Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

CBS/Paramount offers Replacement DVDs for The Fugitive, Season 2, Vol. 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-09, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBS/Paramount offers Replacement DVDs for The Fugitive, Season 2, Vol. 1

IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding the music replacement on The Fugitive, Season Two, Vol. 1 --

CBS/Paramount has now restored much of The Fugitive's original music and is offering a replacement program to those who buy (or already bought) Season Two, Vol. 1. Then, for the price of a stamp, the buyers just mail in the form along with the 2 Proof-of-Purchase tabs, and within 4-6 weeks, they'll receive 4 replacement discs, plus a new paper insert. Read about it on TVShowsonDVD.com -

Also, a very knowledgeable fan posting on HomeTheaterForum.com was given a review set of the replacement discs and here's his opinion:
"... let me be clear about something. When I said in my review that a "vast amount" of the music had been restored, I was speaking in terms of a comparison to the prior Season Two, Vol. 1 set. And that would be true. Now if you want to compare the replacement discs to the standards of Season One, I would say, roughly, 75-80% of the music in the episodes I have seen has been restored, the bulk of that being Rugolo. But that is just one man's estimate. Everyone is going to have a different reaction to the set, but I am safe in saying it is a great improvement ... The shows feel like The Fugitive again, even if synthesizers ocassionally pop up. But having the show FEEL like The Fugitive is the main thing.
... No matter to what degree of detail I go, or what conclusions I draw, if you are a Fugitive fan I believe you owe it to yourself to get this new replacement set and give it a chance. Decide for yourself."

Cheers to all of us who wrote letters, sent emails, and posted online to Amazon and other websites.
Here's to the power of the pen and the Internet!!
Thanks also to CBS/Paramount for at least trying to do the right thing.
Old 02-21-09, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CBS/Paramount offers Replacement DVDs for The Fugitive, Season 2, Vol. 1

There's already a thread on this.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/55...ent-discs.html