Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Buying Movie Artwork That ISN'T a Poster...?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've tried looking online for some type of unique artwork that isn't movie posters. I've found certain images on LA Artwork which is different:

I've also seen some canvas artwork that looks nice from movies like The Dark Knight:

But all of these prints are on eBay. But are there other places to buy similar types of movie art online? Art that is movie themed, maybe printed on canvas, and is unique? I do enjoy framing movie posters, but I'm also trying to come up with other ways to keep the movie theme of the room going with different kinds of movie/entertainment art.
Old 08-24-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're ok, but they seem more like photoshopped production stills than actual "art." The Joker ones are simply the posters edited into different poses from the looks of it.
Old 08-24-08, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by NitroJMS
They're ok, but they seem more like photoshopped production stills than actual "art." The Joker ones are simply the posters edited into different poses from the looks of it.
I agree. There is something a bit cheap looking with these "artistic" displays. I would prefer getting some of the Polish poster versions of some of my favorites than these interpretive reproductions.
Old 12-26-08, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAartwork are not photoshopped

I have a bunch of these. They were originally done in pencil and look cool on stretched canvas.

go to www . youtube. com/watch?v=AxRjPLNTLiQ
that is just sick. I can't wait to see his Joker
Old 12-26-08, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Its been discussed before - but I'm friends with the artist from L.A. Artwork. What he does is a work of art...I've seen him do it numerous times (he's borrowed my DVDs before to study the design of a certain scene) and have tons of his artwork in my home (including the original Edward pictured above). He has a website; www.LAArtwork.com for those interested in ordering. I'm still waiting for him to do a Buffy/Angel one...some day. Sigh.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12-26-08 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-26-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
That's one of the best images from the film!

Get rid of the "Why so serious" message and get it back to true color and I'd buy it.

To answer your question, well ... I'd just rather show off one of my unique cinema related piece I got off eBay (but the seller seems to be profiteering from other - most likely unlicensed - materials) that should be fitting for those familiar with his material.

The seller has some other stuff related to Five Deadly Venoms, Sony Chiba and Lone Wolf and Cub ..but I'm not as impressed with them as I am of the one purchased.
Old 12-27-08, 02:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just bought this recently:

Old 12-27-08, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mind me asking where you got that from. It looks like it needs to be hung on my wall.
Old 12-27-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh1082
Mind me asking where you got that from. It looks like it needs to be hung on my wall.
mondotees.com
Old 12-28-08, 02:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, that's where I got it. They had a bunch of different artwork because they had a Shining party on Halloween: http://www.shiningparty.com/

Unfortunately, I think most of the stuff, including the one I got, are sold out, because they were produced in very limited quantities. Sorry dude.

Edit: Here's the original link for that poster. It does look like they're all gone. http://www.mondotees.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=3578
Old 12-28-08, 04:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Google Gallery 1988. Plenty of movie-themed art there.