Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any rumors of Supernatural season 1 and 2 coming soon?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-09, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or will it only come after the series is finished, and in a big complete series set?

Debating on whether or not to get the first four seasons on DVD at Amazon or wait for Blu-Ray.
Old 11-27-09, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Re: Any rumors of Supernatural season 1 and 2 coming soon?

I'd flip if there were a rumor like that floating around, but there hasn't been anything yet.

I'd...be kind of surprised if this were to happen any time soon. Unless I'm completely misremembering, Warner has yet to release a 'catalog' season title.

Nothing to stop you from getting the first two seasons on DVD and the following two on Blu-ray, though.
Old 11-28-09, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't count on it in 2010 (unless - small shot - Supernatural ends its run and Warner brings a complete series set out).

Smallville would come first and they still have a season exclusive to HD DVD. There is just very little money in catalog TV seasons right now. Lost seemed to do pretty well, but I can't think of many other examples (Dexter?). Stuff like Firefly was a one shot deal, and other evergreen stuff (Star Trek) should always do well when timed with something else.

Lots of rumors indicated Seinfeld, Friends, X-Files, Buffy might hit in the next year or two. As it stands, not even hit shows guaranteed a release (Grey's Anatomy) and if they don' fall into the current BD demographic, good luck!
Old 11-28-09, 10:58 AM
Suspended

...and right after I wrote that news came out that Friends and West Wing (both Season 1 ) popped up.

I still remember West Wing being advertised in early Warner HD DVDs.
Old 11-28-09, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Isn't the current Season 5 supposed to the end of the series? I read that this will be the last season of the current run but not necessarily preclude them from doing something else with the characters or setting in the future.
Old 11-28-09, 01:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Isn't the current Season 5 supposed to the end of the series? I read that this will be the last season of the current run but not necessarily preclude them from doing something else with the characters or setting in the future.
No, 80% chance it will come back for a 6th Season due to CW not having any new shows that could carry the network (aside from Vampire Diaries). Kripke may not be back, but the two leads are in contract for 6 seasons. Supernatural also does decent DVD sales which Warner likes. Same can be said for One Tree Hill and (possibly) Smallville - all almost guaranteed to be back next year. Syndication-wise, another 22 episodes would be the show at 130 or so which Warner would like. Their fates will come in February/March.
Old 11-28-09, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
No, 80% chance it will come back for a 6th Season due to CW not having any new shows that could carry the network (aside from Vampire Diaries). Kripke may not be back, but the two leads are in contract for 6 seasons. Supernatural also does decent DVD sales which Warner likes. Same can be said for One Tree Hill and (possibly) Smallville - all almost guaranteed to be back next year. Syndication-wise, another 22 episodes would be the show at 130 or so which Warner would like. Their fates will come in February/March.
That's good to know as I really didn't want the show to come to a close but you've got to think that season 6 would be getting the show to the stretching point. All good shows must come to an end and hopefully before they have worn out their welcome as we see LOST doing before the wheels spin for too long.
Old 11-28-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

Watch Warner only give us season one and two on bluray in a complete series set.
Old 11-28-09, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh, wish they'd hurry it up. I sold my (still sealed) season two on DVD, and am looking to get rid of my open, but barely watched, season one, all in the hopes that they will be released on BD within the next year.
Old 11-28-09, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

After I watched the first two season in upconverted SD, I hardly noticed a difference when I watched the 3rd and 4th seasons on blu-ray - mostly due to the show being so freaking dark all of the time.

Seriously, do a back and forth comparison (with darker scenes - that are 90% of the show), and you'll see the differences are negligible.
Old 11-29-09, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
After I watched the first two season in upconverted SD, I hardly noticed a difference when I watched the 3rd and 4th seasons on blu-ray - mostly due to the show being so freaking dark all of the time.

Seriously, do a back and forth comparison (with darker scenes - that are 90% of the show), and you'll see the differences are negligible.
I agree. It would be a slight upgrade but not enough to prevent from already owning and watching the first two seasons on SD as we already have done. Now, we do have the third and fourth seasons on BD but I wouldn't hold out on the first two especially as cheap as you can get them now.
Old 12-24-10, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, anyone know why the shit season 2 isn't on Blu-Ray yet?

I really want to start watching this show, but it annoys the shit out of me that every season is on blu-ray except season 2.
Old 12-24-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessa17

I really want to start watching this show, but it annoys the shit out of me that every season is on blu-ray except season 2.
Just calm down and watch season 2 in SD, trust me, it's not that big a difference.
Old 12-24-10, 12:17 PM
Suspended

Its coming out in January or February I believe. Its already out in the UK (in the form of a Season 1-5 boxset). I can't seem to find the press release right now for it, but I sold my S2 DVD as soon as I read about it.
Old 12-24-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its coming out in January or February I believe.
Are you sure, because there is no listing for it anywhere, so I don't think this has been confirmed.
Old 12-24-10, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Are you sure, because there is no listing for it anywhere, so I don't think this has been confirmed.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sup...Season-2/14610
Supernatural - The Complete 2nd Season is the one that fans have been missing in the high-def format thus far, and so our readers have been regularly asking us for info. We've looked into it, and have gotten the inside word that Warner Home Video is planning a Blu-ray Disc release of the title for sometime during the first half of 2011. We don't have a specific date yet, or any other details, but we wanted to make sure our readers know that it IS on the way. Stay tuned for updates!
Earliest would be January...26th? which is the return of the show from Winter Break. But I'm betting on Feb/March now since it has not officially been announced.
Old 12-24-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sup...Season-2/14610

Earliest would be January...26th? which is the return of the show from Winter Break. But I'm betting on Feb/March now since it has not officially been announced.
Nice, thanks for that, I didn't see a listing for it on Amazon yet. I'll go ahead and buy the 5th season then since the Blu-Ray is $19.99 right now.
Old 12-25-10, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If you're desperate to watch it from the beginning in HD, you could always check it out on TNT in the mornings. They show every episode in order. Of course, I don't know what season they are up to and therefore, how long it will take to start over from the beginning.
Old 12-25-10, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad this hasn't fallen by the wayside. I just started this show.