Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Lonesome Dove: 2-Disc Collector's Edition'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-20-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read Preston Jones's DVD review of Lonesome Dove: 2-Disc Collector's Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34320 and is it really worth the upgrade?

For those of us who loved the TV version...did you watch the new widescreen and get a renewed joy? Or same ol' joy?

I'm on the fence about a double dip since this is a great series, but I'm just not sure that it's going to improve my experience much with the new version.
Old 08-20-08, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

What a great movie.
Old 08-20-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheV View Post
I read Preston Jones's DVD review of Lonesome Dove: 2-Disc Collector's Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34320 and is it really worth the upgrade?

I'm on the fence about a double dip since this is a great series, but I'm just not sure that it's going to improve my experience much with the new version.
I suppose it depends on your equipment. I bought the blu-ray and it is far superior to the old SD release which I thought looked little better than VHS. Upgrade from that to BD was a no-brainer. The new SD came from the same source so I'm guessing that looks great also.
Old 08-20-08, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by TheV View Post

For those of us who loved the TV version...did you watch the new widescreen and get a renewed joy? Or same ol' joy?

Jump off the fence! If you have good equipment and love this mini series then grab it quick. It is 100% better than the standard DVD release (Both Video and Sound)