Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

remember when DAVID CASSIDY sang "I Think I Love You" at the end of an awards show?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

remember when DAVID CASSIDY sang "I Think I Love You" at the end of an awards show?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a couple of years ago, and I don't remember if it was the Oscars, the Emmys, or something else, but he was unannounced - a surprise - and at the end of the show, he came out and sang his former #1 hit, "I Think I Love You".

I was thinking about it, and thought at the time it was a little embarrassing - yet, I don't know, since I like the song and everything (almost a guilty pleasure), it was okay. But wouldn't it have been 1 million times better if the whole cast of The Partridge Family had assembled and belted out the tune? Get Shirley Jones (Mom), Danny Bonadouche, Susan Dey, the two younger kids (blonde or brunette boy, doesn't matter) - all grown up, all together........

I think that would have made better history! How come they didn't do it?

EDIT: oh, and I know that, during the show, only David Cassidy and Shirley Jones appeared on the songs - the rest of the cast just lip-synced and pretended to play the instruments. They could have pretended again - I'm not expecting them to just know how to play. The illusion would have been cool.

Last edited by Buttmunker; 12-12-08 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-12-08, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would be better if they all just went away forever and took The Brady Bunch with them
Old 12-12-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Speaking of the Bradys, how cool would it have been if, since they sometimes visited the lot where the Brady Bunch was filmed, if the Partridges had visited the Bradys at home? Nobody has any foresight at Paramount, I swear. Missed opportunities.

Last edited by Buttmunker; 12-12-08 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-12-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
No, I don't.
Old 12-12-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Award show? I vaguely remember him doing it on the finale of some "find the new Partridge Family" reality competition
Old 12-12-08, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danol?
Old 12-12-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just guessing but aren't there some kind of TVLand awards that air occasionally???