Eleventh Hour -- "Cardiac" -- 10/16/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-08, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Eleventh Hour -- "Cardiac" -- 10/16/08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Hood and Rachel travel to a small Georgia town to investigate the deaths of three seemingly healthy 11-year-old boys who died of heart attacks. Tension rises among the locals as fear overtakes them and another boy collapses.

Who tried this last week? I enjoyed it, although I do see some small similarities to Fringe. I thought Sewell was actually pretty good for someone who is a no-name for most American viewers. I'm curious to see how it does this week since it lost about 1/2 of CSI's audience.
Old 10-16-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched it and really liked it. It was less "out there" than Fringe and still believable. I never have heard or seen Sewell before but thought his performance was very good. I'm lookin forward to it!

Guess I'll edit this since no one else has replied.

I thought the 2nd ep was much weaker than the pilot episode. Just overall- less belivable, not as interesting, a few more things that I wouldn't believe. But I'll continue- I really like the doc.

Last edited by GradVT06; 10-17-08 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-17-08, 12:01 PM

I wanted to like this episode, but I didn't. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't capture me. It felt like it was going through the motions and not offering up anything that made me want to see what happened next. I'll stay with this for a few more eps, mainly because of Sewell, but it needs to grab me soon.
Old 10-17-08, 12:07 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
The promo line should have read:

"This is a show that Grissom would watch... Once!"

Didn't see the pilot, but this ep was sad and strange. Besides...

Spoiler:
...how could the kid from Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium be so cruel?

I watch this once just because I was home last night. I won't be watching again.
Old 10-17-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Meh. this show really isn't anything great. i like the science aspect of it, but it's just not all that compelling to me. i'll give it a few more weeks, but it has a chance for me to cut and run.
Old 10-20-08, 12:43 PM

I'm actually digging the series and thought the 2nd episode was better than the pilot. The tone was a lot more serious and more realistic. I don't know why but it also felt like watching a movie, took their time with the plot and had a cool dark tone to it. And that kid was actually a pretty good actor.

Sewell got me watching and will keep me watching.

Spoiler:
I was secretly hoping for another fight between Marley and that lady at the end. I was actually hoping that she gets to fight in each show.
Old 10-20-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That kid looked like a clone of former kid actor Barret Oliver (Cocoon, Neverending Story, D.A.R.Y.L.)
Old 10-20-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought the 2nd ep was much better. I'll tune in to see how the third shapes up...
Old 10-22-08, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I thought the 2nd ep was much better. I'll tune in to see how the third shapes up...
Yeah the third episode looks pretty good, I'm seeing a trend that the episodes feel like something that I could read in the newspaper. I guess thats the Bruckheimer touch and what he's known for most. Fits in well with CSI right before it.