Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'South Park: The Complete Eleventh Season'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of South Park: The Complete Eleventh Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34196 and...

I was wondering if you could confirm that there's no censored track available on these DVDs? I actually prefer SP with the bleeps, and I am a little disappointed that they're doing something like this to try and drive sales.
Old 08-14-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
No censored track, only other audio track is with the commentaries. The episodes on the website weren't bleeped either. Noticed they use some naughty words in passing, which wouldn't make a lot of sense if they were bleeped.
Old 08-14-08, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In case you needed another confirmation, it's uncensored.

I agree the older episodes were funnier with the beeps, but the new ones, the swearing isn't THAT much for comedic effect anymore. So I think it's fine.
Old 08-15-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the confirmation, though it's not what I wanted to hear.

To tell the truth, I only have the first four seasons and the movie on DVD and I can't recall the last time we spun up one of those discs anyways.

Maybe down the road they'll offer a release with both tracks, seems kinda silly not to offer both if you have them.
Old 08-16-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
I wish they'd kept including the French and Spanish dubs that are on the Season 3 discs- the songs on the Christmas special are priceless!
Old 08-16-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by milo bloom
Thanks for the confirmation, though it's not what I wanted to hear.

To tell the truth, I only have the first four seasons and the movie on DVD and I can't recall the last time we spun up one of those discs anyways.

Maybe down the road they'll offer a release with both tracks, seems kinda silly not to offer both if you have them.
Well, I don't know. The later episodes were just kinda using swears to add a little effect so it was awesome to hear it on home video, but the older seasons specifically used bleeps for some of the gags. Even in the first episode where there's that lonnnnnnnng string of bleeps, it was intentional. I personally wouldn't want the older seasons to be unedited. It was part of their charm.
Old 08-16-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Well, I don't know. The later episodes were just kinda using swears to add a little effect so it was awesome to hear it on home video, but the older seasons specifically used bleeps for some of the gags. Even in the first episode where there's that lonnnnnnnng string of bleeps, it was intentional. I personally wouldn't want the older seasons to be unedited. It was part of their charm.
Oh I agree, I was referring to this particular release. They already have the audio track for the broadcast version, why not make everyone happy and include both?

I definitely don't want uncensored versions of the older seasons either.
Old 08-20-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You know, it's funny. I read that the beeps were gone before I got the set, and so far we've watched disc one... and I totally forgot the beeps weren't there, and nothing really jumped out at me as seeming out of place or anything. So I guess it really doesn't matter to me now.