me a dollar each. Ultimately a great deal, but more Go Hastings go weirdness.
Old 02-23-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Well, from my order they wound up canceling THE LIVING CORPSE, saying it was no longer available. So with the refund for that and the refund for I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, I ended up with the two bargain discs that cost me a dollar each. Ultimately a great deal, but more Go Hastings go weirdness.
So they canceled the two full priced titles and sent you to the two $1 titles for $1 each? Sounds like something Columbia House would do.