Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

I could use some help on chooisng a DVD Mega Changer.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-08, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking at buying a DVD Mega changer to replce the current DVD player and CD Player. It seems the Sony DVP-CX995 stinks from the reviews I have read.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
Old 11-28-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There aren't any others being made right now, AFAIK. So you have 2 choices: Get the Sony, or shop used market.

These beasts really polarize people. Some swear by them, others wouldn't touch them on a dare. I don't know what the reviews you've read said specifically, but many times the complaints are SOP for a megachanger, so somebody needs to suck it up rather than complain. If you can't live with their foibles, start shopping for DVD shelves.
Old 11-29-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xager8on
Im looking at buying a DVD Mega changer to replce the current DVD player and CD Player. It seems the Sony DVP-CX995 stinks from the reviews I have read.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
they are not bad. i have 2 of that particular model. people gave alot of the negative reviews because they have to type info in for many of dvds. not the dvd players fault. the title info has to be included on the dvd itself and not many have that. they do everything you expect them to do as far as storing/organizing your collection. it is also a fair upscaling player. the newest incarnation is light years ahead of the previous models 985 and 875. i have a few of those as well. right now they are the only game in town.
Old 11-29-08, 08:17 AM

Have you had any issues with this Sony model?
Old 11-29-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xager8on
Have you had any issues with this Sony model?
no its my favorite out of all the models # i listed and a real workhorse. i have 2 of them 3 of the 985 model and 2 of the 875 model. the 875 is the most problematic of the 3 as occasionally it eats a disc. i haven't had any issues with the 985 either and you could find them pretty cheap on ebay. the load time is slightly longer on the 995. i believe it has something to do with the upconversion.